Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)

Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)
RE: Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)
Hee hee, what a nerdy thing to be happy about~
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
WOAH SHIT DAMN My computer packed in, on the same day my mom went on holiday for a week, leaving me home alone (with my brother) which means eating copious amounts of snacks and watching House MD and QI all day. Booze woke me up at quarter to ten which is a ridiculous hour after having slept about three hours from getting hammered with friends on-line. I'm pretty sure I sung space jam on camera. But that's a good thing because if it hadn't I would've missed an SMS telling me to get my ass to city campus by 11 to discuss A PLAY I MIGHT BE DIRECTING NEXT YEAR FOR MY UNIVERSITY'S THEATRE GROUP FUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH.

Life is full of surprises. <3
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
That is a helluva day there Wojj.
IT GOT BETTER!!!! I found 20 euros right there on the street on my way back, had mini pancakes for lunch, watched QI and House MD as planned, wrote half a JoS post and then went to my uncle and got the pc fixed. This probably all sounds really stupid and trivial but it feels like my life is on track again.
Wojjan that is awesome. I'm really excited for you! What are you going to do with your fancy new 20 euros?
I took my learner's permit test today. You're allowed to get seven wrong answers maximum; eight or more, you fail.

I got exactly seven wrong.
A couple of what we're pretty sure are red-tailed hawks have staked a claim to my yard as their territory for the summer. They've been here for weeks. There are at least two of them, and we've seen a couple of them roost in the same tree every morning, so they might be nesting there.

[Image: img1383yy.jpg]

SpoilerShow
Well fuck, so much for my summer hummingbirds, hawks're waaay awesomer.
FUCK YES, NEW PC
I drove a car for the first time today and was wholly terrified the whole time through BUT I was... vaguely kind of competent by the end, and I didn't crash at all.
So after two days straight of running around to multiple interviews I officially have 2 (maybe 3) job offers.

Now I just need to go to sleep, overcome my crippling indecision, and get on with my life.

UPDATE:

After frantically worrying about it, I called back the principle of this one school and accepted a position as a physics teacher. Turns out it actually pays quite a bit more than I was expecting! Now I just have to wait for HR to find out I am not a criminal or drug smuggler and try to stave off the slow realization that I have no idea what I'm doing.

Oh also, I'll be teaching at Noodly's old high school, so she's excited about that.
That's pretty awesome, Bob!

Just remember, though: if you don't play at least one episode of Bill Nye a semester you are doing your position a grave disservice and should be disbarred from teaching anything to anyone forever.
Aww yisss, suckas
[Image: img1387fh.jpg]

You know, I always figured birdwatching would be a lot of standing around in the woods and hoping you'd see something besides squirrels and sparrows, but it's actually pretty interesting when they keep coming back to one specific tree that you can see from your window.

SpoilerShow

I'm actually seeing these guys all over the place now. When I was on the train back from my internship, we passed one just sitting a branch right next to the tracks. I wouldn't have even seen it if I hadn't looked up at exactly the right moment.
Turns out my foot injury is only a sprain and not a broken bone! Yaaaay! Now I won't be impaired from simple tasks like driving and showering and limping without crutches!
Guys Guys

Look at my brother, playing onstage, at Lollapalooza

[Image: 7720482034_fff16544ec.jpg]

I don't know the details of the event, just that it happened, and apparently they had a blast. Maybe I'll inundate this post with youtube videos if they become available. Also check out their lollapalooza web page and click the "photos" tab to see other such classics as: "dumbfounded stare", "prancing around stage like a dainty angel", and "intense asian drummer".
godbot is the luckiest person omg i love birds i really love birds birds are so great do you know about crows crows are also great hawks are very cool and cute and stuff but crows are even cuter and are the cutest
but hawks are still pretty cute and i wish i had some in my yard

Busy-as-hell-ness? Coming to a close in a little under two weeks.

This weekend? Chicago Comic Con with some friends.

TF2? Mysterious updatery is going on and it's all great fun.

Excellentitude all around!
yay pines
pines i miss you :<
Yaaaaaay

I found reliable weekend work, and it's a literal minute's walk from where I'll be moving at the end of the month.

Do I care it's checkout duty at a supermarket? The fuck I do. It's gonna be enough to stop immediately stressing about having to borrow all my living expenses, which is all the coercion I need.
i went to the amusement park yesterday with some friends and had lots of fun yayyyyyy
Going on a trip to the beach is one thing, deciding to make the weekend vacation a week because we're having too much fun is another.

But coming back home absolutely tuckered out and screaming about the fact that hope rides alone the very moment I get my PC going again... that's just something leagues above any of that.
Figured I should post this here, since there isn't a bittersweet thread.

Noodles has had a terrible summer, though the last few weeks have been particularly hard on her. Certain things have come up which caused me to question the integrity of our relationship, so we've taken an extended break. This comes alongside her decision to simultaneously take a year off from school and seek shelter outside of her mothers house. Having seen how they interact, I have to say this is a healthy choice. Her plan was to get a job locally, perhaps as a delivery driver, and perhaps supplementing her income with some crafts projects on the side.

Then her car broke down.

That was the bitter part. Here is the sweet part.

Literally a day after her car broke down, she gets a message from a friend she knew from University. Her friend tells her that this antique/used bookstore she works at may be interested in hiring her and that she could put in a solid recommendation. Also that if she wanted to she could stay at her apartment free of rent until she got on her feet.

Also she lives in NYC.

For Noodly, this is a dream opportunity. She's told me about her dreams to live in a city like New York or Boston for years, and her passion is archiving and literature, aka, old books. It would require her giving up everything she knows here, selling her belongings, and completely uprooting her life.

But if this works out it means all of the crap that has happened to her is all leading towards a brighter future. A broken transmission becomes a sold car which takes her to a city where a car isn't needed. A strained relationship means freedom to move to a new place with new people. And a lost scholarship means a chance for her to openly pursue her personal dreams.

Currently she's keeping the world updated on her tumblr. If you want to check it out. Despite our difficulties I'm incredibly excited for her. I had thought this would be a time of transition for me, getting set up to teach and earn self-sustaining levels of income (which is actually going pretty well), but this is on a completely different level. A tumultuous excitement coupled with a crippling nervousness. The comfort zone is the launch pad, and she is locked in at the helm. God willing, it will be an amazing ride.
yayyy i'm so happy for noodles~
Retumblrposting

Ed Wrote:[Image: DDJvu.gif]
I’M DONE WITH HIGHSCHOOL FOREVER AND EVER WAAAAAUGH
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]