Lucidstuck I

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucidstuck I
RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over!
>2 because cat waifu is best girl.
all i needa say
I vote >2 provided we do full scans first.

It's not that we're keeping too many monsters alive. We're supposed to. We just also need to keep ourselves safe as well. But even monsters have psychological profiles that can be used in our favor or become to our detriment. As such we need to manipulate them into being helpful to us.

I have a suggestion. Perhaps it's time to fetch Zendo and... re-educate him. Use him to guard the location we're keeping these monsters at.
I'll second scan into >2 assuming nothing shady pops up.
I second >2 with scan as well.
Does really cute mice people, vibrant characters/backgrounds and the most adorable art style you've ever seen interest you? Read Great Haven.

Have you ever wanted to save a bunch of kids from dying horribly in a nightmare dreamscape? Read Lucidstuck
oh god finally caught up

> 2
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
guys, what if one of the monsters is UE in disguise? what if one of them is plotting something? that timothy monster will do something bad if given the chance, i bet. this is too many monsters we are bringing into lucia's house, i think this is a decision we are gonna regret, remember when UE wanted to get into the party diguised as alice?
there's also the danger of a kid dying and them being close would mean game over
also remember ue can command monsters
if we segregate the monsters from the humans, making a "monster zoo", their "loyalty" will decrease, 100% certain

imagine if it was the other way around with undertale, where pacifist is hard and genocide is easy.

we're doing hard mode. all we have to do is not die :D seems easy enough. who needs THREE LIVES i mean that seems cliché and unchallenging
(05-20-2017, 09:18 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »if we segregate the monsters from the humans, making a "monster zoo", their "loyalty" will decrease, 100% certain

imagine if it was the other way around with undertale, where pacifist is hard and genocide is easy.

we're doing hard mode. all we have to do is not die :D seems easy enough. who needs THREE LIVES i mean that seems cliché and unchallenging

Cramming ~20+ people into a single house that has like 5 rooms isn't exactly viable either. It makes sense to build a bunch of houses somewhere more open.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
maybe it's time for derrick to get to know his neighbours. then he can sleep in their houses, assimilating them into the dreamworld

honestly i don't think LOMAM can afford another mortgage crisis. i remember the Death Valley crash of 2008. millions of monsters lost their homes :(
as I said,
(05-17-2017, 05:17 PM)Xoleuph Wrote: »we would risk too much by letting all the monsters through. we can probably explain things this way.
if this raises untrust, we might just want to leave even lethos and just bring clothes.
just say something along the lines of "sorry, this could be really bad for us" and hope they understand with the given reasoning.
noooo i want us to date all the monsters Melonspa
(05-20-2017, 08:58 PM)TerraTorment Wrote: »guys, what if one of the monsters is UE in disguise? what if one of them is plotting something? that timothy monster will do something bad if given the chance, i bet. this is too many monsters we are bringing into lucia's house, i think this is a decision we are gonna regret, remember when UE wanted to get into the party diguised as alice?
there's also the danger of a kid dying and them being close would mean game over

Terra gives a good point in regards to UE disguising himself. Which is why if you want to get all the monsters in the house I still recommend my idea of making two portable BCS doors that interconnect. That way we can get them there WITHOUT giving them access to the fort network.

Other than that, remember that we do have the houses warded now. Any hostile monster in the houses get a triple dose of straight damage over time, fire damage, and poison damage. So pretty much everybody there (except for Lethos) should die in short order, especially once you consider that all 7 of the kids are together right now, many of which with enough damage resistance to no sell anything the monsters can throw at them (again except for Lethos).
(05-20-2017, 08:58 PM)TerraTorment Wrote: »guys, what if one of the monsters is UE in disguise? what if one of them is plotting something? that timothy monster will do something bad if given the chance, i bet. this is too many monsters we are bringing into lucia's house, i think this is a decision we are gonna regret, remember when UE wanted to get into the party diguised as alice?

UE exists to make us paranoid. While it is something for us to watch out for and plan for, and paranoia is REQUIRED and good. Having too much will prevent us from being able to do anything other than bunker down and wait for the heat death of the Construct. Every time we leave safety we are risking some trouble from the UE. We just need to be as ready as we are capable of being and trust that with preparation, we can head off any ploys.

Otherwise we're admitting we've already lost, which would be terrible especially if the UE hasn't shown up again ever since that last time.
Derrick: request a full scan on all of the monsters

[Image: csUmxCM.png]

Derrick allows Reggie to scan everyone. DT and Kalem instinctively join in.

Show ChatlogShow
> Derrick: Give Garry the look. hopefully he can suggests some way to be polite and bring them along yet not allow a bunch of potential angerable monsters into forts/houses
I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c

Or go check LS's very own first fanadventure!

[Image: ZktuORS.png]

You can also see exclusive pics at my Patreon (including stuff for the next fanaventure, also LS based!) or tip me at my Ko-fi~!
Miho's got pretty low loyalty, and her dex stat is troublesome. I don't like the idea of letting her into the forts.

(05-23-2017, 03:46 PM)Panur Wrote: »> Derrick: Give Garry the look. hopefully he can suggests some way to be polite and bring them along yet not allow a bunch of potential angerable monsters into forts/houses
How would we bring the monsters with us, to one of the houses, and not allow them in there?
i believe miho's loyalty will go up if we keep her with anansi. we also have to keep timothy or else ahn's loyalty meter will drop.

(05-23-2017, 04:13 PM)Fellow Wrote: »
(05-23-2017, 03:46 PM)Panur Wrote: »> Derrick: Give Garry the look. hopefully he can suggests some way to be polite and bring them along yet not allow a bunch of potential angerable monsters into forts/houses
How would we bring the monsters with us, to one of the houses, and not allow them in there?

i think panur means not in the party. obviously they can find a way of letting them be in the houses without accessing the fort networks.
(05-23-2017, 04:15 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »i believe miho's loyalty will go up if we keep her with anansi. we also have to keep timothy or else ahn's loyalty meter will drop.

I'm not worried about timothy. The reapers can kill him real quick so long as we keep him away from our items.

Edit: I guess we could take Anansi hostage in the event that Miho betrays us?
>Derrick: Ask Lucia to get two sheets and draw connected BCS doors on each one, then leave one at the destination and bring the other one back here. That way you could get everybody there without requiring them to go through the fort network, and it'll also be handy for later similar occasions. Offer everybody some refreshing Orange Juice while they wait.

Pan: We could always politely warn them beforehand that people who are inside with hostile intentions will trigger the houses defense systems and promptly be killed by them. It's entirely true, and also encourages them to be on their best behavior. Plus it's better to let people know that kinda stuff beforehand.
(05-23-2017, 04:13 PM)Fellow Wrote: »Miho's got pretty low loyalty, and her dex stat is troublesome. I don't like the idea of letting her into the forts.
Keep in mind that her loyalty is still higher than lethos' and all we did was talk to her, while we helped lethos change into a better form. Assuming we treat them like decent people and bring them along, itll probably shoot up for both of them pretty quickly.

My votes still on being them all along. Or atleast cat waifu.
>Lucia: swap out your conjured bullet so it shoots portals that connect two places and can be closed on command
unlike mA's plan, this doesnt take our limited bcs and is quicker
(05-23-2017, 05:41 PM)TerraTorment Wrote: »>Lucia: swap out your conjured bullet so it shoots portals that connect two places and can be closed on command
unlike mA's plan, this doesnt take our limited bcs and is quicker

so basically a portal gun, except it can make portals on any surface instead of only moon rock.
sounds like a good plan, seconding.
seconding portal 2 plan
(05-23-2017, 05:14 PM)facethelight Wrote: »
(05-23-2017, 04:13 PM)Fellow Wrote: »Miho's got pretty low loyalty, and her dex stat is troublesome. I don't like the idea of letting her into the forts.
Keep in mind that her loyalty is still higher than lethos' and all we did was talk to her, while we helped lethos change into a better form. Assuming we treat them like decent people and bring them along, itll probably shoot up for both of them pretty quickly.

My votes still on being them all along. Or atleast cat waifu.

Lethos is also more intelligent than the lot of them combined. Which means she's cautious about plans within plans and such. We're going to have to work to earn her trust, and not in the 'monsters only understand this much' kinda way we have been doing. We need to treat her like trying to win over another player. She will see through most ruses.

... If she can read minds, can she hear us when a Guardian receives our messages/commands? If we talked to Gary or Alice right now, would Lethos pick up on it?

Also, seconding Panur. I want to bring them with us, but not give them fort access.

Also-also, I don't think getting rid of Timothy would lower Ahn's loyalty. She only latched onto him because she was alone then. Now that we know Ahn's loyal and friendly, we should probably try and keep her with us or keep a Reaper with her so she's not lonely and doesn't latch onto another mostly-hostile monster or an enemy.
on another note, lets think about the rest of the info we have. particularly item drops and forms.
item drops seem rather self-explanatory for most of them. ahn and anasi drop part of their apparel. but we do not know about the item lethos has. if it is anything like timothys weapon, I would like to see it. considering it would be the drop from a lvl 95 boss monster, I bet it would be one hell of a weapon.
on forms, I think mihos second form is likely just a more feral one. ahn intrigues me, as her early interactions with us left me a bit... wary. it would be good to know if both can freely change to their secondary forms or would need to be forced like poison girl (was it mephisto? I dont recall). does changing forms change their behavior? if so, that could be very dangerous, especially if they can freely change.
so I got two commands:
>Garreth: ask Lethos nicely if you could look at the dark teal fork
>Emily: ask Ahn and Miho about their second forms