We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
Gungeon reminds me of Spelunky. The moment-to-moment gameplay's different, sure, but the feel of 'em are similar. Death comes quick unless you're careful; good players can get through without taking damage or buying much, but good drops can be the difference between floor 1 and floor 4; the specific challenge each stage poses is random but predictably so; lots of little secrets to find. It's good! Not everyone's idea of a fun time, of course, but if you have the opportunity, give it a

shot
Roguelikes are my jam so yeah I really like Gungeon. It's a lot more difficult than Issac I'd say, the drops are like Jaq said few and far between and HP upgrades are a lot rarer. In Issac so many items synergize with one another that it's pretty common to eventually snowball out of control. Whereas in Gungeon since most of the items are there own secluding things being different guns, synergies are way less common.

'Course I've sunk like 800+ hours into Issac so of course I think it's easier.

I haven't played nuclear throne in a while. My fav is still

i didn't know David Bowie was a playable character
Sort of video game related Ratchet and Clank is a terrible movie and I was a gosh danged fool for ever hoping to believe that it wouldn't be
That's really disappointing to hear. I had high hopes. Looks like Scott Pilgrim will maintain its title as best video game movie despite the obvious handicap.
[Image: 6LGz4x9.png]
Wreck it Ralph was a better movie than Scott Pilgrim
Scott pilgrim is a comic movie anyway
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
(That's why I said 'the obvious handicap.')

That said, I'll put up no argument re: Wreck-it Ralph, though I personally find Scott Pilgrim more enjoyable.
Honestly i love them both, but Wreck it Ralph is my second fave movie probably ever, so.
Oh, sure, Wreck-it Ralph is up there for me too. I'd commit several unspeakable acts for a Mario-Kart-level kart racer based off of Sugar Rush.
I got to monitor a room full of highschool seniors during our testing week. I brought a few movies but Wreck-it Ralph was the near unanimous choice to watch.

Spoilers below!

I love the consistent theme of "being true to yourself" in that movie. And it really shines in the final scenes with the main antagonist. Turbo/king candy has tried to reinvent himself so many times. Turbo's identity was "I am the best." He was so wrapped up in that idea that he rejected who he really was at the expense of others. He rejected himself in order to be "the one on top." And, at the end, even when he was far stronger than he had ever been - he kept switching faces because he still - fundamentally was at chaos with who he was.

Contrast this with Ralph, who starts off the movie with a similar conflict - he wants the Nicelanders to accept him, but because they don't accept him, he can't accept himself. The hero's medal he searches for is, to him, the physical proof that he's more than what people say about him. By the end of the film, we see a character who has accepted who he is, despite what others might think. He falls, presumably to his death, clutching the make-shift medal and chanting the villian's creed. He's come to terms with who he is.

How freaking universal is that!? How many times have you found yourself trying to change who you are (or just the appearance of who you are) because of others? I know I do it constantly and it NEVER feels good. Mantras like "be yourself" are so overused that they border on meaninglessness for the people who really need them. It's incredibly refreshing to see a movie that puts forth such an important message in a unique and engaging way.

--------

ALSO Wreck-it Ralph was released alongside Paperman, which is BY FAR my favorite Disney animated short.

Let's be real, Wreck-it Ralph is a great movie but Paperman is a work of art.
(05-05-2016, 07:44 PM)The Blue Avenger Wrote: »Oh, sure, Wreck-it Ralph is up there for me too. I'd commit several unspeakable acts for a Mario-Kart-level kart racer based off of Sugar Rush.

I love the jerk teens who refuse to let the girl have her turn at the game.

"Get outta here! We're gonna play ALL day!"

Who are these highschool boys that have COMMITTED themselves to being hard-core Sugar Rush champs? Even at the expense of arcade courtesy?

I want to know their stories.
I wasn't actually that enamoured by paperman but I guess it's just because I've got to the point where I feel like I've seen so many twee student animations about awkard het romance that even one more professionally produced (although that's also the plot of half of the other pre-movie shorts) doesn't do anything for me.
(05-05-2016, 08:13 PM)btp Wrote: »I love the jerk teens who refuse to let the girl have her turn at the game.

"Get outta here! We're gonna play ALL day!"

Who are these highschool boys that have COMMITTED themselves to being hard-core Sugar Rush champs? Even at the expense of arcade courtesy?

I want to know their stories.

You know, now that you say that, they certainly don't seem like Sugar Rush's target demographic. It must just be mechanically superior.
Paperman is good for this gif only

[Image: a95cbb4b0477c9b7d1b5784bcb65dcb1.gif]
You must be registered to view this content.
I almost never see movies in theaters, so every time there's a New Cool Animated Short or even a New Bad Animated Short all I get is secondhand info. The way that pretty much every single major animated movie, which I almost always do get around to seeing, is fundamentally tied to some other work I only secondhandedly know about... is weird, I guess. Not a problem, really, just weird. I should just track 'em all down and watch the lot of them.
You must be registered to view this content.
I would have loved to have one of those. In my classroom, I had a TV that was mounted on the wall right over my desk. I ended up nailing my head on the VCR while standing up more than once.
I got this

[Image: argh_zpswcq5nog2.jpg]

far into an infinifactory level before realizing the fatal mistake in my machine and i think i need to start from scratch
That's a lot of factory but I wouldn't quite say it's "infini"
so I never planned to preorder Overwatch. I tried it; I had fun, but
shit.
All the new starters are perfect precious babies and if you disagree then I'm sorry but you're wrong, them's the rules and I don't make 'em
They're pretty adorbs. (one of them is literally an adorb)

I'll reserve judgment til' I see their evolutions. Legendary Moon bat look pretty cool!
im so glad that theres two Edgy Pokemon announced already and that im being so very catered too
Standing here, The way ahead's becoming clear
All across these new frontiers
In my hands I hold the ones I love
Walk forward through the cold dawn
Always to new horizons