Interstice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interstice
Re: Interstice: Now accepting victims. I mean players.
Originally posted on MSPA by SomeShadyGuy.

Changed my character to something more interesting.
Originally posted on MSPA by stagnantAntler.

SomeShadyGuy Wrote:Changed my character to something more interesting.
Cheat, now I basically have no chance of getting in on this :P oh well, I guess I'll live
Originally posted on MSPA by Rufus.

I was thinking about changing my character too. Decisions, decisions

stagnantAntler Wrote:Cheat, now I basically have no chance of getting in on this :P oh well, I guess I'll live
But your character is more interesting than mine! [img]images/smilies/pc_bemused.gif[/img]
Originally posted on MSPA by MasterBlade.

I just yanked one of my characters from another game and put it here. Thats what the Interstice is doing, right?

SomeShadyGuy Wrote:But your character is more interesting than mine! [img]images/smilies/pc_bemused.gif[/img]
Ya think?

I was worried my bio might not have been detailed enough. Also I don't think there's much demand for characters that start up naked in most of these games. I really hope I get into this though, it sounds really interesting
Originally posted on MSPA by Palamedes.

Well I was hoping to have better idea but oh well.

Name: 'Kim'? Kind of?
Species: Holdslos Symbiont - a dangerous species created on a (now deserted and trashed) backwater planet on a backwater world. They have been ripped off by several successful survival horror movies in an attempt to play them off as fictional and declared as a 'make extinct as soon as possible' species by most civilized governments and organizations.

Description (physical): 'Kim', or 'Kimberly' if you must be formal, stands around 8 feet tall, a hight that while impressive on its own is slightly diminished by the fact that 'her' thin body can't support a straight up standing position for long and 'she' usually has to slouch down to a significantly less imposing 5 feet. 'Her' right arm is vaguely human, except for the fact that the hand's made up of two thumbs and four fingers, and 'her' right arm is pretty much gone barring some carapace along the shoulder. As for legs, 'she' has six of them and they are something of a cross between those of a bird and a lizard. 'Her' head is almost unidentifiable barring the definite existance of eyes and some sort of mouth, 'her' voice is barely feminine and gutteral, and the rest of 'her' body is a mishmash of scale, skin, and feather, with some light protection along most of 'her' joints.

Before being pulled into the Interstice, 'she' could also boast a decent pair of wings (of which the tiniest bit of their base can be seen), a large pincer attached to her left arm that she inherited from a massive breed of crab consumed several decades ago, and a tail. The last of those has already started to grow back significantly faster then the rest of her (as in, at all in the hours she's been in).

Description (psychological): 'Kim' is at heart a true Holdslos, and as such shares the species' primary interest: the combination of prominant, useful traits found in other species (almost exclusively via consumption) and surviving long enough to pass on the genetic structure gathered within them at the end of their 'elder' period (that is, when they stop being able to alter themselves via processing others). All else is completely secondary to those two goals.

Though not as important, it's still worth mentioning that Holdslos are interested in protecting beings they've identified as having suitable traits if they've realized that said being has either already been processed by the symbiont or the being has yet to reach their true potential (and would therefore be far more suitible for processing later). In addition, they hold some form of respect for anything that either defeats (and spares) them or saves/protects them in combat, judging them to be the stronger between them. Being judged as such means that a Holdslos will usually not attempt to consume them unless they have already died (in which case they will be honoured - via a pure processing, giving as much of a chance as possible for the honoured to alter the Holdslos consuming it).

Individually, 'Kim' has some rather unfortunate (as far as 'her' species is concerned) traits. Due to processing an entire enviromentalist convention early in 'her' existance (in fact, 'she' ate 'her' first human, who was ended up also leaving 'her' with an associated name and gender) 'Kim' was unable to keep all of their beliefs out and finds 'herself' unable to kill, eat, or even injure the vast majority of small creatures, and will often go out of 'her' way to actually protect them from anything fighting against them. In addition, due to being trapped on a highly civilized planet (where 'her' kind is shot on sight) 'she' began adopting a thick robe and the persona of an old woman, and will commonly revert to acting like that when put into unfamiliar or dangerous situations ('she' usually does not do a good job, as 'she' has never consumed a master impersonator OR an old crone). Finally, 'she' usually goes out of her way to make sure people know that 'she' does not really have a gender or name, but if necessary should be considered female and 'Kim' - even when trying to be discreet.

Skills: 'Kim' has picked up several skills from the species she has consumed, primary amongst these are the ability to fly (when 'she' has wings), higher than average speed and agility, the ability to easily climb up steep surfaces (so long as they are somewhat rough and not near vertical), and healing as well as minor regeneration (significantly faster in her tail, due to 'her' relatively useless ability to seperate it at will).

'Her' most unique ability is 'her' processing powers. 'She' will absorb traces of the genetic data of anything 'she' eats, the amount of which is somewhat controlled by 'her' as to try and get the best traits and abilities. At 'her' advanced age, 'she' usually has to consume several bodies of a certain type before picking up any of their traits, and even if 'she' does get something out of it it's usually random and 'she' might not get the desired ability (and it can take days for any change to come into play). In addition, 'her' size fluctuates with every being processed, as its size is averaged with every other creature ever consumed (this is the only change which always occurs). Though with the amount of things 'she's' eaten, 'Kim' is unlikely to change much sizewise. Of course, 'she' must eat whenever she's hungry, which causes 'her' to often process things 'she' doesn't necessarily want to.

Equipment: 'Kim' didn't have much coming into the Interstice (actually 'she' came out with much less then 'she' started, as 'her' particular activation was on the more human parts of 'her' right arm and torso, and unfortunately brought 'her' in without 'her' wings, tail, or left arm). 'She' does have 'her' cloak, however, as well as part of 'her' latest meal.
Originally posted on MSPA by Anomaly.

TWENTY-ONE HOURS AND TWENTY-ONE MINUTES REMAIN. HURRY WITH THOSE PROFILES, PEONS. I MEAN RESPECTED FORUMITES.
Originally posted on MSPA by Druplesnubb.

Name: None. Usually referred to as "that creepy parasite2 or "the mindcontrolled snake"
Species: Sentient brain parasite. It's host is a basilisk.
Description (physical): It looks like mycelium with the color of brain subsance. The Basilisk is a 0,5m long snake with rooster feathers and bird wings.
Description (psychological): While Sentient brain parasites are sentient (big shocker), they lack empathy and have no culture of their own except from what they learn from their hosts minds in order to blend in. So a parasite inhabiting a nonsentient nonsocial creature like a basilisk has very little in the way of teamwork, communication and language. It does however possess the ability of cooperation as part of it's problem solving repertoire and sees no reason to attack someone it can't infect (it can only infect creatures from it's homeworld) and isn't prey for it's host.
Skills: It can infect creatures from it's homeworld with it's offspring through bodily fluids. if someone ingsets the hosts brain matter it can move over to that creature instead, but will need time to fully take control of it. It can learn any instincts and knowledge it's host has and vaguely remembers what it learned from previous hosts if it switches (which is rare since the creatures of it's homeworld has learned not to eat the brain matter of anything).
Equipment: The basilisk (which I'm listing as "equipment") can fly short distances with it's wings, but it has to find a height to dive off of since it can't jump into the air. Unlike most snakes it's warm blooded and the feathers help it keep it's warmth. It has a deadly poison that immediately kills it's prey and can give many larger predators a slow and painful death. It also has the ability to paralyze those who look it too long in the eyes unless that is too overpowered.

TIME'S UP, PEONS.

I MEAN "RESPECTED FORUMITES".

THE JUDGMENT PROCESS SHALL NOW COMMENCE, TO BE COMPLETED AFTER AN INDEFINITE BUT FAIRLY BRIEF PERIOD OF TIME.

NO GODS WILL HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOULS IN THIS DARK PLACE.

YOU KNOW, PROBABLY.

So good luck, and hope that I'll never again use bold caps.
Re: Interstice: Judgment day has arrived.

A DECISION HAS BEEN MADE
And also, a decision has been hidden inside of a series of spoilers for added suspense. Here we go.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

Congratulations to everyone who got in, and apologies to everyone who didn't. This was not the easiest of decisions, after all. If you're really disappointed that you didn't get in, watch the thread for later opportunities to join. I will be sending out PMs to anyone whose profile I think needs minor modification (e.g. nerfing) or who I have other requests and such for. Be on the lookout for that.

The game will begin soon. Be ready for exploration, mystery, and a whole load of fun! Yeah, that definition of "fun".
Re: Interstice: Judgment has been passed.
Originally posted on MSPA by PepperYena.

Oh, it will be 'that' definition of fun.

But just plan 'fun' fun for me and Anomaly.[img]images/smilies/icon_heartbeat.gif[/img]

aww I didn't get in, that kinda sucks.
Originally posted on MSPA by BlazerC.

Awmygod, I made it!

This should rock, can't wait. Here's hoping to everyone having a "fun" time.

how do I keep getting accepted for these kind of things
Originally posted on MSPA by Rufus.

Aww, I didn't get in.

I knew I should have edited.

Oh well, might as go play the Sims. :P
Originally posted on MSPA by AmberIce.

D'aw. Oh well, I admit I didn't choose the most interesting character in the world. *runs off to find another forum RPG to play*

I bet I would have gotten in if I didn't change my character.
Originally posted on MSPA by Druplesnubb.

Do you have some specific reason why your previous character had a higher chance to get in?
Originally posted on MSPA by ProfessorLizzard.

Oh my. I didn't expect to get in. : o

Quote:Oh my. I didn't expect to get in. : o
I did expect to, but I didn't. I guess the way the game was introduced it seemed to me like my kind of character would have a better chance. So either the rest of the game is radically different from the introduction or the author simply decided to pick people at random.

THIS POST IS A DISAPPOINTMENT POST

Sorry about the delay in starting the game. Didn't intend to take this long, but suddenly I haven't had a lot of time to work on things. It should be done sometime in the next few several days weeks or so. Just thought I'd let you know that I'm not entirely dead.

Transdimensional travel takes a while.

SpoilerShow

[Image: IS4a.gif]

The beach of Iseka - normally an unremarkable place, devoid of any usual deficiencies in the laws of physics or other abnormalities, is for a moment engulfed in a blinding flash. Or it would have been blinding, had there been anyone around to see it. Six beings materialize unobserved except by each other, plucked from their home universes without warning. Fate has dealt its hand.

[Image: IS5-1.png]

Cor, a spirit of the currents. She can control the flow of the world. But perhaps the riptides of this broken land will prove too much.

[Image: IS6-1.png]

Eidell, the only human in the bunch. Although unsociable, she is quite mechanically proficient. Maybe this proficiency could help mend this land. Not a daunting task or anything.

[Image: IS7a.gif]

"Herbert the Magnificent", otherwise known as Salvio Divinorum. A floating plant with healing properties and perhaps a crippling sense of greed. If this land is not saved, his money will do him little good.

[Image: IS8-1.png]

Svedberg, a genetically-modified nurse. His apparatus can bring both life and death in quick succession. A bit like what'll happen if he doesn't help out here.

[Image: IS9-1.png]

Agni, Kali, and Indra. A three-headed hydra, each head bearing their own singular belonging. If a head is cut off, two more will grow - this is probably a metaphor too.

[Image: IS10-1.png]

Kim, an organism capable of absorbing the traits of the creatures it consumes. She will not have much time to do so at this rate.

Basically everyone's going to die if you don't get moving. That's the implication.

[Image: IS11.png]

As the beings look around in confusion, a bottle is discovered, glistening in the sands. There seems to be something inside.

MAP
SpoilerShow
Additional Note:
SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by Pharmacy.

Svedberg had considered crying like a little girl to show how he felt about being spirited away into some super gross island, but he didn't. I mean for starters, he already had a good cry (especially after that incident) and tear ducts tend to have a refractory period before continuing on the waterworks. Second, there were other people around why would he be crying that would be totally embarrassing he had a reputation to uphold.

Nursing is serious business you don't even know.

The Nurse tucks away his fairly moist towel away into his inventory and sheepishly shuffles over to the bottle in an effort to make himself look not-useless and look like he had taken initiative just like the war heroes he hear back at home (reputation). What was the bottle full of, no one knows. IT IS A MYSTERY.

Svedberg likes mysteries.
Originally posted on MSPA by ProfessorLizzard.

Herbert turned his planty gaze towards the ground, looking at th dragon flesh chunk.
"Oh no... Big Torque won't be happy about this." Dragons heal, but they tend to hold a grudge if you steal their bodyparts, accident or not. Oh well, at least he still has his credit card, planted firmly into his own soil.
Originally posted on MSPA by BlazerC.

Eidell glances around the immediate area in a state of panic, she soon notices the others around her but more importantly, her magic cannon somehow has been detached from her canister and placed firmly into the sand. While she has no idea what is going on, she knows the first thing is to fix that issue as soon as possible, so Eidell pulls the weapon out of the beach and quickly begins to check it for any signs of damage, turning her back to the group in the mean time.