[Cosmosdex] : Redux Error Train

[Cosmosdex] : Redux Error Train
RE: [Cosmosdex] Migration: APPOCALYPSE TODAY
I suppose I'm claiming the oblein.

(07-15-2016, 04:54 AM)Apo11o Wrote: »FLOPS BACK INTO THE TOPIC OK OK I GUESS I'M ACTUALLY DOING MY SPECIES AFTER ALL
EVEN THOUGH I CLAIMED THEM FIRST BEFORE AND THEN DIDN'T TOUCH THEM AT ALL
MIALCSEM ARE MINE AGAIN
The mialcsem think you are the best dad ever.
SpoilerShow
(07-15-2016, 08:35 AM)Fellow Wrote: »
(07-15-2016, 04:54 AM)Apo11o Wrote: »FLOPS BACK INTO THE TOPIC OK OK I GUESS I'M ACTUALLY DOING MY SPECIES AFTER ALL
EVEN THOUGH I CLAIMED THEM FIRST BEFORE AND THEN DIDN'T TOUCH THEM AT ALL
MIALCSEM ARE MINE AGAIN
The mialcsem think you are the best dad ever.
SpoilerShow
Haha, oh my gosh! I wasn't expecting art. Yes, I am the greatest father. Thank you.
[Image: BMy2LW4.png]
Oblein:

SpoilerShow

I had trouble thinking of a red trait so I submitted the [intrusive] trait to try and match the Oblein's habits that got described in the cosmodex.

Edit: I think I might do the fairies as well.

Fairies:
SpoilerShow

Edit2: Made a little adjustment to the obleins' trivia.
Ok I'm still putting in entries but I should get these last three done, then if the jerace are still there I'll snag them and finish them.

What got done

- Bear cubs
- The fog (Now just "Fog")
- Kuppas got done.
- Twin or quad bike headed bugs are now done.

- The lego you stepped on as a child but now as a species is done.
- Mold people are done.
- Talented giant mole bugs are done.

- TockWhos? are done.
- I don't know what species this is?

Edit: More
- Mialcsem are done.
- Obleins are done.

- Aoeyoi'ie are done.
- Fairies are done.

Edit: Even more stuff.
- Fixed every entry so the title reads Species name | Cosmosdex when you see it in a tab. It's a minor thing I felt needed to be fixed.
- All related entries should be gone now. If you see any please do tell me. The other 3 are just fine and I'll likely soon be updating them so they work.
The final count down!
- Notails now have a very large entry.
- Baphometti have a placeholder entry just so I don't have to move other species later. Nothing about it is done and it doesn't need to be done for a while.
- Jerces are now finished.
- The species section is now done - the text for it.

So that's it! All entries are now done (- Baphometti and Extrals which will be done later) I can finally get set up for the live update and raffle! I'll come back with news in a few days, once I review my work load, for info on when the raffle + live update will be done, + the prize list!

If I don't somehow fit the raffle + live update in these last few days of the month, it will have to be done after the 10th of aug as I have graduation and then being pulled places by my parent. After that I'll just be on the hunt and should have downtime between that for the stream!

Fellow, because you had the most entries done you can tell me what you would like to be done. You can pick between 1 animated fortuna style small sprite, 1 fortuna style big talk sprite, or you can pick 3 species and get art for them done, thus replacing their placeholder ? image.
(posting for safety reasons. I had 99% finished the redux app for the Coraeites, and then a parent decided to close all of my tabs when I was gone, deleting my progress ;_;
SpoilerShow
Holy begeezuz, I haven't written that much since I had to write an essay with a paragraph length minimum!

Once again, this is not finished! As you can see several fields are incomplete! Also, these were created BEFORE Undertale and Sans came out, I SWEAR!
RE: [Cosmosdex] Migration: DONE!
I don't really have an OC I'd like sprites of, so I'll ask for species art.

Kouninis, Husses and Oomn, please.
PLEASE CHECK OUT THE NEWEST POST IN THE MAIN TOPIC!
CLICK HERE

@Fellow Oh shoot I forgot to say you can also get 12 fortuna buttons. Just tell me if you want to swap to that!

@Ferociousfeind
Thanks feind! I'll be glad to add your app but I will be needing the whole thing, aka I'll need Physical Description, Personality & Traits, History, and Special(if any) cause the whole redux app was lost in the MSPA forums.
Change Log

I decided to just change this topic in to a changelog topic for the site, mainly for my own sake of keeping track of what I'm working on. If you by any chance see any bugs or whatever on the site feel free to tell me about it on this topic. Also feel free to suggest improvements or give me suggestions as to what you would like to see on the site. This will also be updated when the redux starts updating after I fix all of the major bugs I'm working on right now.

9-7-2016
- The Random Entries section in every dex entry now actually works and will show you random entries every time you reload the page or go to a new one.
- The random section in the main page, species page, fauna page, and AI section work, with the main random page drawing from all entries and the other ones drawing from only their respective pages.
- Only planets with actual info show up in the random section to prevent people from being taken to a blank page. As such there's only a pool of 3 planets currently.

- The navigation no longer shoves itself fist first in to the middle of dex pages if there's not enough info. (This was common in the homeworld sections.)

- Oomn have artwork.
- Kounini have artwork.
- Drakons have new artwork in the gallery.

- The trait submission section has been cleared with most being added. (Did not keep track of which traits were added, woops.)

- New fauna Magneto-Horzz added.
- New fauna Mormite added.
- New fauna Shambling Messes added.
- New fauna Space Bear added.
- New fauna Space Tuna added.

- New planet Moiresme added.
- Pacoficus now has a full entry unlike most homeworlds.

To Do List
- Put in the Husses artwork.
- Replace the filler text in the species and AI section.
- Put in art for the main dex page instead of it being 10 angry Artemis in a row.
- Change it so that clicking pictures takes you to that thing's dex page as well.

- Create an art-submissions section.
- Create an application rules/guide section.

- Update the homepage with non filler.

- Block out the [Items and Upgrades] | [Gods and Worship] | [Timeline and History] | [Achievements] sections until they have something actually in them but filler.
- Create an application section for the [Items and Upgrades], and [Achievements] sections.

Known issues
- Looking at the site on a phone sucks.
- Looking at the site on a tablet sucks less than the phone version but still kind of sucks.
- The N-Z button in the AI dex is extremely useless.

- There's a lot of bugs in the redux system that I'm not going to bother listing as the redux isn't public yet.
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
RE: [Cosmosdex] Site Junk: 9/7
I'm noticing some errors in my own creatures. Sorry!

4'44 is not a real measurement, should be 4'4(Tuna)
Neither is 10 FT ft(Space Bear)
Space tuna are skittish detrivores, not herbivores
Lastly, Space bears have a lifespan of 500 *years*.
This seems like a nice way to repurpose this topic! I'm looking forward to seeing the website develop.

It seems the entries for the Kounini, Oomn, and Oquintas still say "No art currently" in the infobox, even though there is, indeed, art.

(also if you could change my name on the scretsen page from tangledAlmond to TangledAlmond that'd be super)
@Almond: Yeah I like reusing this topic. I also wanted to figure out a way to basically tell people "Hey your apps were approved / denied" without having to pm people one by one.

@Fellow: That's no issue, I think every fauna app had an issue with it but I didn't have the time last night to go around fixing them. There's no submission guide at the moment so I don't expect people to know the correct way to submit every section.

9-8-2016
SpoilerShow

Edit: Note I'm just going to keep editing my last post if no one else posts so I don't clog the topic. Also I updated my todo list on the first post so I also don't have to keep reposting that.

The title of the topic will be named Major if there's a major update, otherwise it will be called minor for little tweaks.

9-9-2016

SpoilerShow
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
RE: [Cosmosdex] Site Junk: 9/9 Minor
Can I please request that Mormites' dislike of Hauling stuff be moved to their likes?
RE: [Cosmosdex] Major:10/19 Now (almost) fully Mobile!
10-27-2016

SpoilerShow

10-19-2016

SpoilerShow

10-16-2016

SpoilerShow

9-17-2016

SpoilerShow
RE: [Cosmosdex] Major:10/27 What About Species apps?
I see you can now link to traits from the traitdex. When I tried it in the past it would just take me to the top of the traitdex rather than the specific trait in the url.
Oh it was always like that! If it didn't do it like that that means the trait you checked before is bugged, or it was a one off browser issue. (Sometime Sitename.com/Whatever/#Name doesn't always work, it's weird but it tends to be a one off issue.)

11-02-2016

SpoilerShow
Tegyp species submitted!
RE: [Cosmosdex] Minor:11/2 Talk Species to me
- Tegyps are approved, their temp home is over here. (Note they won't appear in the main dex until we hit the next planet like all other apps, but they've been moved to their "correct spot")

Edits done to tegyps
- Social Class has been replaced with a red or green apple depending on whatever the app feels like displaying.
- Changed Night Vales to Landmarks to keep the reference not too blunt.

- "You see the tegyp social system-" > "The tegyp social system-"
Mandgi species and the homeplanet Huoaaueh submitted!
( Note that all apps will have missing images for a day or two)

Hadgi's have been approved! Their temp home is here.

Changes made
- After a back and forth Hadgi has been changed to Mandgi due to certain reasons.
- The Mandgi quote has been....thinned....
- Few tonal changes but nothing worth noting.

Mandgi planet changes temp home here
- Few tones

Mendac-Ium changes, temp home here
- Tegyps > Tegyp
- Nothing else but small tone.
Crawlerz species submitted
im super sorry if there's a lot of spelling/grammar errors it is 2am i am dying ;u;
Fate....
Destiny.....
Fatestiny......
People throw these words around like tennis balls. But I eat balls for breakfast.
(11-03-2016, 02:07 AM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »In the species app, does "Class" refer to their position on the social ladder, or their preferred role on a ship?

Also, how do you feel about a species that you join rather than be born into (like the Clockwork)?
"If I had more time I would have written a shorter letter." - Blaise Pascal
@GreenMeanZombieQueen

Crawlerz have been accepted temp home here. (Though I might change their main name to Crawlerz if that's ok with the side name of The Crawling one)

- No major changes past me adding gods, + me changing the Capital Crawlerz to crawlerz.

@DetectiveCaillou

Class is requested social class, yeah!

Species that one joins in to instead of being born in to is fickled. After all I'm going to need to give clockworks their own section due to how much they don't fit in to the norms of species, even though they are their own species, abit one that piggy backs off others. They even have their own subspecies (Hydras, harpys, ect)

So basically I would like to request more detail on how one joins the species and how that's done before I can fully approve it. You can just drop a short paragraph here for me to review so you don't have to write the whole thing only for it to get rejected.
Question: Do attributes that boost stats count towards the initial 26? Like, if I gave a species [Charismatic], could I technically register their "average Charisma" stat as a 1, but have it always show up as a 10 in reality, affording me more stat points to distribute elsewhere? And can the "Special Trait" be yellow or purple in nature?

Also, would the genius trait name I came up with, [Space Cadet], count as yet another synonym for [Inattentive], or could it be its own thing (since it's less that you need to work hard to keep their attention, and more that you need to work hard to get it in the first place, and also that the source comes from within their own thoughts rather than outside stimulus)?
"If I had more time I would have written a shorter letter." - Blaise Pascal
Sea angels submitted (as well as their home planet)
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙