Change ur name

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Change ur name
RE: Change ur name
I don't think I would ever really want to change my last name. (Frisbee) While my first name is fairly generic, I've always really liked my last name, even if it did result in me hearing some variation of the old "I'm going to toss you around like a Frisbee" joke about a hundred thousand times when I was growing up.

(And for some reason people always acted like they were the first person to ever think of that joke??? Like they expected me to applaud them for their clever wordplay or something? I guess what I'm saying here is that children aren't very creative.)
Okay, I don't think you guys are grasping how truly bad my name is. It's actually, for real, Billy Joe, and not only that, but it's only that because my dad wanted to name me after his favorite TV show character from when he was a kid — a god damn TV show! — AND NOT ONLY THAT, but a character named "BJ," so that was my nickname until 6th grade, when I managed to figure out the impending blowjob jokes before anyone else and preemptively switch to "Will." At least people don't put it together when it's just "William Joseph"?

My name is like an onion, it has layers and it makes me cry.
(10-24-2014, 04:54 AM)Coldblooded Wrote: »(And for some reason people always acted like they were the first person to ever think of that joke??? Like they expected me to applaud them for their clever wordplay or something? I guess what I'm saying here is that children aren't very creative.)

You should just throw your expectations out the window.

Chwoka, we all feel sorry for you.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Oh man, CB, your surname is actually Frisbee? That's fucking awesome.

To make good on Ed's demands, my full name is Manu Somerville. Neither me nor my sisters have middle names, which was a shrewd decision on our parents' part to make our hypothetical documentation in Japan easier (because Japanese doesn't have middle names and (recalling some documentation with my dad's name on it) just assumes you've got a ridiculong first name.

Somerville was the name of some French dude from some French town called Somerville, who helped William the Conqueror invade the British Isles and netted himself some land there. I think my dad's side works out as some vague mix of Irish and Scottish, though - so like I said, West European mongrel predominating Scottish (because they were the main European settlers in Otago/Southland New Zealand).

It's not too hard for Japanese folks to pronounce either - sah-ma-bi-ru is just dandy, although a lot of my official documents have a long dash between ma and bi, making the stress on it more like sah-marbill. Like I said, if I took up permanent residence/citizenship here I'd probably switch over to 松井, my mum's surname (which she kept even after my parents got married).
I know right? Apparently the first thing that my mom did after hearing my dad's name for the first time was to laugh and say "No really, what's your real name?" A good first impression I think.

I only wish that we could have kept both parent's surnames like Ed's family, because then my last name could have been Rasor-Frisbee instead, which sounds like the worst and most dangerous idea for a toy ever.
steven david adames was almos victor adames jr and i theres a lot of reasons why thats good tht didnt happen and i like three bit names so i need to get a new middle name

adames-jose doesnt sound right tho

im also remembering that my grandpa always said that his family got that last name changed on the trip from whatever country their family came in from to the dominican republic, which iirc was an arabic one? adames is from spain i think tho? my family tree is weird and i dont like talking to family about it so i just have whatever i gathered lmao
I motion that we croudsowrce design a new, cool name for C.H.W.O.K.A..
[Image: Xfh2fx9.gif]
So is Loather's first name now hotdog?
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
(10-27-2014, 01:36 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »So is Loather's first name now hotdog?

[Image: no.png]
Sorry, Hotdog. It's too late. The damage has already been done.
razorblade sounds like a badass game it should be a sport
(10-27-2014, 03:39 AM)SeaWyrm Wrote: »Sorry, Hotdog. It's too late. The damage has already been done.

my name isn't hotdog, i dont even like hotdogs that much
their
Loather is now "their" instead of "hotdog"?
Okay, that's cool. Their can change their's name as much as their wants to.
Loatheir
My name was going to be Gwyneth, after my parent's nice old lady ex-neighbour. Instead I was named Harrison, after Harrison Ford.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
This was a good-ass thread.

I want to contribute something else: Mike Wheat said he didn't want to live in the shadow of a ninja turtle, well my brother named his kid Leonardo supposedly only because it sounds cool (it does) but they dress him like a ninja turtle and buy him ninja turtle themed stuff like a cake shaped like Leo's head and stuff so it's obvious he was actually named after a tmnt. Imagine having to live up to such standards of unneeded leadership and double katana mastery. Poor kid.
my name's legally matilda tanwen [lastname] as of a few months ago and im livin the dream
The date is nearing when i will become Sarah Lund. It's probably only about 3-4 weeks away, actually.
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
wait, your name was too common, so you changed it to sarah?
My name is already Sarah :V I'm changing my last name. My current legal name is Sarah Jane Mitchell.
You should change it to Sahara while you're at it
Sierra would fit better; it's what most people hear when i say Sarah with my accent? I have to get Ren to tell the starbucks employees my name over here because they just give me a blank look when i say it :c
You should fake an accent/pronounce it differently for those occasions.

I can't simply say my name like i'd normally do (ed-gahr) when speaking English, nobody understands it. I have to say it like "ed-GUHRRRR" and even then people used to call me Hector or Eduard.

Which was really frustrating because it's not like my name is a very spanish sounding name like Emiliano or something like that.