This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff

This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
Well, his last one was about physics.

hm. Maybe it will be about something more germane?

Or maybe he'll just throw himself out a window at the end of Homestuck.
hmm, as Wheat notes, his opinions certainly changed into doing something that was marketable, so the question to ask is will he do the same when he ends Homestuck?

ASFIK, Most of the people stayed on for Homestuck after Problem Sleuth because it started off with the same mystery and openess, before it spiraled into what it is now. If most people are currently here for trolls and the character interactions or whatever the fuck is exclusive to Homestuck and wouldn't be in his next adventure, I would guess that they'd leave shortly after it starts, although I would imagine that a lot of people would go and learn about Homestuck and be all "oh it ended, ill read it" so numbers in between it ending and the next thing starting will be weird.

I don't really know if I enjoy it, it certainly impresses me and I like it enough to read, but reading it page by page nowadays isn't as entertaining as reading reactions and drama on tumblr. The only things I know that I like are the flash movies. I like the new kids mostly because right now they don't have stupid baggage and also because it is just hilarious how they are being interpreted.

I don't really like talking about Homestuck. I'm going to change my avatar to another cucumber.
I think that whatever he makes next, there'll be a huge group of people who say that Homestuck is better and haven't even read the new thing past as far as you need to go to figure out that it's not Homestuck 2

(I love Homestuck and Problem Sleuth)
And i bet there will be another large group of people who say the new thing is just as great in it's own unnecessarily convoluted way, turns out people like to identify themselves with groups of other people! Crazy!

Also what are you talking about? Homestuck ending? That shit will go on forever. At least it will... deep in my head canon

I don't like talking about homestuck either.

We can talk about Dr. McNinja though. I haven't been motivated to do much lately so i just read the entirety of it, it's pretty cool.

I should read gunnerkrigg court now... or H!AV.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Ed, you read Hark! A Vagrant. You read it right now, young man.
also read gunnerkrigg court
Not to sound like a butthurt fan who dramatically never left the fandom© but why even bring it up?
It was Wheat who brought it up, not Ed, and his degree of comfortableness in talking about the subject has yet to be ascertained because he hasn't mentioned how much he does or does not like talking about what he probably inadvertently caused everyone to talk about yet
I know it was.
Well now I am somewhat confused as to why you would ask that question ("Why did you bring up the topic?") when you already knew the answer ("I didn't, it was Wheat").
I blame Anomaly.
Are we talking about good webcomics now?

Beep Beep
It is hard for me to talk about webcomics because everything is lame in comparison with eegra's hilarity comics.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
(01-14-2012, 06:24 AM)Ed Wrote: »It is hard for me to talk about webcomics because everything is lame in comparison with eegra's hilarity comics.

Oh so that is where the Lord Mario came from.
Cool!
I'm just going to casually link Cucumber Quest and Monster Pulse.

And Wheat, I thought it was funny.

edit:nah nevermind
I like this and so does angrypencil. I also like this because I am a bad person.
(01-14-2012, 07:37 AM)Wheat Wrote: »"oh my god why does this keep happening this is just too much"

IT KEEPS HAPENING :D :D :slime: :<3:
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
(01-15-2012, 02:04 AM)Woffles Wrote: »
(01-14-2012, 07:37 AM)Wheat Wrote: »"oh my god why does this keep happening this is just too much"

IT KEEPS HAPENING :D :D :slime: :<3:

haha how HIGH do you ev en have to BE (to quote homestuck to a guy whose making a point about homestuck's bad)
I think it's just Schadenfreude for Not-Jerks?

In unrelated news because holy shit I only just noticed but BEATRICE HAD BABIES :O

I am now doing my research to figure out if I have to let them all out before she eats them, or if there's some parental care invested or what.
(01-16-2012, 01:49 AM)Wheat Wrote: »Believe me the first thing I thought of instead of "a friend on stilts continuing to fall" was "watching your grandmother falling down an infinite flight of stairs" and as soon as I wrote "keep happening" I had to change it

While that whole penny arcade thread was funny and SBaHJ still has its moments of 1990s clip-art aesthetic charm, homestuck itself doesn't earn any laughs when it tries to lean on it for humor with huge stretches like "I warned the seer not to look. I told her about stares" It's like going hey remember that joke I made once? You've heard it, and I know of it, and I'm reminding you about it right now by slightly changing the context! Isn't this a special relationship we share, both sharing knowledge of an esoteric piece of culture together?

(Come to think of it, referential humor is one step away from a pun in humor since they both require common knowledge with a changed context; however, referential humor's common knowledge is esoteric in nature so it's even less flexible and makes smart people go "heh I get it." In latin terms, this humor fallacy is known as Reductio Ad Smuggo.)

Y'see, this is why absurdity is the only valid comedy technique.

but I like puns

also god damn how can anyone be quoting Wheat when presented with the opportunity to talk about spider babies, I am disappointed
America's funniest home videos.

On one level you feel bad for the people in the montage of crotch shots even though you laugh at it. On another level you feel bad for the guy who has to narrate the crotch shot montage, but you are so glad that isn't you. Then again I suppose they feel bad for you, because you're watching America's funniest home videos.

Wait did I confuse guilt with pity?
(01-16-2012, 09:31 AM)Schazer Wrote: »BEATRICE HAD BABIES :O

I am now doing my research to figure out if I have to let them all out before she eats them, or if there's some parental care invested or what.

This would be a great quote with absolutely zero context.
Beep Beep
Is beatrice a parakeet? If so then yes you should move them because once she needs to lay more eggs she will not hesitate to kill the young'uns.

That was a bad year for our pets.
Beatrice is a spider.

Either that or my mother somehow got pregnant and I didn't notice.
Result after a night's sleep: Jury's still out. I chucked a big fat moth in there last night, and I don't see any spiderlings on it - they're all staying on one side of the jar out of Bea's way. I thiiink they might be wanting to get out, but I'll see the state of affairs when I get home today.

THE INTERNET says that they may provide parental care and work together to catch food, but that's not a guarantee because I haven't found anything about Beatrice's genus.