Cosmic Encounter - PBP: Deep Space Water

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cosmic Encounter - PBP: Deep Space Water
RE: Cosmic Encounter - PBP: Deep Space Water
Noted, done.

The cards... are stolen, compensation paid in full.

Current game state:

Granolaman, the Voyager

Hand: 0
Foreign colony count: 4
A: 7
B: 6,1

D: 1
VoyagerE:

Gatr, the Yin-yang
Hand: 9
A: 1,1
B: 3
C: 2,1
D: 1,1
E: 3

Coldblooded, the Laser
Hand: 11
A: 2
B: 2
C: 3
D: 1,1
E: 1,1

Robust Laser, the Reactor
Hand: 8
Foreign colony count: 3
A: 1,1
B: 1,4
C: 1,1,1,1
D: 5
E: 5

Cards on the reactor sheet:
None!

Jacquerel, the Tourist
Hand: 10
Foreign colony count: 3
A: 1
B: 1
C: 1
D: 11,1
E: 1

Cruise Liner: Orange system; 2

HYPERSPACE GATE

THE WARP:
C: 1

Cosmic Deck: 45 cards
Cosmic Discard: 2 cards
SpoilerShow

Destiny Deck: 1 cards
Destiny Discard: 19 card
SpoilerShow

Encounter #17: the Reactor.
Good news! I still have the cards I would have been most upset about losing.
I'm sure you're all delighted to hear that.
The Lasers are appalled at this unconscionable display of brutality against an unarmed foe, and they really ham it up all over the intergalactic news for maximum sympathy points. No one feels bad for them at all.

(03-01-2017, 09:52 AM)Robust Laser Wrote: »Hm. Might... might not be super happy about that. Really hope you've got another negotiate up your sleeve.

Yeah it's all good, I can still negotiate if I have to. (Thanks Jac!)
Regroup to B.
Regrouped. Destiny is drawn: Blue(Hazard)!

One of the ships in the cruise ship ships into the void.
If I was in charge I'd really do something about all these space potholes.
Hm okay before I do anythinf, Gatr do you have a negotiate
yeah.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
Cool. Let's win a thing. Sorry CB. Things happened.

One ship from my B to their B
I uh, still have the Quash card though?
Oh.

Alright cool I change to going after C and adding one more B, a D and an E

sorry Gatr
HYPERSPACE GATE
Offense: 4
Defense: Yin-yangC(2)

Reactor queued : inviting nobody

who shall Yin-Yang invite?
yeah this time i don't want to lose a colony so everyone is invited.
Order of acceptance of Defense Offer

1. Tourist
2. Voyager
3. Laser
I also don't want to lose a colony so I'll provide morale support, but no actual ships.
Go team!
3 from VoyB to aid the Yin-Yang
Welp, I guess I don't really have much stake in this battle either way, but I would kind of like a few cards to play with.

I send four ships to join the Yin-Yang. 1 each from Laser A and B, and 2 from C.

Also I fire the Laser superflare at the Reactor.
Oh by the way Granola, I know you weren't all that into the idea of joint-winning with me last turn, but I just thought you should know that one of the cards I stole from Jac was the Plague card.

So between that and the superflare, just know that if you keep trying to brute force a solowin, I can and will fuck up your entire deck basically the moment you draw a new hand.
alright so i actually got a few ships to join me? surprising.

anyways, full disclosure, reactor has an Attack30. i dont have much of anything, either. it's possible that Super Laser knocked it out but i was thinking of negotiating anyways. thoughts?

i have a lizard flare so we DO have a chance of overpowering reactor with reinforcements should he play that 30.
I'm fine with negotiations happening as long as nobody makes it to five colonies this turn. Like if you want to give the Reactor a colony in exchange for a couple cards or something I wouldn't have any reason to quash that.
HYPERSPACE GATE
Offense: 4
Defense: Yin-yangC(2) + Allies: 3 + 4

SUPER LASER is aimed at the reactor! 4 cards are blinded

Planning phase.
I'm typically okay with joint wins. What I'm not okay with is lazy-ass super alliances where someone tries to manipulate the game into a four man win by fate of the draw. It's the least loyal alliance building in the game because by definition you're betraying an ally to make sure you win, while you're pretending you aren't a scumbag for doing so because everyone else gets to win too (but especially you).

If you're gonna play this game treacherously, own up to it.
Since when have I ever been "allied" to anyone? (Well okay, outside of being actually mechanically allied to people on like every other turn of the game but you know what I mean.)

As long as I'm part of the winning team I could care less about who or how many other players I end up sharing the podium with.

It's only treachery if you LIE about being an opportunistic shitbag, and I think I've been perfectly upfront about that fact since the beginning.
(02-18-2017, 07:12 PM)Coldblooded Wrote: »I'm not suggesting a three way tie with anybody. Honestly my ideal world would be the one where everybody goes into the start of my turn with 4 colonies each and then we all just dogpile on whoever gets the short end of the stick in the destiny draw.

(02-24-2017, 12:01 AM)Coldblooded Wrote: »Sounds good to me, like I said earlier I've basically been going for a diplomatic victory all game anyway.

"Hey everybody, let's all just get along in peace and harmony! And also make sure that I win by screwing one of you over, but I won't say which one so everyone keeps their hopes up and invites me along for easy colonies!"

Diplomatic victories are like the one you guys pulled on Chocopi, where you and your ally found a way to joint win via clever negotiations. The strategy outlined here is betrayal disguised as diplomacy. Be honest, if you'd drawn Blue you'd've fucked over Gatr a mere turn after feeding him this pipe dream of yours.
Granola if your definition of betrayal is "straight up telling everybody exactly what you plan on doing and then doing it" then uh yeah, I guess you've really got me there.

Also no, if I'd drawn Blue that turn I would have offered Gatr to negotiate a colony for colony trade. So I guess it's everybody else that I would have been fucking over in that case but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯