Rum Runners (Dice RPG)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rum Runners (Dice RPG)
RE: Rum Runners (Dice RPG)
SpoilerShow

Clide equips a Revolver and bags two others while returning to the Hideout. Equipping weapons gives slight bonuses to your Intimidation and Bribery rolls. Clide delivers his report to the boss, improving his mood slightly. There's not much else to do at the moment, as it's still too late at night/early in the morning to go running around much, unless you want to catch some winks.

Maggie also returns to The Hideout, receiving a Resting Bonus on top of her Zeal of Life bonus. i appologize for a short event but there's not really much to do at the hideout soooo...at least you can leave for somewhere else easy

Pearl takes a deep breath and starts talking to Paul. "Oh you know how it is. One day my Maxy is as sweet as can be and the next day he's chompin' at the bit. He runs so hot and cold. He's be so stressed lately and I just try to make 'im happy but...". Her voice is wobbling, but Paul tries to calm her down, a Plausible act using Charm. [Roll 6v4]. She thanks him before continuing. "I think he's been having business trouble. He keeps having to deal with new guys movin' in on his territory and all sorts of horrible stuff. Why even the govenor's got him...oops, there goes my big mouth. But still, you've been so nice to me. I'd watch out for the Bianchi's. They've been trying to expand lately so who know's what's likely to go down. Ooh I wish everyone could just get a long. I could use a drink, and it'd be mighty nice if some of these gangs started working together. I'll tell ya, my poison's Peppermint Schnapps. I'd be happy to maybe open my trap some more or help you find some more pick-me-ups if you could get me a little."

Peppermint Schnapps has be unlocked.

Jacky heads into The Warehouse, flashes those big ol' blues at him, and he cracks like an egg.

SpoilerShow

Lana heads back into the club. It seems like the party is finally dying down and only a handful of people remain. The barkeep let's her go for it and motions towards a piano in the back of the room. Her old playground, she sits down and gets to work. Lana thinks of a tune, a Likely act using Charisma, the Entertainer in her comes out and she really captures the place. [Roll 7v4]. It's like she's the only one in the room, and it's not till the end of her song till the spell is broken. Her performance earns her some money, and Johnathan the owner of the club comes over. "Lana doll, you might want to start looking at expanding your clientele. I love ya, but you gotta share that voice. Try heading over to Studio 53 in Midtown some time this week. They're a bit more jazzy than we are, but I'd bet you'd be interesting in them. Here's something for your time too." [Item obtained: $21]

Midtown has been unlocked. This section of town is under the hands of the Russian mob, and they hang out around The Theater District. You can also find The Bridge to Eyeglass Island here, the premier camping spot and hiking area outside of town. The Art Museum as well as The Factory District are here too, and Studio 53, the most swinging-est, jumping-est, coolest place to be.

SpoilerShow

It's now the Dawn Phase.
Lana sighs happily. That hit the spot and, frankly, it was a lot better to her than slamming back a few shots. Healthier too. She gladly pockets the tips laid out on the piano, slipping them into her pocket. She grins when Johnathan approaches. "Johnathan! Hey!" She nods. "Studio 53? Alright. I'll give it a try, I suppose. Thanks for the tip. See ya 'round." She socks him playfully and heads back to the hide out. Time for some rest.
Clyde checks the group inventory and discoverers that someone had found some cocaine sometime last page. Considering one of his ins was looking for the stuff, he might as well drop it off as a morning present.

To the Purple Hippo Clyde will go! to the district and straight to the joint. Time is money, and he's made some good use of his time recently.\

Also he checks the current date because that might come in use for planning around the Italian Mob's plans.
Paul smiles at Pearl.
"Well, we don't have any at the moment, but I'm sure one of my friends is buying the ingredients as we speak. At any rate, you are always welcome here in our humble abode."

He looks over at Clyde and Margarita.

"Ah, glad to see you two. The Mayor's term is coming to an end soon, and I need some help in preparing my campaign. If I win, it will allow me to do things that will help us in the long run."
Jacky buys 10 corn, 10 yeast, a wrench for defense and both special ingredients.

[don't kill me for spending that money dear god I'm terrible]
"Oh-ho! Looking to move up from dreg to egg, eh, Paul? That's just swell. Whaddya need from me?"

Before Clyde leaves, she tells him, "I got the skinny on the Vipers; they're down by the docks. And if we take care of it, that's 400 rubes!"

She puts two (2) juniper berries and one (1) Striped Juniper Berry in one still at medium for one period.

[BOOZE ingredients are good purchasessss

Is "satisfied" better than mild...?]
~◕ w◕~
(04-13-2013, 03:52 PM)Whimbrel Wrote: »[BOOZE ingredients are good purchasessss

Is "satisfied" better than mild...?]

yes
"What a coincidence! I happened to discover the Governor himself involved in some Italian Mafia buisness. Don't know if he's a client or a target, but if you can get someone to translate the note from Italian you might be able to blackmail him with it."

Clide looks at Pearl and smiles. "And who's the lovely lady? Business or... business?" He chuckles a bit before waving his hands. "I kid, I kid. Your business is your own, in whatever tense it comes in. If you need anything I would be more than happy to fetch it. Can't let someone so fair to feel uncomfortable."

"Paul, on my trip last night I... found... some revolvers. Arm yourself, but be cautious. I am not much a fighter, you might want to find someone else."
Margarita pouts. "Oh c'mooon Paul. You say it like I'm any better in a scrap! Anyway, we ain't gotta FIGHT'em if we do it right. We just need to scare'm off! Two or three of us with the revolvers, and a little insinuation that we can bring more if they don't clear off, it'll be easy-peasy!"
~◕ w◕~
"Well, I need to come up with a catchy slogan for my campaign. I also need to get a famous celebrity to say they like my ideas and such. Someone that everyone loves and adores would be most helpful."

Paul gives Clide a look.

"This is miss Pearl Pounders, she's here too lay low for a little while.
She's Maxy's girl so no funny business. She's also the one who gave us that Cocaine you're holding. So if you would be so kind and pick up some Peppermint Schnapps for this nice young lady."

"Anyway this note will be most helpful. I know a bit of Italian myself, so I might able to translate it. Oh, and thanks for the revolver."

((I hope I'm using the skill Communication correctly))
[I think Peppermint Schnapps might be sugar and peppermint, I don't have the alcohol skill to work out if that's right, but we could totally brew some]

Margarita thinks for a moment, tapping her fan against her wrist, before snapping it up with an exuberant "Ah-ha!"

"I've got just the thing! 'Vote for Paul; he'll do it all!' Ain't it just the berries? As for a celebrity, Lonnie and I're crashing a party for someone famous at Bedford Towers tomorrow, if you can get an invite we can work on gettin' that endorsement."
~◕ w◕~
"That sounds pretty good."

He takes out a pen and note book and writes it down.

"The party idea sounds pretty good as well. Any suggestion on where I should start looking for an invite?"
"I got mine from Lonnie's gal-pal, but I doubt she'd be good for one for you, too. Maybe see if any of your other politico buddies are goin', or go with Paul when he goes to his buyer? You might just be able to sneak in once the party's started, too."
~◕ w◕~
"Hmm, those are all valid options, I'll see how it all goes after I've finished with this note."
((Whoops sorry about that. We had a tree knock out our neighborhood's power late Saturday night as I was trying too update and it was out most of Sunday intermittently.))

SpoilerShow

Clide heads to the Purple Hippo, but unfortunately it seems to have closed for the night. It appears the club is not open during the Dawn phase. Clide can come back later and drop off his find with his in later. In the mean time, it appears The Park, The Bitter Pill, and The Library are open in Uptown.

Jacky takes her purchase, coming out to a total of $163. She equips the Wrench, increasing her Threat Level to 12. It appears different weapons have different Threat Level modifiers. That wrench should also help if you need to use it for wrench-like purposes? Inside The Warehouse, there's several boxes and various boating equipment, as well as an upper level with an office and more storage. It would probably take a while to search through the whole place, but who knows what's in here. There's also The Harbor nearby, as well as the various other regions of The Docks.

Lana returns to The Hideout and decides to rest for the remainder of the Dawn Phase. Resting is different from simply being in The Hideout at the end of a phase in that you actually regain some points, rather than simply losing less than normal. However, you can't take anymore actions during the phase.

Paul uses his Communication skills to try and translate the Italian, because that's a much better use of the skill and the I have no idea what I really meant by it when I invented it. The Liquor Accounting Shredded just seem to mention various shipments coming in and out of the area, but it appears that there's a large shipment coming in on the 7th at The Docks during the Night and the mob is looking to swipe it from the Vipers. Looks like a fight might go down that night. In addition, it appears there's some notes about the Governor, but nothing really substantial other than several orders. Still, the Governor being in the back pocket of the the Italian mob is incriminating anyway you look at it. Looking into that later might pay off. It appears the papers also mention two new brands of liquor.

Hard Cider and Hard Lemonade have been unlocked. These two liquors are Compound Liquors, which mean they require an already brewed brand of liquor and another set of ingredients. In this case, both liquors are brewed with Moonshine and Apples and Lemons respectively. As such, their quality is also affected by the quality of Moonshine used.

Margarita discusses the party some more. Paul's in a bit of a pickle looking for an invite but searching for a political friend going sounds like a good idea. He may be able to check around the Mayor's Office today. Jacky maybe be able to poke around The Daily Gazette in Midtown for a press badge, though Clive is a mystery. Then again, there's nothing better than stealing a Waiter's uniform and sneaking in. Disguises are always good to have.

In addition, in regards to Clive's question it is the First. Because it is Day 1. So admittedly months might have up to something like the 50th because I totally said so.
(That would make the mob event.... over 100 turns from now o-o)

Clyde, dissapointed at the lack of deals going on, tries to follow up on his fruit cart. The better the hiding place, etc.
Margarita puts the two [2] striped corn and one [1] yeast into the last still on medium for two [2] periods, and reviews all the locations the gang can travel to, so far [Comprehensive list request!]
~◕ w◕~
wait which mob thing
[Think he means the ones on the 8th and 13th]
~◕ w◕~
(The large shipment on the 7th. It'l be, like, August before it happens assuming we do daily updates, which we haven't)
ahh maybe I'll change it then

basically the plans are that you have a week each time to meet the boss's deadline for money and there will be a big final even on the last day both in case you come up short just to make it and also I guess to act like the "boss" of that week

I've planned for like 5 weeks but I'll see how it goes (you get rid of a rival gang each week and then final week is SECRET)
Lana pushes the door to the hideout open, still happy from her performance. She spies Margarita and Paul, shooting them a tired smile. "Hey guys, how's it hangin'? Just came from a performance from the Stitch In Time. Jonathan said I should try out Studio 53 when I go play again." She glances over at Pearl, "And who's this pretty lady?"
Paul looks over at Lana and smiles back.

"That is Pear Pounders, she's a friend I met at the Purple Hippo. Oh, also she's Maxy's girlfriend. You know the guy who runs the Butchers Gang."

Looks at his watch.

"At any rate I better get going to the office, I have somethings I want to attend too."

Paul goes back uptown and goes into the Mayor's Office.
SpoilerShow

Margarita brews up some firewater and looks over her notes.
SpoilerShow
Perhaps finding some more sewer entrances would help quickly moving around town?

Clide heads back to The Square to look around more. It appears a few folks have gotten up early to prep their carts for the Farmer's Market. One man seems to be selling fresh fruits and vegetables, several old ladies are selling other various homemade goods, and there even appears to be a guitarist playing for a few cents. Clide might be able to steal a cart, if only he had a distraction.

Jacky heads back outside to The Docks and thinks of her next move.

Lana rests up at The Hideout.

Paul heads to The Mayor's Office, since there's nothing better than good old hard worker and making people look late. Stella the secretary gives him a wave and heads back to her paperwork. It appears the first floor is home to the break room, the town files, the restrooms, and a few clerical offices. The mayor's office is upstairs along with the conference room.
(Sorry, I didn't notice you responding to the last round of commands somehow)

"Well, I oughta bring this back. Thank you sir."

[I know theres a magic inventory, but there's not much more to do here]