Superego

Superego
RE: Superego
Percy: Manage to get inside before anyone else can do anything.
[Image: 6LGz4x9.png]
>It seems like it'd be hard to climb back up. Help him into the room.

[Image: 2141.gif]

[Image: 2142.gif]

>helen where are ur manners! say thank you!

[Image: 2143.gif]

"Thank you..."
-its nothing

[Image: 2144.gif]

"Phew. Now that that's over, what do we do next?"

[Image: 2145.gif]

"...Helen?"

[Image: 2146.gif]

"Mr. O'Neil..."
"..."
"...Do you think I'm stupid?"
[Image: sig10.gif]
Uh oh.
>percy: be honest. lying will not help you here.
Percy: Honest, but be tasteful as well. Avoid *brutal* honesty.
>"What? Why would I think that?!"

She hasn't really ever spoken up long enough for him to have any opinion one way or the other, I'd guess, but...
Honesty is best here, but what does Percy think of her?
c'mon guys do you really think Percy thinks anyone is "stupid"...y'all not giving him enough credit. I'm frankly shocked that this is the #1 response??? like, to me, "be honest" means you guys really think he thinks this?

normally I don't like stepping in on these situations but this has baffled me a bit. what has Helen even done around him that he'd even criticize as being "stupid?" not to mention his perfectionistic-focused childhood, where he was probably called that on a semi-regular basis. now I think some of you may think "that just means he'll take it out on others" but trust me--he wouldn't wish it on anyone else. he has a temper, but he's not going to run around calling someone "stupid" that he hasn't even gotten mad at once in the story. plus, what would "yes I think you're stupid lmao" even serve, story-wise...

try something else :P
Percy: Honest, but be tasteful as well. Avoid *brutal* honesty. In this case, that means telling her "No, of course not," and avoiding anything like "Good lord, why would you think I'd think that?"
You must be registered to view this content.
Now you're doing this on purpose!!

thank you for obliging me though. carry on
(07-28-2016, 07:16 PM)NonAnalogue Wrote: »Percy: Honest, but be tasteful as well. Avoid *brutal* honesty. In this case, that means telling her "No, of course not," and avoiding anything like "Good lord, why would you think I'd think that?"

Actually the latter might be better if Helen takes it as an invitation to properly answer, and Percy properly listens?
(07-28-2016, 11:42 AM)Jovian Wrote: »c'mon guys do you really think Percy thinks anyone is "stupid"...y'all not giving him enough credit. I'm frankly shocked that this is the #1 response??? like, to me, "be honest" means you guys really think he thinks this?

That was my wonder. I was like, "wait, since when did Percy give indication he thought she was stupid"?? The only reason she would bring it up to me was that her actions in the hospital could've been thought that way. Which I haven't seen it to be.

Or she's just a poor judge of her own character.
>"What? Why would I think that?!"

[Image: 2147.gif]

"What...? Why in the world would you say that?"
"..."
"Who told you you're stupid?"

[Image: 2148.gif]

"I..."

[Image: 2149.gif]

[Image: 2150.gif]
awwww! percy give her a hug
There's times where hugs are what is necessary... this is one of them.
>"So... what's she all about?"
>There, there...
>Give her a hug. It seems like she really need it.
>awwww! percy give her a hug
>There's times where hugs are what is necessary... this is one of them.

[Image: 2151.gif]

>There, there...

[Image: 2152.gif]

So you talk. And talk. And talk. About various things. But mostly him and all the things he says.

[Image: 2153.gif]

Can you abuse someone with words and actions, not violence? Of course, says Mr. O'Neil. You had never really thought about it until now.

But you guess it makes sense.

He says he can relate. He feels he's been too cruel to his wife. You tell him to work on that, and he says he intends to try as hard as he can as soon as he wakes up in the real world.

He also tells you to call him Percy.

[Image: 2154.gif]

You need to come to a decision, but it's so hard.

Your children...you wanted them to grow up having a loving family that could give them anything. And you suppose they are grown now, but...shattering that illusion feels painful.

But you have to, right?

You can't keep surviving every day with him and feeling like you're worth nothing for all the hard work you do.

You're not stupid. You've been through a lot. You've learned a lot. Just because you don't have a job or a driver's license doesn't mean you're worthless.

But it's so hard. He can give you anything.

[Image: 2155.gif]

You need to come to a decision.

You need to get out of there. For your sake.

For the first time in your life, you need to put yourself before anyone else.

But what do you do? What can you do?
go home and lariat him in the neck
SpoilerShow
> Have a real talk with your kids, make a plan.
Know any divorce lawyers?
> If you feel threatened, a direct confrontation might be... unadvisable. Perhaps you should have Percy and your siblings ask around about community groups that might help you get away from your situation?
Avatar by ribsgrowback on tumblr!
>You'll need to tell your children the truth first
Hire a hitman
~◕ w◕~
>Have a real talk with your kids

[Image: 2156.gif]

Yes. That has to get done first. You just...want it to go well. You hope it goes well. What do you even say...?

>If you feel threatened, a direct confrontation might be... unadvisable
>Make a plan.

[Image: 2157.gif]

You need to get out of the house. You'll need to...stay with someone. Who? Your sisters...? God, you'll need to talk to them, too.

>Perhaps you should have Percy and your siblings ask around about community groups that might help you get away from your situation?

[Image: 2158.gif]

And...

"Percy?"
"Hm?"
"Do you think...when this is over...we could keep in touch?"
"Yes, of course!"

[Image: 2159.gif]

"Have you decided on a plan?"

[Image: 2160.gif]

"Yes. I think so."