Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)

Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)
RE: Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)
Congratulations! :D
[Image: 6LGz4x9.png]
Solaris is here
Great news Lankie!

Also great news Jacq and Sol!
I'm not tired today!
I'm going to see an acapella concert tonight, and my sister is visiting until Sunday!
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Iii finished the first draft of the manuscript I've been working on all summer! Now to work on editing!
[Image: 6LGz4x9.png]
Had my statistics interview for applying to Galvanize data science bootcamp today.
The programming interview was cake, because I already know Python just fine and have been programming for years and have a cs degree and all that.
Stats, on the other hand? Not really my strong suit. I never took it in college or anything. I've been guzzling down Khan Academy videos and stuff over the past few days in preparation - but it's a big topic and all. So I wasn't sure what to expect going in. I figured, maybe I'll do well enough, maybe I'll have to try again later. Hopefully I at least won't make a total fool of myself.

As it turned out, I did excellently, and I know this because the guy doing the interview said so. I not only passed, but I really impressed him.
(I should not have doubted myself, because in fact, I am really, really smart. I just forget that sometimes. Schadenfruit )
I have completed a working copy of my PhD dissertation, distributed it to my advisory committee, and officially scheduled my defense!

All of you are invited, with the caveat that I won't tell you when or where it is!
I fixed the bug that was plaguing me for 2 days. Bless the lord jesus christ the only son of the heavenly father in the kingdom of javascript fuckery.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
i'm gonna watch Over The Garden Wall with my friend tomorrow cause he hasn't seen it yet and i'm hoping that'll cheer me up
I finally used my chapters gift card from my birthday, and ordered three books!

So, on or around Sept 6, I will be getting the Welcome to Nightvale novel, Romeo and/or Julliet, and To Be or Not To Be (those last two are both by Ryan North btw). I am very excited!
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I have successfully defended my PhD dissertation
so understated

congrat
Grats

Grits
Hell yisssss
Yah know, Akumu, most high-schools will give you a sweet 1000 dollar bonus if you teach there with a PHd Winky(compared to, like, a bachelors). What would you do with all that G?
I finally got paid!
I also got paid!
Sig:
SpoilerShow
jesus christ i don't know how i did it but i might have actually found a place for me and my roommate to live with the half a day i had to do so

if this pulls through that's all my luck used up in one go but.... tentative good news?
i now have a job
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
(09-18-2016, 07:31 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »i now have a job

I like how you put that in this thread.

It's good not to lose sight of the fact that jobs create disposable income for *the future*.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
My presentation actually went well! I'm going to get a good mark!
Sig:
SpoilerShow
i've been starting to actually present as a woman and i'm never going to stop. it's nice to actually feel like myself

also not really good news or bad news, but it's related, so: it turns out i'm way more femme than i thought i'd be?? it's a good look on me, i can really rock a skirt. i'm gonna take more pictures eventually
two days later it still rocks