Harmonion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harmonion
RE: Harmonion
You both arrive at the flower field. The Harmons stop just outside. What was once filled with beautiful pale yellow lilies was now mostly a writhing mass of those round shadows.

[Image: t5SFBlK.png]

Your Harmons retreat to just outside of the field, where it was mostly white void and scattered smatterings of flowers.

"Hey, umm, voices? Are you there?" Masterblade's Harmon asks. "I don't think we can fight these things-- not when there are so many of them. "

Credit's Harmon was a bit quiet. He didn't seem to be the type to talk when he didn't have to. Or at the very least, he was a lot shyer when Masterblade's Harmon is there.

(Okay, guys, you can either post here so 'both' harmons will hear it, or PM me things that only your Harmon will hear. This portion is intended to clear up how they navigate the white void)
I tell my Harmon that I think you (both of them) should try and go around them, avoiding at least most of them and reaching the crystal safer.
So you're, like, sun shaped. Can you possibly burn the field to possibly wipe them out?
(08-19-2013, 07:07 AM)MasterBlade Wrote: »So you're, like, sun shaped. Can you possibly burn the field to possibly wipe them out?

"I, uhh... What? Sorry. Lunie here is the magic guy. The only magic I can do is Imaginary Blade."

MasterBlade's Harmon stares at Credit's Harmon expectantly. "I-i'm sorry to disappoint you Sol, but I haven't learned any elemental magic yet."

Credit then offers his suggestion. They both look at each other. "What's... 'Around'?"
Credit: "'Around' would be going to the left or right of the monsters without coming in contac- oh forget it tactics are not plausible, let's just charge the monsters."
In theory we could pick them off one by one. And judging from the fact that these things are in mass, there might be stronger one's out there.

Needless to say we are not prepared to fight this foe, but in leu of reinforcements you will just have to train by offing a few of them. Preferably those breaking from the huge mass.
I agree with Masterblade.
(08-19-2013, 03:21 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »Credit: "'Around' would be going to the left or right of the monsters without coming in contac- oh forget it tactics are not plausible, let's just charge the monsters."

"Oh, you mean changing our location so that we don't go straight through the crowd? Why didn't you just say so?"

Masterblade's Harmon feels very gung ho about his human's suggestion, but Credit's is not so sure.

How are you supposed to lure the things away from their crowd?

SpoilerShow
"Lure them away with... a shard! You still have that, don't you?"
Nononononono, that'l get the entire swarm on us.

Throw a rock at one of the ones on the far side, see if it leaves to investigate/
Okay, throw rocks then, but make sure to only throw it on the one that's furthest from the herd.
It was a bit amusing trying to see Masterblade's Harmon trying to pick up a rock that you couldn't actually see. (Hey, maybe they actually have terrain around and you just can't see it, you think.)

His aim was a bit off. You suspect Credit's Harmon would have better aim than that, seeing as he used strictly ranged attacks. The invisible pebble hits on eof the things and looks in the direction of your Harmons, approaching slowly cautiously.
Move back to a safe spot, wait for them to come and begin battle
Indeed.

And yes, the GM's idea is wise. Lets keep the ranger using the ranged things.
The monster breaking away from the group is stopped by another one. It seems two of them are approaching now, rather than just the original one.
Two doesn't seem so bad. Engage them in battle.
Remember, we gotta synch our attacks!
You engage the two in battle.

??? A: 16
??? B: CRITICAL FAILURE. IT DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE YOU WERE THERE.
Masterblade: 22
Credit: 9

(Ahahaha, holy crap. I never really thought an enemy would roll a 1. Let's do battles a bit more dynamically, just as an experiment. Masterblade still goes first, then ??? A, then Credit, but tell me what else you do other than attacks. Of course, only attacks will do damage.)
(Obviously nothing but attacks because there is hardly an environment to work with and these guys will tear us a new one faster than Jaws at a swim meet.)

Imaginary Blade on A
Bite on A (or remaining target)
Imaginary Blade A (or remaining target)
Bite on A (Or remaining target)
Imaginary Blade on A (Or remaining target)

Credit, lets focus fire on A to get a knockout before B realizes we're here.
Imaginary Targe
Magic Shot x4 on A
Masterblade uses imaginary blade on ??? A, but deals no damage.
??? A uses Dark Shot on Masterblade, dealing 1 damage. (9/10 HP)
Credit uses Imaginary Targe, creating a shield with 7 HP.

Masterblade uses Bite on ??? A, dealing 2 damage. (8/10 HP)
??? A uses D4rk Sho7 on Masterblade, but deals no damage.
Credit uses Magic Shot on ??? A, dealing 4 damage. (6/10 HP)

Masterblade uses Bite on ??? A, 8 damage. ??? A is deleted.

??? B still hasn't noticed you.

Credit uses Magic shot on ??? B, dealing 11 damage. ??? B is deleted!

SpoilerShow

There are still monsters everywhere. You have a feeling you'll be here for a long time if you try to finish them off.
Hey! Our harmons have points! That means they're gaining experience!

We should fight a few more to get to level 2.
yesss!

Do the same thing as last time, lure only one, just to be safe.
Masterblade's harmon picks up another invisble rock. It lands in the middle of the crowd, with no visible response.

Credit's harmon gives it a try and throws the rock-- it lands right in the middle of the facial hole of one of the strange things. It begins acting erratically, bumping into the other ???s, alerting them to your harmons. Oops.
RUNRUNRUNRUN

in like

a different direction from where they're coming from.

After a few minutes, go back