Post making contest 4.0

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post making contest 4.0
RE: Post making contest
Did you know if you were to drop a harpsichord and a identically weighted bag of cement off a tall building at the same time the harpischord would not survive the fall.
I did not know that! Thank you for sharing that intriguing pearl of your obviously vast harpsichord knowledge!
Did you know in the famous Agatha Christie novel 'The Moving Finger' the harpsichord of the Burton family is not only a vital clue in solving the murder but ultimately it turns out to be the murder weapon?
Wow! I hadn't realised harpsichords could be so deadly! But then I guess it's a fictional harpsichord, so maybe real ones aren't so dangerous? Give me your expert opinion here Ix - exactly how afraid of harpsichords should I be?
Very afraid. Did you know that harpsichords were responsible for a whopping 72% of the deaths in Flanders, Belgium in the 1300s? During that time they were still figuring out the kinks with the harpsichord design and maybe nowadays it's more refined, less deadly but just think how easy it would be to convert your common household harpsichord into one of these ancient killing machines...
Gosh, 73% - that's almost three quarters! That's a lot of of people to have been killed by harpsichords! I'm now really scared! Ix, I know you say that they've made them less lethal, but is there anything I could do to curb any violent tendencies our own harpsichord may have? Just to set my mind at ease?
Do not expose your harpsichord to bright light, do not get it wet and most importantly do not feed it after midnight.
I generally see "do not place objects on harpsichord." This was related by a sign that had been placed on a harpsichord.
Ix, how does the whole "don't feed after midnight" shebang mesh with non-standard sleep schedules? Asking for a friend.
(07-21-2016, 03:14 AM)Kaynato Wrote: »Have we figured out Rule 1 yet?
Passes rules 2 and 3.
(07-21-2016, 03:39 AM)qwerx3 Wrote: »abcdefghijklm 2
Passes rules 4 and 5.
(07-21-2016, 04:05 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »This is a haiku.
Fremp fremp fremp fremp fremp fremp fremp.
Thank you for your time.
Passes rules 1 and 3.
(07-21-2016, 04:07 AM)qwerx3 Wrote: »Fremp fremp fremp fremp fremp, fremp fremp fremp fremp fremp fremp fremp, fremp fremp fremp fremp fremp.
Passes no rules, though is quite close to 1.
(07-21-2016, 04:29 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »
Passes rule 3.
(07-21-2016, 04:30 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »actually what the fuck is going on in this video
Passes no rules!
(07-21-2016, 04:46 AM)qwerx3 Wrote: »
Seagull.Show
Passes no rules!
(07-21-2016, 05:57 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »Fremp Fremp
Fremp Fremp Fremp Fremp Fremp
Passes no rules, but is close to 1.
(07-21-2016, 05:58 AM)qwerx3 Wrote: »I think once we use the word once the magic is gone :(
Passes no rules!
(07-21-2016, 06:25 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »The magic of fremp can never be extinguished
Passes no rules, and is entirely true. Unfortunately, passing rule 1 isn't magic.
(07-21-2016, 06:52 AM)CrimsonMage Wrote: »???????
Passes rule 3.
(07-21-2016, 07:20 AM)qwerx3 Wrote: »[11:24 AM] Ixcaliber: is crimsonmage a maths?
Passes no rules!
(07-21-2016, 08:26 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »i will uncover the secret post
Passes no rules!
(07-21-2016, 08:39 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »What is a harpsichord?
Passes rule 4.
(07-21-2016, 08:39 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »A harpsichord is a musical instrument played by means of a keyboard. It produces sound by plucking a string when a key is pressed.
Passes no rules!
(07-21-2016, 09:55 AM)Sruixan Wrote: »continued
Passes rules 3 and 4.
(07-21-2016, 09:55 AM)Sruixan Wrote: »It has dawned upon me that Kieros hasn't continued yet
Passes rules 2 and 4.
(07-21-2016, 10:30 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »hi Sruixan

how are you?

how's the weather today?
Passes no rules!
(07-21-2016, 10:46 AM)Sruixan Wrote: »hey Ix

I am doing pretty good, thanks - it's slightly cooler today, too, so that's nice. Tomorrow doesn't look so promising, however...

How are things at your end? Is there still suffering?
Passes no rules!
(07-21-2016, 11:12 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »Earlier I was too cold and had to put a shirt on, but that was potentially because it was night time. Things are pretty okay r/n. Would you like to learn more about harpsichords?
Passes no rules!
(07-21-2016, 11:32 AM)Sruixan Wrote: »Ix I am always up for more harpsichord info. What have you got?
Passes rule 4, and is close to passing 2.
(07-21-2016, 11:47 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »Did you know if you were to drop a harpsichord and a identically weighted bag of cement off a tall building at the same time the harpischord would not survive the fall.
Passes no rules, but is a quite interesting fact.
(07-21-2016, 11:52 AM)Sruixan Wrote: »I did not know that! Thank you for sharing that intriguing pearl of your obviously vast harpsichord knowledge!
Passes rule 4.
(07-21-2016, 11:56 AM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »Did you know in the famous Agatha Christie novel 'The Moving Finger' the harpsichord of the Burton family is not only a vital clue in solving the murder but ultimately it turns out to be the murder weapon?
Passes no rules!
(07-21-2016, 11:58 AM)Sruixan Wrote: »Wow! I hadn't realised harpsichords could be so deadly! But then I guess it's a fictional harpsichord, so maybe real ones aren't so dangerous? Give me your expert opinion here Ix - exactly how afraid of harpsichords should I be?
Passes no rules, but is close to 2.
(07-21-2016, 12:01 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »Very afraid. Did you know that harpsichords were responsible for a whopping 72% of the deaths in Flanders, Belgium in the 1300s? During that time they were still figuring out the kinks with the harpsichord design and maybe nowadays it's more refined, less deadly but just think how easy it would be to convert your common household harpsichord into one of these ancient killing machines...
Passes no rules!
(07-21-2016, 12:08 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »Gosh, 73% - that's almost three quarters! That's a lot of of people to have been killed by harpsichords! I'm now really scared! Ix, I know you say that they've made them less lethal, but is there anything I could do to curb any violent tendencies our own harpsichord may have? Just to set my mind at ease?
Passes no rules, but is close to 2.
(07-21-2016, 12:10 PM)Ixcaliber Wrote: »Do not expose your harpsichord to bright light, do not get it wet and most importantly do not feed it after midnight.
Passes rule 4.
(07-21-2016, 12:59 PM)Kaynato Wrote: »I generally see "do not place objects on harpsichord." This was related by a sign that had been placed on a harpsichord.
Passes rule 4, and is close to 2.
(07-21-2016, 02:30 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »Ix, how does the whole "don't feed after midnight" shebang mesh with non-standard sleep schedules? Asking for a friend.
Passes rule 4.
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
I GOT A 2-4 PASS HELL YES
It has dawned upon me that Kieros hasn't continued yet 3
(07-21-2016, 02:30 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »Ix, how does the whole "don't feed after midnight" shebang mesh with non-standard sleep schedules? Asking for a friend.

An interesting point. I was of course quoting from the standard issue harpsichord manual, but they don't go into a lot of detail about the specifics of how or why. This is a mistake in my opinion, as it assumes regular (2-3 hours a day) harpsichord usage and doesn't prepare the end user for differing scenarios.

As we all know a harpsichord's unique sound is fueled by energy drawn from the aether (harpsichord experts still argue about what exactly this energy is, i tend to agree with Bach's hypothesis that it is the life essence of the universe but this is of course pure speculation). This is of course a very intensive process and as a result harpsichords require a time to recharge. This is usually preset to midnight and lasts approximately six hours. During this time it is impossible to play a harpsichord and as previously stated feeding them is right out. This time can be reset to a more convenient time for those with awkward sleep patterns but it is in of itself an awkward process.

Of course this is all assuming regular harpsichord usage. If you play for longer than 2-3 hours a day you may need to recharge longer or more regularly. If you haven't played your harpsichord in over three months please check your filters before attempting to play; it is possible that that atheric energy has congealed into something dangerous and destructive. If this is the case then please call for a trained harpsichord professional to come and retune your harpsichord.
(07-21-2016, 03:00 PM)Sruixan Wrote: »It has dawned upon me that Kieros hasn't continued yet, aoeu 3
Have we continued out rule 4?
Have we continued out fremp 5?
...and if that's a 2-4-5 pass, then all we'd need is to figure out rule 1 and hope that, by replacing "fremp" with something that complies with rule 1, the format will still conform to the capricious rules 2 and 4...
google, the number
exactly
patient
Hello qwerx. Are you having a good time?
Quite. Really perplexed by rule 1 though.

I'm wonder if it's worth trying to figure out rules 2 and 4.

Or we can troll Kieros with hard-to-grade rule 5 posts. Really, I'm open to anything
I'm hoping to cargo cult rules 2 and 4 myself, so long as we can get the format working and somehow divine rule 1. The idea of an invented word with a clear meaning came back to me once "fremp" passed it, but then the fucking Jabberwocky should have worked.

I am definitely down for trolling, though I'm scared that'll just make Kíeros less willing to aid us slash judge less frequently. On the other hand, if we cause enough of a ruckus...
Dord dord dord dord dord,
That is a word pronounc'd "dord."
Sure sounds like a word.
[Image: VnoRoiT.png]