Tiny Chat People

Tiny Chat People
RE: Tiny Chat People
It is literally voting to ignore the voices in our head. You're ignoring the whole voice. It makes more sense for it to be vetoing an entire post rather than an individual command, honestly. It also means people are less likely to use Vetoes frivolously, which is a thing I'm noticing. >.>
we'll see how it goes, a lot goes into making these decisions and we'll do our best to make the right one for the adventure
The other thing to consider is, we're technically a character in the story. Things like imposing command limits and democratic vote (and readers disobeying those) is part of how frog-crimes behaves as a collective, for better or for worse. As the god to end all gods, Kitet can impose whatever rules she wants, but the chaos that ensues in the absence of rules is not without value to the story.
[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
(09-12-2017, 02:59 AM)Justice Watch Wrote: »The other thing to consider is, we're technically a character in the story. Things like imposing command limits and democratic vote (and readers disobeying those) is part of how frog-crimes behaves as a collective, for better or for worse. As the god to end all gods, Kitet can impose whatever rules she wants, but the chaos that ensues in the absence of rules is not without value to the story.

Likewise, if we can manage to self-regulate, that represents substantial character growth. Almost like the character has actually learned something resembling self-control, rather than playing lip service to the idea of redemption.
Yoooo that's lit
[Image: tN4CQnw.png][Image: 6miAxpY.png][Image: xrt4V73.png]
[Image: LAbvoew.png][Image: kHYNSyp.png][Image: 2xEY8jD.png]
One other thing to consider is that I was entirely unaware the discussion thread existed until it was already on page 4 or so. It's possible, even likely, that some of the newer players or even some older ones don't know it's here.
I have created a revision of the proposed letter, taking tronn and chwoka's concerns into account. I would like further input on its suitability for distribution.

Letter to Windy and Fennel Wrote:Dearest Windy and Fennel,

We, Frog-Crimes, regret to inform you that Fernando will not be returning home. She has chosen to leave our team. You have a right to know why. We are terribly sorry for what happened, as it was a direct consequence of our poor decision-making as of late. Our inexperience led to fear of the dangers that could lurk in the unknown. As such, we attempted to train and even manipulate the three of you in a misguided attempt to make you stronger. We sent a weak, but hostile creature into the maze, forcing Fernando to kill it. One among us felt it would teach her the dangers of the world, not realizing the hypocrisy.

[TEACH Windy and Fennel: Hypocrisy]

I know we're difficult to deal with, but we still intend to do our best to keep you safe as long as you are here with us. And we will still do so, even if you choose to leave with Fernando.

There should be a new TCP outside. Please greet them, and help them acclimate to existence.

We'll be making you a cardboard box so you can clean out Fernando's stuff. The Frog Mailman can deliver it to her, as is only fair. Our mistakes should not deprive her of the things that were meant for her.

We are also creating communicators, one of which will be sent to Fernando along with her things. We will have no access to these. They are for her to stay in touch with you; despite everything we've done, she bears you no ill will. Is there anything you would like us to create for you?

Frog-Crimes
I like this version better!
Vivian Quest
Tale of a small lizard, crime, and weird biology!
Alright so let me slide forth a proposal:

We're chasing our tails here in regards to trying to push our values and concepts onto the cats. We can all plainly see that. This as an experiment for those who consider it an experiment was a massive failure.

What I believe we should do after admitting to donking things up in the name of control and for some of us admittedly overprotection, is start looking in places other than our cats for things to try out. We went from 0 to 11 in regards to god killing implements, but that doesn't mean we can't experiment and find out what items we CAN make and the practical applications in-game.

We're paranoid about other dangers and we probably should be, but to be frank our R&D department sucks right now and we have a bunch of junk at our base but nothing of substance.

Also a small addendum: lets agree to communicate to our new cat whoever they be that we're about to give them some gifts of knowledge and items before we do so, so they're a bit more prepared for the experience.
(09-12-2017, 02:55 PM)Gen Wrote: »Also a small addendum: lets agree to communicate to our new cat whoever they be that we're about to give them some gifts of knowledge and items before we do so, so they're a bit more prepared for the experience.

It would also be beneficial not to overwhelm them, as has been done in the past.
Maybe let our current TCPs decide what to teach to the newcomer?
Vivian Quest
(09-12-2017, 06:17 PM)tronn Wrote: »Maybe let our current TCPs decide what to teach to the newcomer?

This was also an option I considered including in the letter. I believe Windy knows how to TEACH?
I agree with the revision to the letter, the issues that tronn pointed out are addressed.

But in my defense, I wasn't a part of the collective when there was still time to preserve our relationship with Fernando, hence my statement about there being "nothing we could do" and my not acknowledging the mind games played with Fernando. Because I couldn't do anything, the damage was already done.
I have only tried to assuage Fernando and be affectionate to Windy and Fennel since joining.
That is not how I meant it. I never said Fernando is gone, Windy and Fennel are welcome to go see her. I even provided an opportunity to do so in the form of the box of her stuff. I do not see how it is callous to want her to have her own possessions.

In regards to the new spawn slot - I agree with the Food-type as an avenue to taking better care of our TCPs but I feel something like a Doctor-type would be better. Food-TCPs have to lose health/mass by being eaten to heal others. A doctor-type would probably have like healing powers or something. I just feel like it's much quicker.

Though I find the idea of an internet-type or feather-type super appealing.
Is there some kind of internet-capable food we could suggest or is that too outlandish
I like soup though because it's a liquid
That's right we gave our little cat a diploma that certifies them to teach in this land.

Cat welcoming party is probs a good way to start
I think that's not necessarily an awful idea but also that maybe typecasting a new tcp as their kid might be something that the subject might not approve of.
They're a blank slate, but they don't seem to go through any actual sort of childhood state. Even with good intentions it might feel kind of patronising.

Asking the other TCPs what new one to make could be interesting but I don't know if they have like, the imagination? We know about a lot more things than they do, they mostly only know things we have shown them.
Jac, I wholeheartedly agree on the patronizing, TCPs are like children. They aren't actually children.

Though you never know. Windy and Fennel have had a lot of time to themselves and we made them an encyclopedia, we saw that they were reading before coming out when we spawned Fernando.
Oh, I forgot to say this publicly in here, but re: veto restrictions -
I think it'd be best, for now, if the rule was that [b]you can veto as much of one single post as you want.[b/] So, you can select one specific command, or several commands, or just the whole post if it's obviously a bunch of session-derailing nonsense, but you can't veto anything from any other posts afterward.

I'll say right now, if this restriction doesn't work out, I'll change it later. Whatever's good for the threads.

(on another note, I can... usually tell which suggestions are jokes and shouldn't even be considered. Usually. So troll suggestions won't need to be vetoed unless they actually get support votes, is how I see it. :y )
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
TCPs might not have a childhood stage, but they are very child-like because they're naive, trusting, and don't know much about world. Well, at least ours were in the beginning -_-
Anyhow that means they need to be looked after and treated well.
Vivian Quest
I think at some point (definitely not straight away, temperament would be important for this) it might be worthwhile to teach a TCP "diplomacy" or "mediation" or something along those lines.
As they aren't burdened with 30 competing voices they'd probably be better at it than Frog Crimes.
Not gonna update the story for a bit since I'm trying to focus on IRL stuff, but I figured I should post a snippet of my reference material for TCP types.

These are the type categories we have learned about in the thread thus far:
SpoilerShow
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
Is that a sign that we may have accidentally created an abstract-type? Internet's eyes aren't a solid black shape. It's similar to the Story-type in the picture and Fennel's and Windy's. Oh dear, we may have doomed ourselves.

Also, is the story-type reading a floating stone slab?
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
(09-21-2017, 10:18 PM)FlanDab Wrote: »Also, is the story-type reading a floating stone slab?

Perhaps an example cropped out that we haven't unlocked yet.

Also, yes, I do believe we've made another Abstract. Has science gone too far?
Should we install a firewall in the session to keep the malicious information from messing with the universe?

Also, I've noticed that we're inclined towards messages and letters.
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
I wouldn't say that "internet" has much to do with the fabric of space, we haven't seen internet's type category yet so it doesn't fit under "type categories learned about in the thread".
Then again who knows.

I think it was more that it was advised not to make too many abstract TCPs because they are dangerous (and the admin might get involved) rather than because it inherently dooms you. Our first two are very good, we'd just have to not fuck up... and we're very very good at that, right?