Lucidstuck I

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucidstuck I
RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over!
> let him defend your house. He can stand outside but that's it.
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
I don't like this. I would like to take this chance to remind people we are in the land of cruelty and DECEPTION. doesn't it appear suspicious that all monsters in here are friendly?

>Lucas: do not let that thing near your house, one monster is enough.
(04-05-2016, 11:09 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »> let him defend your house. He can stand outside but that's it.

(04-05-2016, 11:17 AM)TerraTorment Wrote: »I don't like this. I would like to take this chance to remind people we are in the land of cruelty and DECEPTION. doesn't it appear suspicious that all monsters in here are friendly?

>Lucas: do not let that thing near your house, one monster is enough.

He's asking to follow Lucas around, not defend the house. He already said no to the house thing.
Lucas: trust your instincts, what do they tell you about this guy?

[Image: ayRZLG8.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: vgK9WDQ.png]

Show ChatlogShow

Renaldo has struck you for 75 damage!

[Image: PBjUhFn.png]
Show ChatlogShow

Azriel blasts Renaldo with wraith-fire for 102 damage!

[Image: BblwClm.png]

Lucas strikes Renaldo for 48 damage!

[Image: zXyrTyk.png]

Show ChatlogShow

1. Finish him off.
2. Let him go.
Okay guys, I don't know about you, but this seems like a huge huge mistake. Honestly, I think Lucas is wicked susceptible to Lil Mal, and him fighting more is only going to make it worse. A rule I should state is "Don't agitate unless the threat is prominent."

I'm gonna have to go with number two. Also, run the heck away while we're at it. He could be decieving us, but we're sure as hell not going to attack him after he's begged for mercy.
This Mal stuff is getting kinda annoying. Our supports don't need souls but Lucas isn't exactly support. He's a front-line combat class. His conjuration is already powerful sure but the guy is designed to be strong. To top it off we're in a land where it's reasonable to assume everything is a trick, being pacifistic and kind here is likely to get us killed and we don't even have a way for the others to come help guard Lucas while he makes his way back to his body.

Honestly, there is no safe choice. One risk death with little chance of revival and the other risk lunacy with Alice being the only one who may be able to come help.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MortonsFork

EDIT: > 1 If we're fucked either way might as well pick the path with some benefit.
(04-05-2016, 04:48 PM)Gimeurcookie Wrote: »> Don't attack them but keep your guard up. Tell Renaldo to get moving with their life in tact and maybe tell any other beings like himself to not attack you.

Seconding everything but the last part, it may be better to not spread news about your existence just now..

ps: OMG iP, you really did call him renaldo? XDD guess he looked way too much like one and you couldn't resist XD
I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c

Or go check LS's very own first fanadventure!

[Image: ZktuORS.png]

You can also see exclusive pics at my Patreon (including stuff for the next fanaventure, also LS based!) or tip me at my Ko-fi~!
The only reason Renaldo doesn't want to fight is because he is about to die. Unlike Nevil, who acted as if he would've left Lexii alone if he got what he wanted. Heck, Renaldo expressed an awfully clear intent to kill Lucas. You know, ripping his entails out and all. I say kill him.

>1

Edit: Not to mention that Lucas knew Renaldo was going to attack. He told him he thought he was an easy target after using his dawn powers, and Lucas brings this up again in the last panel; saying he going to attack him anyways.
Nah.
~◕ w◕~
>Lucas: Finish Him.
SpoilerShow
Let's carefully analyze our options

1) Finish him off: Lucas gets a soul and Azriel would level up, this would be good for survivability.

2) Let him go: the monster gets to live and could later be pacified/purified when we find out how to do that, Azriel doesn't level up and the monster could come back later for revenge, but then we might later run into Audrey unprepared, and she looks strong as hell.

then there's lil' mal...

I'm really conflicted as to what to do here, killing this monster when its pleading for it's life sounds like something lil'mal could take advantage of to take control of Lucas, the monster did attack first, but it was taunted by Lucas, so it could be said that Lucas brought this attack upon himself, and the monster had to be taken care of in self-defence.

on the other hand, we did spare Goryuk in Lucas' house, would it balance out if we killed renaldo? one spared and one killed.

I think as long as we don't go on a killing spree, what happened to Lexii won't happen to Lucas, so we should kill productively, only kill monsters that are an actual threat.

So what we could do is this: kill Renaldo and avoid future confrontations for a while, to avoid entering a killing spree, or not kill renaldo, and stay weak, but avoid entering a murder spree.

i'll very reluctantly pick option 2. it's not good to have so many monsters close to Lucas's house.

>kill Renardo and level up, but try to avoid any future encounters.
(04-05-2016, 10:01 PM)TerraTorment Wrote: »I'm really conflicted as to what to do here, killing this monster when its pleading for it's life sounds like something lil'mal could take advantage of to take control of Lucas, the monster did attack first, but it was taunted by Lucas, so it could be said that Lucas brought this attack upon himself, and the monster had to be taken care of in self-defence.

Lil Mal takes advantage of emotional weakness IIRC, Lexii's turning had more to do with why she killed Nevil as opposed to her doing it. Not saying Lunafication won't happen but I don't think Lucas is in a position where it's likely to occur. At least not yet (Mal stalking him is a sign that something is probably wrong but I'm not sure what).

EDIT: This guy remind anyone else of a potato?
Oh hey, it seems we've set up shop here while the main forums are down! Unfortunately I don't have time at the moment to get caught up on what I missed not finding this until now, but it's nice to see we're continuing without the forum!
Yuss! I managed to track this thread down thanks to a certain kind Fellow ^^

Okay, so if it's the Reason that we kill monsters that matters, then it's easy. We just need to claim moral high-ground and we should be fine..ish ^^

>Lucas: You said "This was not how it was supposed to go." Meaning you attacked fully intending to kill me. And judging by the looks of things this isn't the first time you've attacked something that looked weaker than you. Letting you go now would just mean you would become an even bigger thorn in my or someone else's side. Any last words?
>1.
Lucas: Finish him

[Image: ZFwA6UU.png]

Show ChatlogShow

Lucas strikes Renaldo for 50 damage!

[Image: 9Cb9Eyj.png]

Show ChatlogShow

Renaldo swings at Lucas for 70 damage!

[Image: J0Ja9oZ.png]

Show ChatlogShow

Azriel ignites Renaldo for 104 damage with a wraith-fire finish!

[Image: 9bdRC64.png]

Renaldo has been defeated. 1 SOUL is available.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: PrCcnz0.png]

Azriel the Wraith has leveled up!

Level 2

Str: 100 + 4
Int: 25 + 3
Dex: 40 + 3
Vit:135 + 5

Azriel earned wraith ward! Azriel can spawn blades made of wraith-fire for Lucas while unarmed. If Lucas has a weapon that deals fire damage, it's replaced with wraith-fire and gains a damage boost as a result. Azriel also spawns wraith-fire to Lucas' aid when physically struck to prevent any damage to him!

[Image: 2XWlOLF.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: uOvb7aX.png]

You come across the edge of the blood drop roses and find a steep sandy deposit hidden in the shade of darkness.
> Lucas: Have Azriel create some light so you can see better.
All right, I'm all caught up!

As for what to do now, uh, all I can really think of is:
> Is this the way to Alice's house?
>Lucas: Have Azriel scout out whats infront and down below.
SpoilerShow
Wait, that's a field of ROSES!? :O
...i honestly thought Lucas was casually strolling through waist-deep gore ^^
no, it's jello. That's why they call it the land of cruelty and deception.

Who would waste that much Jell-O???? It's a travesty.
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
(04-06-2016, 06:15 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »Wait, that's a field of ROSES!? :O
...i honestly thought Lucas was casually strolling through waist-deep gore ^^

He technically is...? those flowers are filled with blood XD
I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c

You can also see exclusive pics at my Patreon (including stuff for the next fanaventure, also LS based!) or tip me at my Ko-fi~!
There's a rock behind you. Stand on it to gain the higher ground.
~◕ w◕~
Author noteShow

Lucas: There's a rock behind you. Stand on it to gain the higher ground

[Image: qKyf0iW.png]

You climb out of the roses to get a bit more height on a nearby rock. Azriel's light gives better vision of what lies ahead.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 8gpPzvE.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: nFoMyjW.png]

You climb the steep mountain side as carefully as you can.

[Image: KKzvFIJ.png]

And... You safely make it up. You collapse from exhaustion, and Azriel does too for some reason.

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: UrY1biB.png]

Show ChatlogShow
I like Azriel more and more the more I see him. cute little thing ;A;

>Lucas: make sure to have a good look around before resuming climbing, wouldn't want anything to sneak on you.

(04-07-2016, 02:47 PM)intrepidPioneer Wrote: »
Author noteShow

Well this is depressing. Entire stories never to be finished or even seen again. A community scattered to the wind. So much gone in such a short span of time.

On a story related note, surprised not one of Lucas' conjurations told him the truth of what he lies to himself about earlier considering that seems to be their thing.

> Azriel: Arm yourself with that nearby piece of glass.