...Into the Frying Pan [A Loud Crash]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
...Into the Frying Pan [A Loud Crash]
RE: ...Into the Frying Pan [THE UPDATE DROUGHT IS OVER.]
Shit. Uh, update's coming tomorrow for sure.
It took a little longer because I learned how to make TF2 maps and I made one.
It took two days, but my shitty CTF map is complete!
(I'm sorry.)
Quote:"I was once a man; who had a future. And I'm sure I had a past."
[Image: signaturejc.png]
SpoilerShow
RE: ...Into the Frying Pan [Sudden Alarms!]
Laef is no longer blind

[Image: update2l.png]
Junior walks over to the door on the furthest right and pulls/pushes on the door but in the end finds out that it's locked. He can vaguely see some flashing lights inside.
Rein looks over to see Junior heading over to the other door and barging in without any regard for anyone. He glares at him shortly and walks over to the other door and inspects it before he does anything. He isn't able to see much, but he does see some light seeping out of the slits of the door. He quickly learns that it's locked.
[Image: update133.png]
Grey walks into the room. He doesn't really pay any attention to whatever the sign says. He peers through the slots of the 001 door, but can't see a thing. It seems that there are absolutely no light in the other room.
[Image: update166.png]
Tanner leads the blind Laef to the room where everyone had went to. He gets confused when he sees that there is no one there, also that everything got quiet.
Laef blinks. He blinks a lot. It seems that he can see again. And he was led to a strange room with a strange monitor. He is surprised in every way and is sort of freaking out right now.

INVENTORIES/STATS
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
"Well... deduction says the last door's likely to be locked. You can check it if you want, I'm going to go see what that tan guy is doing," Rein says offhandedly to the top-hatted fellow before going down the ladder and finding the other two. He gives them a glance before entering the room on the left.

"Anything interesting through there?" he asks Grey before wondering what the lights behind the doors were supposed to be.
Lolwut?
Grey steps back from the door, glancing up at the numbers over the door. He faces Rein when he speaks to him. "Oh. Hi." Grey turns back to the door. "Just this door. It's dark on the other side. That's about it." He tries to open the door and, if it does, goes through.
"OH MY GOD! FIRST I CAN'T SEE, NOW I CAN'T HEAR?! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?"

His cries unheard, Laef sees the brown guy heading down a ladder. Guess that's not the right way. Laef goes to sit down and wait, just in case he does something weird and loses all his sight again - but what's this strange machine?

"HEY TANNER! I CAN SEE AGAIN, BUT I'VE LOST MY HEARING! HOPEFULLY THAT WILL GO AWAY TOO. UNTIL MY SENSES ALL AGREE TO WORK NORMALLY, I'M JUST GOING TO STAY HERE AND TRY TO SEE WHAT THIS MACHINE DOES!"

ENGINEER POWERS: ACTIVATE!
Tanner, very confused and somewhat scared at the lack of noise, tries to keep calm, and observes what is going on. He goes over to read the sign above the door the others are inspecting. If Laef needed help he would just call. Right?
Junior heeds him and tries the door on the far left side.
SpoilerShow
"Hey wh... I don't... What're you.?! Not no.. ple... Agh I... Get away..! ARGH!"
Static sounds over all the rooms.
[Image: update3n.png]
Rein looks over to Junior "Well... deduction says the last door's likely to be locked. You can check it if you want, I'm going to go see what that tan guy is doing,". Rein climbs down the ladder and walks over to the room everyone had rounded up at. He beckons to the door "Anything interesting through there?".
Grey sighs, looks up at the door, and turns around. "Hi. Just this door. It's dark on the other side. That's about it." He turns to face the door. Tries to open it, but finds out it's locked.
Tanner takes several deep breaths, walks over to the other room, silently hoping that Laef would be okay and inspects the sign. It looks normal, made in a factory. It says 001.
[Image: update333.png]
Laef calls out to his new friend Tanner. "OH MY GOD! FIRST I CAN'T SEE, NOW I CAN'T HEAR?! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?" He looks around, his power of sight being restored. He sits down in order to clear his mind. He goes over to inspect the machine removing the sound. "HEY TANNER! I CAN SEE AGAIN, BUT I'VE LOST MY HEARING! HOPEFULLY THAT WILL GO AWAY TOO. UNTIL MY SENSES ALL AGREE TO WORK NORMALLY, I'M JUST GOING TO STAY HERE AND TRY TO SEE WHAT THIS MACHINE DOES!"
It will take 1 turn to inspect this machine.
[Image: update366.png]
Junior looks over to the now-fleeing Rein and goes over to the last door. To his surprise, a click is heard, and it is unlocked.

INVENTORIES/STATS
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
The Intercom Really gets Tanner nervous. No Guitar, Then no sound, the doors are locked, and now there only hope of survival is probably dead.

Needless to say, Tanner sits down against the wall In Fear and confusion to prevent from breaking. He silently watches everyone else, hoping they figure a way out of here.
"THIS ONE IS UNLOCKED", Junior yells, loud enough for even the deaf to hear.
"Greaaat...," Rein mutters, "Not only is our benefactor probably captured and dead, it seems all the doors are locked. Yay." He looks around thinking of what to do before he decides to check on the top-hat guy again.

"Well, I left before the blue shirt guy tried the last door, so maybe that one's unlocked?" he wonders aloud, "Be right back." He then goes through the machine room, briefly glancing at the yellow shirt guy before climbing the ladder.

"It's unlocked?" he asks the top-hat guy, "Well, let's check inside! We probably don't have much time..." He attempts to open the door and peek inside.
Lolwut?
Grey watches Rein leave. Well there was nothing else for him to do here. With a sigh, he grabs the back of Tanner's shirt and drags him to the ladder. He hears the obscenely loud shout and nudges Tanner with his foot. "Boy, get up." He then climbs the ladder and goes over to Junior. "What's the ruckus?"
Tanner Climbs the ladder After Grey, hoping for a way out. Or his Guitar
"THIS ONE IS UNLOCKED!" And it seemed his hearing was coming back, too. Junior sounded vaguely like he was above Laef - up the ladder, maybe? No, he couldn't be distracted now. If he could figure out what this machine did, then maybe he could piece together what the hell was going on. He hoped Junior and Tanner wouldn't let the other two guys leave him behind.
Everyone except Laef gathers upstairs to the door that Junior had annouced unlocked.
[Image: update4.png]
Tanner looks around. Hearing the sound from the intercom really made him paranoid and nervous. He sits against the wall. No Key-tar, no aid, and in the middle of this weird testing facility? Not really his taste. He looks at the others for answers.
Junior, hearing the click, jumps and yells.
"THIS ONE IS UNLOCKED" comes his voice. He yells it loud enough for anyone to hear.

Rein sighs. "Greaaat... Not only is our benefactor probably captured and dead, it seems all the doors are locked. Yay." He looks around the room. He shrugs. "Well, I left before the blue shirt guy tried the last door, so maybe that one's unlocked?" he wonders aloud, "Be right back." Rein goes up the ladder into the upper floor. He turns to Junior. "It's unlocked? Well, let's check inside! We probably don't have much time..." He turns the handle and takes a peek.
[Image: update45.png]
Grey looks and sees Rein turning to leave. Looking around, he sighs. He then turns to Tanner, tugs at his shirt and drags him toward the door. "Boy, get up." Grey climbs the ladder and joins the rest. "What's the ruckus?"
Tanner looks around him, seeing that no one is there, he climbs up the ladder to join everyone.
[Image: update333.png]
Laef looks up, hearing Junior yell, but makes nothing of it. He disregards it and continues to inspect this machine.

INVENTORIES/STATS
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Junior sees there's still one missing person and figures that it's probably the blind guy everyone was yelling about before. He goes downstairs while everyone else leaves and drags Laef upstairs.
Rein looks around the room at the chests before turning around and yelling, "Hey! There are chests in here. But let's open all of them and distribute the stuff fairly, alright?"

With that, he begins opening the chests to determine what is in each of them and see who could possibly get what.
Lolwut?
RE: ...Into the Frying Pan [...Grey Guy?]
Grey follows Rein into the room and helps him sort the stuff.
Hearing the words "Chests of stuff" Tanner runs in and begins opening the chests in order to look for his key-tar. He saw the other guy go downstairs, so Laef will probably be all right.
Laef nearly jumps out of his skin when Junior grabs him.

"HOLY SHIT Oh. Junior! I just found out what this machine was for!"

He climbs up the ladder after the man in blue, speaking as he goes up.

"Out on the frontier they called them Mufflers, or CoS - stands for Cone of Silence. They basically mute all the sound in areas, and can even project the effect over a distance! Good for hunting or hiding. Thank goodness, I thought I was going deaf there!"
[Image: update5m.png]
Junior climbs down the ladder and sees Laef. He taps his shoulder and tells him to go with him and climb back to where everyone else was.
Laef jumps when Junior appears behind him. "HOLY SHIT Oh. Junior! I just found out what this machine was for!" He climbs up the ladder while talking to Junior. "Out on the frontier they called them Mufflers, or CoS - stands for Cone of Silence. They basically mute all the sound in areas, and can even project the effect over a distance! Good for hunting or hiding. Thank goodness, I thought I was going deaf there!".
[Image: update55.png]
Rein looks around the room, seeing some things that seemed interesting. "Hey! There are chests in here. But let's open all of them and distribute the stuff fairly, alright?" He begins to search the chests and organize what's inside.
Grey walks into the room and helps Rein organize the items in the chests.
Tanner overhears the words of "Chests" and immediately jumps into action, hoping for his Key-tar.

Chest/Room contents
SpoilerShow

INVENTORIES/STATS
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
"Huh." Grey holds up a guard uniform, slipping it on over his ratty clothes. How they got that way was a mystery, but hey. "I hope neither of you mind if I take this." Grey grabs one of the ropes, pulling it taut to test its strength.
RE: ...Into the Frying Pan [sw33t l00ts]
Junior walks in the room with the chests.

"I abhore the look of that uniform."

Junior looks into the chest and finds there are 5 more. He puts his face in his hands.

"I have to wear this don't I. Oh well." Junior takes a uniform and puts it on.
Rein looks at the contents of the chests before rubbing his chin as he thinks. "Each person should get a uniform and a set of bandages... That leaves one extra uniform and three sets of bandages... I suppose someone would use that crutch as a weapon in a pinch, but I'm not any good with large blunt weapons. These scraps of cloth don't seem all that useful... We can just have someone hold on to them and if they become useful somehow, spread them out among us."

Rein takes his share of a uniform and a set of bandages. He puts on the uniform and shifts uncomfortably. "I think it's a bit small on me..."

He does a bit of math in his head before speaking again. "So... with these extras... there's one uniform, three bandages, three books, the pile of cloth scraps, and the two lengths of rope. That adds up to ten, so I think we should each choose two items from these extras and the crutch can go to someone who can use it. I'll take a book and a set of bandages..."

With that, he opens the book and begins flipping through the pages.
Lolwut?
"Ill take the other two books." says Tanner crestfallen