[6/7] Something Awesome [1.3 - Redwatch] [Slot Open - Accepting Entries]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[6/7] Something Awesome [1.3 - Redwatch] [Slot Open - Accepting Entries]
RE: [8/8] Something Awesome [1.1 - Silver Hills]
(05-31-2013, 01:58 AM)Schazer Wrote: »"Asumi? Hey. Remember those cables you wanted? Dongles? Ok, I've got nothing. I was wondering if you'd finished your latest audio-visual side project, because I need a distraction in a couple of hours. Don't worry, I've got a crew together to assemble things on such short notice. Are you game?

Also, remind me who's got control over the cameras out by, saaaay, the old Chem labs. I've got a project that needs to go unnoticed, and you're my inside lady for this kind of business."

"Project isn't quite done yet. I could always find some way to make a brief distraction.

In fact, I could also shut down those cameras briefly. Not too long, or administration would notice. If you're gonna do what I think you're gonna do, I'd do it now before it got too late. It's lunchtime and everyone's distracted."
[Image: c48AoKl.png?1]
I make game: site | itch
Otto tells Asumi to hang on a tic, makes sure his frogs are all secure, then grins "Alright, go for it. If you can issue me a warning for when the cameras are coming back online, just yell it out over the PA. But, like, add two minutes? That way there's less chance of it being correlated. Less clean-up for the both of us later."
(05-31-2013, 02:15 AM)Schazer Wrote: »"Alright, go for it. If you can issue me a warning for when the cameras are coming back online, just yell it out over the PA. But, like, add two minutes? That way there's less chance of it being correlated. Less clean-up for the both of us later."

"Okay. Give me just a moment. Cameras should be offline in just a moment. I'll get the distraction going as soon as possible."
"Hmm... I have an idea actually."

Lawrence turns around the corner to head into the nearby bathroom. He enters, and making sure nobody's around walks up to a smoke detector. Creating a small fire on his thumb, he holds it up until the alarms start.
"Ahem."

Arthur drums his fingers on the principle's desk, he hates awkward silences like this.

Arthur has a very tight schedule, does he fail to realise that there are only so many acts of good a single man can do in short time he has? He is such a busy man, doing so much good for the settlement here, just how many virgin sacrifices had to be made to dragons since Arthur showed up? Zero, thats how many. Just shows how dedicated he is.
Lawrence successfully produces a small flame on his thumb. The flame is a little tinier than anticipated, but the smoke it creates does exactly its intended job.

In a moment, the entire school's fire alarm system springs to life. A sharp, piercing echo reverberates through the halls. A mere moment after it begins, however, the power cuts out and a loud blast is heard. A second later, most of the lights flicker back on.

King Arthur calls for the attention of the principal, who is about to respond. The power cycle occurs, however, and he turns to the intercom system.

"Attention, students and faculty of Silver Hills," he begins. "It appears the generators for this school have just unexpectedly cycled out of control. They seem fine for now, but we're sending our maintenance staff down immediately to rectify the problem. Please stay in your classes, in the lunchroom, or outside. If you are not in one of these places, head to a safe spot immediately. We cannot guarantee safety during this issue.

Thank you for your patience."

Nate Selman, still stuck in the lunchroom, finds this to be an opportune moment to sneak away.

Perhaps now would be a good time to make way up to the Chemistry labs?
Additionaly, sdegenko has informed me he is unable to keep playing. I'll inform you guys if I decide to open the 8th spot up, and when I do, I may take character applications again.
RE: [7/7] Something Awesome [1.1 - Silver Hills]
Looks like the janitor had the same idea. A little less discrete... but it would do. Lawrence heads back out.

"Alright Oren," he starts, "I'll head there and make sure nobody's going to hang around there and cause any problems. Get Otto, take the kids if you feel this won't be too dangerous for them, and I'll meet you there."
Lawrence, on his way to the chemistry room, nearly brushes right by Nate. He turns to the student and smiles.

"Yes, I had just asked them to get to class, you should too. Why don't you accompany them Mr. Selman? I need to check the halls for more idle students and Mr. Ashford is needed by the generators in case of emergency."

He begins to start walking again.

"Also, Mr. Selman, I'm surprised 'chumps' was the best name you could come up with right then. Anyways, I'll see the three of you in class later."
Otto shoots his fingers at nobody in particular, considering the line just went dead. He then heads off at one heck of a hurtle for the Chemistry labs, clutching frogs and hat and his cleaning cart like some kind of speed demon.
Otto and Lawrence make their way to the Chemistry labs.

In the Chemistry wing, it's easy to tell where the old school once was - a dramatic change in floor and wall color indicates one has crossed over to a former portion of the school. Past the news labs and to the old rooms, a few on the fringe are still utilized.

One room, however, is locked and boarded up. A rather blatant warning message is posted on the door:

WARNING
UNSAFE GROUNDS

NO ENTRY FOR STUDENTS/FACULTY
-ADMINISTRATION

The perfect place for a little visit.
Melinda winces as the noise of the fire alarm assaults her ears. But before she can shout some obscenity or another, it stops. "What was that all about?" she says, looking around the library as though it would present some clue. Considering the two teachers ran off without letting her in on the plan, she turns to Donovan and grins. "We gotta check out the generators."
Donovan glances up at the alarm in the library. "Probably a drill. Or..." He cracks a small smile. It was the distraction they needed. Two of the teachers left and since Oren was talking to Mr. Beedle earlier, who was one of the teachers that left, Donovan knew that this was their chance. "I suppose that checking the generators would be a good thing to do, but I've got a better idea." He motions at Melinda to follow him. "C'mon, we're going to the chemistry labs."
"You sure?" Melinda says. "Whoever busted the generators might still be in the area. We could catch them if we headed there now." Sure, she's curious about the chemistry labs too -- way too many rumors floating around that place -- but as far as she's concerned, there are more pressing matters to attend to.
Otto does the sensible thing and looks for frogs. He then tries all of his keys in the Forbidden Door, just in case the faculty were that stupid.
Faint ribbiting is heard from within the sealed-off chemistry laboratory.

None of your keys work on the door. The lock looks a little aged as well.
Oren sprints by the two kids still in the library. "Not yet we ain't going to the chem labs! Nurse's office! I gotta get me something!"

He runs full-tilt to his office, pardoning himself from Larry and ignoring that Selman chucklehead, and shoulders the door open.

Hello, sweetie.
Oren pulls his shotgun off the wall and zips it into his bug-out bag. He fills most of its pockets with ammo, then reaches hesitantly for the RPG magazine. He pauses, considers, then grabs it and gingerly sticks it in there too. Might as well.

He powers back out of the office, meeting the kids halfway there, and he (with whoever wants to come) makes it to the chemlab door without hell and high water coming down on them. Somehow. Unless you count that Nate kid. "Okay! Okay. That worked. Okay. Hoof." He takes his hat off and bends over a little. Not as young as we thought we were, are we, Ashford?

He straightens, takes a breath, and starts unwinding the scraps from his arm. "All of you, tie one of these things on yourself somewhere. Izzat the door? How do we open that?"
let's post righteously & having good times /// check out The Book of the Courtier /// ensure proper vegetable consumption /// also check out The Blade and the Cycle /// post it up!!
Donovan thinks it over, and turns to Melinda when Oren comes and distracts him. He blinks a few times before going on with his sentence. "Alright. Let's go." He glances over at Oren. "We'll meet you there in a little while, we're going to go check out the generators."
((Hey, controlling other people's characters is an RP-ing no-no, think we could try that again?))
SpoilerShow

Lawrence tries his SCIENCE keys. ((Better RPing when I'm at a computer))
Otto ties it round his finger, then draws a little face on his fingertip.

"Heehee, it's a mummy!"

Otto then does the second obvious thing and pulls out a crowbar from the depths of his cleaning cart, and breaks the lock.
SpoilerShow

"Damn right we are!" Melinda cheers before grabbing Donovan's arm and running in a headlong sprint out of the library, dragging her new friend along for the ride. Only when she reaches the hallway does she realize that she actually has no idea where she's going, and reluctantly, she slows to a stop. "Okay, where are the generators again?"
SpoilerShow

"Ah... why do we need these Oren? Also let me try my keys first Otto, we don't want people knowing we've broken in so obviously, especially if something is being hidden from us. If it doesn't work, I also have another idea to get rid of that lock, but I admit it's only slightly less subtle then the crowbar..."
"Hmm. I will take my leave now."

Arthur just stares the Principle down, then turns around and leaves, he has no time for this. He is going to head to source of the information, the scene of the crime. He runs off to the chemical lab where it all went down, Arthur is on to something here and by God he is going to get to the bottom of it.

Students and Staff see a knight barreling through the halls, bowling over anyone who gets in his path and stopping for nothing. It is not too long before there is a distinct clanking sound heard around the Chemistry Labs, followed by the King speeding around a corner into view and shouting.

"Out of the way!"

Even if no-one takes his warning, he keeps running, picking up speed as he lurches forward in his run and sticks out his shoulder, his voice picking up momentum as he gets closer and closer. He leaps into the boarded up door!

"Hya-!"

CLANG.

"-gack!"

And bounces off the wall nearby, missing the door by about a meter, leaving a sizeable dent in the wall and his shoulderplate. He slowly crawls back to his feet and clutches his head, wobbling around completely dazed, before going over to slump against the opposite wall trying to gain his senses, not one of his smartest ideas.
Otto hits the lock with the crowbar. Several times.

The lock audibly breaks, and the door creaks open slightly. Go inside?