Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucidstuck I
RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over!
Derrick and Lucia: Look around for the mystery foe

[Image: l8B03YD.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: eWVcGUT.png]

A mysterious figure swings a black sword at Alice, she catches the blade receiving 0 damage!

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: PODKuXT.png]

As quick as it came, the mysterious figure absconds, but not before leaving three projectiles headed straight for Alice!

[Image: hLJE42g.png]

Alice effortlessly moves out of the way just enough to avoid all three projectiles! Miss!

[Image: 1cDxEXj.png]

Show ChatlogShow
>With Anansi's Int of 10, I think it safe to unbind her mouth with a ranged ability and open communications.

Edit: Last (and only) time we tried observing Alice's stats we got a bunch of ?s. High Dex confirmed.
>Derrick and Lucia: You could use your gloves to build some barriers around you to prevent another sneak attack or ranged attack like that from happening again. Heck, Ira might be able to Shadow Shape Lucia's gloves to make them more effective at that.

Aside from that we've got options like expanding our lookout/sensory area with summoned monsters, using the bag of pipes like previously discussed, or using the scotsman's wail kinda like a flamethrower in the area that we think she is. I'd still like to keep her alive though, on the grounds that even if we don't keep her around exquisite souls are better than regular souls.
SpoilerShow
O.O
It's times like these that one wonders who the real monsters are.

(i know it's her quick-travel scarf that lets her do that, i'm just cracking jokes! ^^)
>Derrick: tell alice and lucia to stay alert for that ugly monster, free anansi and ask her for info on it
>Have DT search for the monster with his clones.
>Lucia: Lay a snare in case the monster sneaks up on you again.
Reminder that we still haven't cleared Anansi of involvement in this, and that her being in the cage is for her protection as well. Because I forgot to mention her in my last post.
Derrick: Tell Alice and Lucia to stay alert for that ugly monster, free anansi and ask her for info on it

[Image: RazdHyq.png]

You lower the earth enclosure and then Anansi seemingly freed, jumps down.

Show ChatlogShow

Seems Anansi wasn't much help in the matter.
> Derrick: Tell Anansi about Ahn. If she's scared to be alone, she may be interested on meeting her and Timmy.

> Lucia: have ira turn into flimsy and shapeshift into copies of several team members, then spread them around to act as scouts/decoys.
I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c

Or go check LS's very own first fanadventure!

[Image: ZktuORS.png]

You can also see exclusive pics at my Patreon (including stuff for the next fanaventure, also LS based!) or tip me at my Ko-fi~!
> Set up the Persona Display somewhere it'd be hard to get at.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
She is clearly a recent arrival to the Dream World. She does not appear to be yet compromised by the madness of unending time, fading memories, her changing body, and the influence of the UE.
>Ask about her past, in particular before she arrived in this world.
Edit: Additionally seconding Panur.
>Derrick: Ask Anansi about herself. She's apparently got a higher than average level of loyalty, so if Ira says she's legit you could take her back to the group. You could also see if she'd be willing or able to help you out with the monster that's attacking you all, maybe in exchange for something.

Anansi is actually incredibly adorable so far. Which only further convinces me there's a chance she can horribly kill us all.

I wanna get more information on Anansi still, because we still don't have as much as we could. She has sticky web things, which might mean she has an ability that would be helpful against a speedy/stealth type like the cat attacking us. If we could lay some sort of trap that would immobilize her that'd be pretty awesome.
>Lucia: Summon Flimsy and have it scout the area, possibly create an illussion like the one in forgotten forest to keep that monster away while you install the gear, make sure it doesnt impede the others from getting to you.
>Lucia: Shadow-shape the gloves to get access to black majjyks
(03-27-2017, 04:39 PM)Panur Wrote: »> Derrick: Tell Anansi about Ahn. If she's scared to be alone, she may be interested on meeting her and Timmy.
Do we really want to add members to Ahn's monster entourage? Anansi is cute and all but I believe it might be in our best intrests to convince her to let Emily kill her.

(03-27-2017, 04:59 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »If we could lay some sort of trap that would immobilize her that'd be pretty awesome.
Lucia's snares via Vorrus should be able to do this already, and Iris is a mobile snare. If we can get the monster where we want her to go, Lucia can immobilise her.
Derrick: Ask Anansi about herself. She's apparently got a higher than average level of loyalty, so if Ira says she's legit you could take her back to the group. You could also see if she'd be willing or able to help you out with the monster that's attacking you all, maybe in exchange for something

[Image: isJJgFo.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: OF6w1aD.png]

Show ChatlogShow
Wow, IP's really spoiling us with so many awesome updates ^_^
>Derrick: You could try to call out the one attacking you, and ask why they're doing what they're doing. Listen closely to your surroundings as you do so. Hopefully you can start a dialogue that leads to more peaceful interaction, but worst case you could hear where they are or find a clue to their location.

Figure we'll start off with this, and if she gets hostile we lock her down with one of our various abilities or weapons. She'll be much easier to deal with in a confrontation if her speed/stealth isn't as much of a concern.

(03-27-2017, 08:07 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »Wow, IP's really spoiling us with so many awesome updates ^_^

Right? iP is on fire with these updates!
> Derick: talk with lucia about turning the flimsies intro Reggies so they may do some aerial scouting
I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c

Or go check LS's very own first fanadventure!

[Image: ZktuORS.png]

You can also see exclusive pics at my Patreon (including stuff for the next fanaventure, also LS based!) or tip me at my Ko-fi~!
(03-27-2017, 08:23 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »>Derrick: You could try to call out the one attacking you, and ask why they're doing what they're doing. Listen closely to your surroundings as you do so. Hopefully you can start a dialogue that leads to more peaceful interaction, but worst case you could hear where they are or find a clue to their location.

Figure we'll start off with this, and if she gets hostile we lock her down with one of our various abilities or weapons. She'll be much easier to deal with in a confrontation if her speed/stealth isn't as much of a concern.

i don't recommend doing this, it clashes with my idea of using the scouts to locate the monsters, also, remember what happened last time we called out a monster?
(03-27-2017, 09:31 PM)TerraTorment Wrote: »
(03-27-2017, 08:23 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »>Derrick: You could try to call out the one attacking you, and ask why they're doing what they're doing. Listen closely to your surroundings as you do so. Hopefully you can start a dialogue that leads to more peaceful interaction, but worst case you could hear where they are or find a clue to their location.

i don't recommend doing this, it clashes with my idea of using the scouts to locate the monsters, also, remember what happened last time we called out a monster?

Wouldn't this help scouting, since if she responds it'll give the scouts something to find? At worst it'll be exactly the same as scouting normally, since they're literally just talking and not stopping the scouting.

A big difference this time is that we're not gonna just talk, and we have tools to actually hold her down. Also, in that comparison Derrick went ballistic on Zendo, so I'm actually pretty okay with that happening again.

If you still think it'll stop or hinder your scouting, could you please explain to me why? Because I don't see it.
(03-27-2017, 09:49 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »Wouldn't this help scouting, since if she responds it'll give the scouts something to find? At worst it'll be exactly the same as scouting normally, since they're literally just talking and not stopping the scouting.

A big difference this time is that we're not gonna just talk, and we have tools to actually hold her down. Also, in that comparison Derrick went ballistic on Zendo, so I'm actually pretty okay with that happening again.

If you still think it'll stop or hinder your scouting, could you please explain to me why? Because I don't see it.

i have several arguments against this

1) we no longer have alice sue to stave off cat monster, she went with anansi to the others, id rather not confront the monster directly until the others come back, maybe we should contact them

2) Garry has advised against maxing derrick's fear before he's ready, doing that before time is risking something bad to happen, (nightmare irreversibly possesing derrick?)
Would it maybe be possible to use the Earth powers of the Elemental Gauntlet to feel vibrations in the ground, and get a sense of the Enemy's location? Or the Air powers to do the same thing but...well, in the air.
Derrick: talk with Lucia about turning the flimsies intro Reggies so they may do some aerial scouting

[Image: uXKYe4r.png]

Alice and DT lead Anansi towards the others.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: JwLQncI.png]

Show ChatlogShow
No one in eleven hours? Really? Wow.
...are you all on the Discord server?

>Derrick and Lucia: Stay wary of course, but proceed with setting up the projection equipment.