Lucidstuck I

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucidstuck I
RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over!
(07-25-2016, 03:39 PM)Fellow Wrote: »
(07-25-2016, 03:36 PM)ForestGardener Wrote: »Fellow, I think that Geiger Countess Set is tier 8 or 9. Please trim the recipe a bit.
The highest tier items in the recipe are tier 5. The result of any combination is the tier of the highest tier item +1, no matter how many items are used.

I was counting arrows (steps in the process), of which the longest path has 8. I was also grouping each line as a single item with the tier of the highest item in it. Looking more closely, I was mistaken in both assumptions.

As I figure it (correct me if I'm wrong):
SpoilerShow

Changing the two zeros at the top to ones does not change the final product.

Edit after reading update
Is she talking about Daesdyne? I mean, I'm okay with keeping some of our more ... brutally effective methods secret for now, but we've been capable of killing her with a little prep for some time now.
(07-25-2016, 07:05 PM)ForestGardener Wrote: »I was counting arrows (steps in the process), of which the longest path has 8. I was also grouping each line as a single item with the tier of the highest item in it. Looking more closely, I was mistaken in both assumptions.

As I figure it (correct me if I'm wrong):
SpoilerShow

Changing the two zeros at the top to ones does not change the final product.

You're putting a lot of 0s on base items. Brass knuckles, sweater, antidote, platinum record, blindfold and ribbon hat are all base items(zeroes). Sure, they'd have to be drawn but drawn items are still base items.

Also, eyecatchers are the product of late night lady pants+eye shirt.

The tiers of the end-items except for the shoes are one tier below what you've written down because of this.
She's looking for someone on the other side of what? Daesdyne's cave?
(07-25-2016, 09:12 PM)Kayriel Wrote: »She's looking for someone on the other side of what? Daesdyne's cave?

If that's the case, maybe her goal is getting to Graveyard Grasslands, so she can meet the Grazing Monstrosity (Lethos, wasn't it?). Weren't they one of the bosses?
\(0v0)/
(07-25-2016, 09:53 PM)lovelypenguin Wrote: »
(07-25-2016, 09:12 PM)Kayriel Wrote: »She's looking for someone on the other side of what? Daesdyne's cave?

If that's the case, maybe her goal is getting to Graveyard Grasslands, so she can meet the Grazing Monstrosity (Lethos, wasn't it?). Weren't they one of the bosses?

Why would she want to visit Lethos though? The way he was talked about by the guardian makes him seem not quite intelligent (He's specifically referred to as a beast and mentioned to be grazing) so it's not likely there'd be anything to gain from talking to him.

EDIT: For reference https://mspfanventures.com/?s=3039&p=2473
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they need to kill/friend boss monsters to open the arena? Maybe she wants to befriend him?
(07-26-2016, 03:55 AM)Maxus Wrote: »Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they need to kill/friend boss monsters to open the arena? Maybe she wants to befriend him?

I'm pretty sure that was how it worked, so I guess that's what she's doing?
=>

[Image: wSgIUaG.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: w7Z0FwG.png]

Show ChatlogShow
>Itamie: suggest asking the guardian for intel on how to navigate the cave
I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c

Or go check LS's very own first fanadventure!

[Image: ZktuORS.png]

You can also see exclusive pics at my Patreon (including stuff for the next fanaventure, also LS based!) or tip me at my Ko-fi~!
(07-26-2016, 06:27 PM)Panur Wrote: »>Itamie: suggest asking the guardian for intel on how to navigate the cave

Brilliant. Why didn't we think of this earlier?
Also ask for any tips on Daesdyne's strengths and weaknesses / how to get that treasure trove of souls without dying.
(07-26-2016, 06:27 PM)Panur Wrote: »>Itamie: suggest asking the guardian for intel on how to navigate the cave
We don't want to go through the cave currently though. Emily has no business in the grasslands.
(07-26-2016, 06:56 PM)Fellow Wrote: »
We don't want to go through the cave currently though. Emily has no business in the grasslands.

Supposedly she does seeing as she wants to get through it. And even then it's something that'd be nice to know.
(07-26-2016, 06:58 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Supposedly she does seeing as she wants to get through it. And even then it's something that'd be nice to know.
Yeah but do we want her to get through it? I don't see any benefit to going there and Emily might get killed by lethos if she does. We shouldn't encourage it. If she is dead set on going through the cave she can ask it in the death valley outpost.
(07-26-2016, 07:07 PM)Fellow Wrote: »
(07-26-2016, 06:58 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Supposedly she does seeing as she wants to get through it. And even then it's something that'd be nice to know.
Yeah but do we want her to get through it? I don't see any benefit to going there and Emily might get killed by lethos if she does. We shouldn't encourage it. If she is dead set on going through the cave she can ask it in the death valley outpost.

they just said they wouldn't go now, but wait for lucia and derrick- that does not mean that, since we are already here, we shouldn't take the chance to find out how to go about it
I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c

You can also see exclusive pics at my Patreon (including stuff for the next fanaventure, also LS based!) or tip me at my Ko-fi~!
I second gathering information on daesdyne
I made a set for misery.*
SpoilerShow
It's called the Black cherry cyanide set.

I made a base for her by editing one of Pan's bases. It's in this spoiler if you want to use it.
SpoilerShow

Recipe:
SpoilerShow

*I am well aware that whatever the reapers wear will be covered by their cloaks.
I third getting info on Daesdyne/the cave it's in.

Man, one of these days I need to sit down and work on some item combos; a lot of these sets I've seen made look really cool!
\(0v0)/
(07-27-2016, 06:00 PM)lovelypenguin Wrote: »I third getting info on Daesdyne/the cave it's in.

Man, one of these days I need to sit down and work on some item combos; a lot of these sets I've seen made look really cool!
Just go draw a set and add the combos as an afterthought. It's what I do.
(07-27-2016, 04:39 PM)Fellow Wrote: »I made a set for misery.*
SpoilerShow
It's called the Black cherry cyanide set.

I made a base for her by editing one of Pan's bases. It's in this spoiler if you want to use it.
SpoilerShow

Recipe:
SpoilerShow

*I am well aware that whatever the reapers wear will be covered by their cloaks.

You're on a roll there Fellow, these outfits seriously keep getting better and better ^^

I mentioned this in the IRC as-well, but i love this outfit! It's like the bastard love-child of Friday the 13th and Baby Metal xD

That being said, i feel like we're forgetting something...

>Emily: Ask the reapers to help you track down Lexii, have her lend you the Nevill's Visage mask, then go to the fort in Derrick's closet and use the chest to make some outfits for the both of you.
(07-27-2016, 07:17 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: ».

>Emily: Ask the reapers to help you track down Lexii, have her lend you the Nevill's Visage mask, then go to the fort in Derrick's closet and use the chest to make some outfits for the both of you.

how would emily explain knowin about the mask? only garry currently knows, and that's because we told him...

(07-27-2016, 09:49 PM)Panur Wrote: »

how would Emily explain knowing about the mask? only Garry currently knows, and that's because we told him...

If the reapers know all Emily has to do is ask if they know of an item that could assist in the pacification of monsters.
(07-27-2016, 09:57 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »
(07-27-2016, 09:49 PM)Panur Wrote: »

how would Emily explain knowing about the mask? only Garry currently knows, and that's because we told him...

If the reapers know all Emily has to do is ask if they know of an item that could assist in the pacification of monsters.

how would they know? have any of them seen lexii since she went loca? right after that the kids went beachapaloozaing...and we know what nevil's mask does, but i don't think even lexii does, i don't remember reggie or anyone who can assess what the item does having had a look at it, did it happen?

On the subject of gear:
I would advise against giving too many people straight-up damage reduction. If everyone has damage reduction, then we will simply be beset by monsters with (a) very high strength, (b) nonstandard damage like Whyss' sound, or © status effects. None of which are unprecedented. Instead, we should have a variety of strategies such that no single technique is likely to be effective against all of them.

Perhaps armor that damages the attacker, such as with spikes, or elemental damage, or a mirror ingredient, etc. Or gear which raises Dexterity instead of temporarily manipulating time. Or that safeguards against non-damage effects of attacks.

*berates self for not speaking up when the topic was raised several pages ago* I think it would be most tactical for Emily, with her damage-fueled abilities, to have HP increasing armor like the +300 Vitality Dark Ice Chestplate rather than damage reduction or healing gear.

More on topic, Emily already knows about Nevil's Facade, but only because we told her, and only as an item which would deter monsters from attacking her. Which doesn't solve the problem of explaining to Lexii. I recall telling Garry of the item's existence back when we suspected it of being a tool for Lil Mal, but I don't remember mentioning it to him again. Not gonna check at this time of night.
Made a set for itamie

SpoilerShow

Here's her base(also made by editing one of pan's):
SpoilerShow

And the recipe:
SpoilerShow
Emily: suggest asking the guardian for intel on how to navigate the cave

[Image: xwc7l43.png]

Show ChatlogShow