Lucidstuck I

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucidstuck I
RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over!
(05-15-2017, 09:17 AM)Fellow Wrote: »The first level of technical weapon gives a rather useless fist upgrade but that doesn't mean all of the other levels are gonna be fist upgrades. The reason behind buying the first technical weapon power is to unlock its second level upgrade.
the second level will likely have a similar function.
too much of a risk in my eyes.

(05-15-2017, 09:17 AM)Fellow Wrote: »For hard coded programs, perhaps we could give Hermes a targeting program to help deal with fast monsters, like Asane?
oh my god I got it. a radar.
just like in a lot of videogames, you tend to have some sort of "radar" that shows you all enemies surrounding you in a certain radius.
that would be perfect.
Radar/Tracking sounds really useful, let's get that.

Also can we just put every clothing suggestion for Lethos on at once because they're all fantastic.
Does really cute mice people, vibrant characters/backgrounds and the most adorable art style you've ever seen interest you? Read Great Haven.

Have you ever wanted to save a bunch of kids from dying horribly in a nightmare dreamscape? Read Lucidstuck
(05-15-2017, 12:35 PM)Xoleuph Wrote: »the second level will likely have a similar function.
too much of a risk in my eyes.
The offensive program already increases flat damage for everything. It would make sense for the technical weapon skill to do something more unique.

(05-15-2017, 12:35 PM)Xoleuph Wrote: »oh my god I got it. a radar.
just like in a lot of videogames, you tend to have some sort of "radar" that shows you all enemies surrounding you in a certain radius.
that would be perfect.
While it would be useful, that's kind of a better version of what Ira does with sensing. I'm not sure we could take over one of her skills like that.
(05-15-2017, 01:29 PM)Fellow Wrote: »While it would be useful, that's kind of a better version of what Ira does with sensing. I'm not sure we could take over one of her skills like that.
it doesnt have to be one of her skills, there are many ways to accomplish something similar in a completely different way.
instead of relying on magic(?) like ira we can use technobabble to explain away how it works.
some radar, infrared, motion sensors, scent sensors, electric field sensors and a good helping of unobtainium should do the trick.
(05-15-2017, 01:42 PM)Xoleuph Wrote: »
(05-15-2017, 01:29 PM)Fellow Wrote: »While it would be useful, that's kind of a better version of what Ira does with sensing. I'm not sure we could take over one of her skills like that.
it doesnt have to be one of her skills, there are many ways to accomplish something similar in a completely different way.
instead of relying on magic(?) like ira we can use technobabble to explain away how it works.
I mean it'd have the same function, even if it's explained differently. A program that, let's say, lets Hermes and others travel between dream levels could also be useful but we'd be taking over stuff from Emily and Ira.
I'm not sure what the problem is with redundancy? I mean, when you need to split the party or someone is MIA why not have some of one person's skills available to someone else to mitigate the loss of advantage?
(05-15-2017, 01:54 PM)Xindaris Wrote: »I'm not sure what the problem is with redundancy? I mean, when you need to split the party or someone is MIA why not have some skills available to someone else?
Oh no, I'm not saying redundancy is bad, it's just that I'm not sure it'll be allowed. I know the item combination box was an exception to a thing where items wouldn't replace people's powers, and I figure it might be the same thing here.
(05-15-2017, 01:48 PM)Fellow Wrote: »I mean it'd have the same function, even if it's explained differently. A program that, let's say, lets Hermes and others travel between dream levels could also be useful but we'd be taking over stuff from Emily and Ira.

on the ability, as far as I understand, iras sensing is rather vague, more of an on/off alarm thing instead of a detailed location ability. I want something more like a minimap with red dots from hermes. but one thing ira can that we probably cant replicate is her threat level gauging, which seems to be more of an inherent ability. same with her travel abilities.
this is why I specifically said radar and not enemy sensing ability.
I'm pretty sure if we want a radar we could just make one and attach it to Hermes. Otherwise it's not worth spending a level on since both Lexii and Lucia have skills that make them able to scout ahead if we think something is suspicious.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
lethos outfit, now with sparkles
SpoilerShow
I made an outfit on pan's base.

SpoilerShow
Lexii: 1 point each into battery life, technical weapon, and strategy program. Then decide where to put the last option after seeing what the second versions of technical weapon and strategy program are

[Image: pOcah1U.png]

Show ChatlogShow
(05-16-2017, 01:14 AM)TerraTorment Wrote: »>Lexii: program SFX
SpoilerShow

Sounds too overpowered.
Does really cute mice people, vibrant characters/backgrounds and the most adorable art style you've ever seen interest you? Read Great Haven.

Have you ever wanted to save a bunch of kids from dying horribly in a nightmare dreamscape? Read Lucidstuck
>Lexii: strategy program 2
> Strategy 2

Seems like the best pick. Guaranteed hits would be nice against really evasive foes and could have some good synergy.
(05-16-2017, 01:48 AM)TerraTorment Wrote: »>Lexii: strategy program 2

Seconding.

A guaranteed hit is super useful against high dex enemies, even if it's got some fail conditions and a setup time.
>Strategy program.
>Miho: break out a sweat

Hitting things we want to hit is great.

Edit:
Also, Kalem's thing relies on hitting monsters in the right place, so this has synergy.
Lexii: Strategy program 2

[Image: 4i1NuSn.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: NxSW0fa.png]

Show ChatlogShow

1. Sorry, Lethos only.
2. As long as you're on your best behaviour.
3. Miho and Anansi, not Ahn or Timothy.
>1

this is why we need a monster zoo, we are keeping too many monsters alive, don't want them near our home too, am i the only one getting paranoid over this?
Bet Y'all wish you had a teleporting item right now, don't you? Luckily, there's a workaround.

>4: Lucia: get some BCS, and two sheets or boards. Draw doors with the BCS that connect between the sheets and boards, leave one at your destination and bring the other back here. Let everybody be spared the corner of the fort.

iP: Any chance we can have the three realm attendants look at everybody while that's going on?

Anyways, this lets us get monsters to places we want, without giving them fort access. It's a long term solution! I've thought of this since the last time we went into Daesdyne's cave, and this is as good a time to do it as any.
We don't know if any of these guys are the UE. We were warned about that before, weren't we?
>1
Also this is entierly too many monsters to keep near someone's bed.
Option 3 doesn't make much sense. Ahn's helped us out and Miho's attempted to kill us. We'd be better off taking Ahn and Timothy with us rather than Miho and Anansi. Sure, Timothy is openly hostile but he's unarmed and doesn't have Zendo-tier speed.
> 2, but warn them that until you're absolutely certain they don't mean harm everybody will be on high alert. That includes Alice.

I don't want potential friends to be pissed off at us.

A good idea before we decide.

> Tier 3 scan all the monsters.
(05-17-2017, 05:00 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »A good idea before we decide.

seconding, make sure you use dt's allegiance read, also, i still think we shouldnt bring them along, too many monsters, if someone dies any of them could possess. i dont think it's rude to say no to a bunch of people who want to enter your house uninvited
(05-17-2017, 05:04 PM)TerraTorment Wrote: »
(05-17-2017, 05:00 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »A good idea before we decide.

seconding, make sure you use dt's allegiance read, also, i still think we shouldnt bring them along, too many monsters, if someone dies any of them could possess. i dont think it's rude to say no to a bunch of people who want to enter your house uninvited
yep. time to scan everyone.
and I vote for 1 until the scan is done. we would risk too much by letting all the monsters through. we can probably explain things this way.
if this raises untrust, we might just want to leave even lethos and just bring clothes.