Post making contest 4.0

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post making contest 4.0
RE: Post making contest
Okay so back when I wrote this it was intended as a way to throw together a whole bunch of concepts I had for other things and write short (maybe?) self contained stories with a consistent locale and cast. Each chapter is (probably?) its own self contained story so I can tear these things apart one chapter at a time.

Right off the bat the title of the first chapter is just... you know sometimes you see those books/movies/whatever that have been constructed around a single perfect pun and its all real contrived to fit to that one title. Well the first chapter is that but the title makes no sense. It's not a clever pun, it's not even a pun. It's a fundamental misunderstanding of a popular song title. I'm more embarrassed by this than anything else I've ever written and this is just the title. It doesn't bode well.
(07-26-2016, 10:08 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »I'm more embarrassed by this than anything else I've ever written and this is just the title.

I'M CRYING
story of a thing

there was a thing

hello, thing, said another thing. it's time to die...

thing died

end
You must be registered to view this content.
Magnesium hydroxide is an inorganic compound with the chemical formula of hydrated Mg(OH)2. It is often known as milk of magnesia, because of its milk-like appearance as a suspension.
epsom salts
Paper made from chemical pulps are also known as wood-free papers–not to be confused with tree-free paper; this is because they do not contain lignin, which deteriorates over time.
table salts
i'm gonna have to make a new thread to tear this terrible old novel to pieces in
(07-26-2016, 03:53 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »
(07-24-2016, 11:35 PM)Robust Laser Wrote: »a meany memey machiney
I know what you mean, and I'm so happy. Rats live on no evil star, and I'm surprised that nobody has done this yet.
Passes 1 rule, 2 negarules.

(07-26-2016, 04:14 PM)Kaynato Wrote: »[Image: card00358_fr.jpg]
[Image: 061-finger_tip_grab.jpg]
Passes 0 rules, 0 negarules.

(07-26-2016, 04:27 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »

the Milk, please

Robust Laser
Passes 2 rules, 0 negarules.

(07-26-2016, 04:32 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »laser orb is the hot new meme pass it on

Passes 0 rules, 0 negarules.

(07-26-2016, 04:34 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »[Image: tt11289174fltt.gif]

Passes 0 and -0

(07-26-2016, 04:36 PM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »[Image: tt11289178fltt.gif]

Passes 0 and -0

(07-26-2016, 05:35 PM)qwerx3 Wrote: »We are coming up to the quadruple 8!

Passes 0 and -0

(07-26-2016, 05:37 PM)Reyweld Wrote: »Did you just............................................... flip....................... my switch??????
Passes.... 0 and -0.

(07-26-2016, 05:59 PM)Kaynato Wrote: »GOOD TIDING

Passes 0 and -0.

(07-26-2016, 06:29 PM)qwerx3 Wrote: »If the novel describes some unreal things, and you're terrified by it...

does that make it a terrific?
Passes 0 and -0.

(07-26-2016, 07:15 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »okay i got distracted but so far i've read maybe the first paragraph or so and it's 1) lazy exposition, 2) i guess i didn't understand just how dangerous and long lasting nuclear fallout was back when i was eighteen (23 years after a nuclear apocalypse everything should have cleared up and everything would be back to normal again right?), 2b) this observation gives an incredibly misleading idea as to what this story is going to be about, 3) teenage sex fantasy worldbuilding and i promise that this isn't that kind of story either
Passes 0 and -1.

(07-26-2016, 09:56 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »This is update #207.

My laptop is now running Windows 10.

Coincidentally, my final count of the number of times everything broke is also 10.

I am frankly exhausted and fed up with the concept of computers in general, so am going to spend the rest of my evening glued to this one, obviously.

End of message
Passes 0 and 1.

(07-26-2016, 10:08 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »Okay so back when I wrote this it was intended as a way to throw together a whole bunch of concepts I had for other things and write short (maybe?) self contained stories with a consistent locale and cast. Each chapter is (probably?) its own self contained story so I can tear these things apart one chapter at a time.

Right off the bat the title of the first chapter is just... you know sometimes you see those books/movies/whatever that have been constructed around a single perfect pun and its all real contrived to fit to that one title. Well the first chapter is that but the title makes no sense. It's not a clever pun, it's not even a pun. It's a fundamental misunderstanding of a popular song title. I'm more embarrassed by this than anything else I've ever written and this is just the title. It doesn't bode well.
Passes 0 and 0.

(07-26-2016, 10:15 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »
(07-26-2016, 10:08 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »I'm more embarrassed by this than anything else I've ever written and this is just the title.

I'M CRYING
Passes 1 and -2.

(07-26-2016, 10:17 PM)Kaynato Wrote: »story of a thing

there was a thing

hello, thing, said another thing. it's time to die...

thing died

end
Passes 0 and 0.

Passes 0 and -1.

(07-26-2016, 10:19 PM)qwerx3 Wrote: »Magnesium hydroxide is an inorganic compound with the chemical formula of hydrated Mg(OH)2. It is often known as milk of magnesia, because of its milk-like appearance as a suspension.
Passes 0 and 0.

(07-26-2016, 10:22 PM)Kaynato Wrote: »epsom salts
Passes 0 and -1.

(07-26-2016, 10:23 PM)qwerx3 Wrote: »Paper made from chemical pulps are also known as wood-free papers–not to be confused with tree-free paper; this is because they do not contain lignin, which deteriorates over time.
Passes 1 and -1. Which is weird, honestly. I don't see any reason that should have triggered that negarule but it's just not there apparently.
Originally I said this passes 0 regular rules that was a mistake.

(07-26-2016, 10:28 PM)qwerx3 Wrote: »table salts

Passes 0 and 0.
(07-26-2016, 10:34 PM)qwerx3 Wrote: »
Passes 1 and 0.

(07-26-2016, 10:34 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »i'm gonna have to make a new thread to tear this terrible old novel to pieces in

Passes 0 and 0.
RE: FINGERTIPS 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO
  • Everything's Catching on Fire
  • Fingertips
  • I Hear the Wind Blow
  • Hey Now Everybody Now
  • Who's That Standing Out My Window
  • I Found A New Friend
  • Come On And Wreck My Car
  • Aren't You The Guy Who Hit Me In The Eye?
  • Please Pass the Milk, Please
  • Leave Me Alone
  • Who's Knocking On The Wall?
  • All Alone
  • What's That Blue Thing Doing Here?
  • Something Grabbed Hold Of My Hand
  • I Cannot Understand You
  • I Heard A Sound
  • Mysterious Whisper
  • The Day That Love Came To Play
  • I'm Having A Heart Attack
  • Fingertips (reprise)
  • I Walk Along Darkened Corridors
Happy celebrate surprise joy sorrow mad anger hate despondence anxious nervous gleeful excited irate
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
RE: FINGERTIPS 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO
(07-26-2016, 10:38 PM)qwerx3 Wrote: »
  • Everything's Catching on Fire
  • Fingertips
  • I Hear the Wind Blow
  • Hey Now Everybody Now
  • Who's That Standing Out My Window
  • I Found A New Friend
  • Come On And Wreck My Car
  • Aren't You The Guy Who Hit Me In The Eye?
  • Please Pass the Milk, Please
  • Leave Me Alone
  • Who's Knocking On The Wall?
  • All Alone
  • What's That Blue Thing Doing Here?
  • Something Grabbed Hold Of My Hand
  • I Cannot Understand You
  • I Heard A Sound
  • Mysterious Whisper
  • The Day That Love Came To Play
  • I'm Having A Heart Attack
  • Fingertips (reprise)
  • I Walk Along Darkened Corridors

Passes 2 rules and 0 negarules.

(07-26-2016, 10:40 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »Happy celebrate surprise joy sorrow mad anger hate despondence anxious nervous gleeful excited irate

Passes 0 rules and 0 negarules.
Shredded made from chemical pulps are also known as wood-free papers–not to be confused with tree-free paper.
(07-26-2016, 10:41 PM)qwerx3 Wrote: »Shredded made from chemical pulps are also known as wood-free papers–not to be confused with tree-free paper.

Passes 1 and 0.
[Image: open-hand.png]
(07-26-2016, 10:48 PM)qwerx3 Wrote: »[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmentalfloss.com%2Fsites%..._0.png&f=1]

This broken image passes 0 rules and 0 negarules.
If one hand won't work maybe two will
(07-26-2016, 10:49 PM)qwerx3 Wrote: »[Image: open-hand.png]

Passes 0 and -0.
(07-26-2016, 10:51 PM)qwerx3 Wrote: »[Image: open-hand.png]

Passes 1 and -0.