Tiny Chat People

Tiny Chat People
RE: Tiny Chat People
(12-30-2017, 10:02 PM)Jacquerel Wrote: »If we're going to stay alive, which we should for the meta reason of "it would be a shit way to end the story" if nothing else, then we should justify our existence.
We can make things better, so we should. We should care about the well being of all of the cats, not just the ones that happen to be ones we made.
Averting any cat from being harmed through avoidable conflict is very difficult to the point of probably being impossible, undermining the authority of the other gods who would intentionally send them to die and harm others in battle for reasons that do not materially affect the cats at all by using our cats as diplomats is a real moon shot plan, but it serves a means good enough to justify our existence.

If they got themselves in danger trying to do the right thing after we were gone then frankly, I'd count that as a success.
What's the point of us otherwise?

You make a fair point.

The only real problem with using the cats for diplomacy is that we might need a controlled environment to convince the other teams (using Windy's Teaching skill to teach them things and perspectives their gods might not have - like cult deprogramming), and we don't have the catpower to capture and contain everybody else's cats at once to do that. If we try to do it right in front of their gods they'll just get orders to stop our cats.

Had we not brought Wax into the equation, I might say Macaron would be a good ally for this plan. She doesn't seem like the type to enjoy the fighting either. The possibility of recruiting both Marzu would have been there too. 3v1v1

It's not a bad ambition, but I'm not sure it's a realistic goal anymore.

(12-31-2017, 03:11 PM)Fellow Wrote: »I'm still not gonna make commands since I've fucked up enough, but I'm gonna drop my two cents on this situation.

We could, I think, turn this into a 4V2.
Marzu doesn't want to team up with Rein because he unsettles him. But if we can team up with Macaron and Rein, Wax would have to join Grind's team. And Wax seems to be a rather unpleasant person. Not just because of how he acted towards us, but also because Macaron didn't want him to enter the game. With luck Marzu might be willing to team up with Rein just to avoid being stuck with Wax.

Despite my reservations about Rein, this idea does have some sense to it. I'm just not sure yet whether it's worse to be on Wax's team or against Wax's team.
(12-30-2017, 09:50 PM)Dark Lord Graham Wrote: »
(12-30-2017, 09:16 PM)SeaWyrm Wrote: »I don't know how we can find that out short of sending our TCPs to meet them.

The remote control spy robot I created for situations where sending our TCPs to gather information might be risky?
Bluh, you're right, this isn't even hard. We're a god!
What we can't do so easily is get THEIR TCPS to be friends with OUR TCPS if we don't send them in person. But I guess we should consider the option of, like, sending remote-controlled full-body robot lookalikes or something.

(12-30-2017, 09:50 PM)Dark Lord Graham Wrote: »I cannot think of a reasonable excuse to eat somebody. If you have an alternative narrative I'm willing to hear it.
Off the top of my head? Natural predation. If you don't like that, maybe it was self-defense. Or maybe Wane watned to be eaten for some reason. We don't remotely have the full story. Heck, maybe Rein did it and framed Spit.

But this doesn't even address what Chwoka was saying, which was that Spit isn't going to be directly impacted by this fight one way or another. It doesn't matter if there's an excuse.
(12-31-2017, 05:47 PM)Dark Lord Graham Wrote: »Despite my reservations about Rein, this idea does have some sense to it. I'm just not sure yet whether it's worse to be on Wax's team or against Wax's team.
No one is going to ally with just us besides Wax. So the only scenario where we ally with Wax is where there's three two man teams. I don't imagine the other two teams would be too fond of us for calling in Wax, so we'd have a semi-2V4 on our hands.

Also, even if it might be good for some other person to team up with Wax, Wax doesn't really want us to win. I'd say it's unlikely that he'll give 100% on our side.

It occurs to me that fighting the other teams might not even involve too much killing. Tcps aren't violent in nature, as we've seen with Fernando. Another team might just
come up to use all teary eyed trying to guilt our tcps into leaving us.
(01-01-2018, 04:45 AM)Fellow Wrote: »It occurs to me that fighting the other teams might not even involve too much killing. Tcps aren't violent in nature, as we've seen with Fernando. Another team might just
come up to use all teary eyed trying to guilt our tcps into leaving us.

I mean that's essentially what our plan is so it's not impossible.
(01-01-2018, 04:46 AM)Jacquerel Wrote: »I mean that's essentially what our plan is so it's not impossible.
Whoops my bad, I'd imagined the diplomacy thing to be something that happens before any tcps start pointing weapons at other cats.
frog-crime unleashes human form - incredible!!

[Image: 6O4aLCj.gif]
On The Frog-Crimes Killing Knife front, how would that Work, Given we're a Collective consciousness? Does it kill One Self At A Time, or All Of Us At Once? Maybe, if All Else Fails, we can use it to give ourselves an attitude adjustment, Impromptu Surgery Style.
(If so, it's a pretty slick Power Play.
"I Am Dedicated To Changing Myself for the better, By Any Means Nessesary"
"I do Not Believe You"
"Just Watch"
And Then We Behead Ourself. We're a Hydra, We're Good For it
"There Goes The Me That Was Way, WAY too into Polka. I'm Good For More. Any requests?")
Heck, if it Does work like this, we can claim that's why we made the Knife in the First Place, Unaware that it would Spawn Them For Other Players. For them, It's Self Removal. For Us, Collectively, It's Self Improval.

Though, granted, for it to be a Singular Self Killing Knife, it'd need to actually remove someone's ability to affect the game, so, I dunno how that'd work
Woops, lordly already said everythin' that i would have liked to say but im still leavin this cus damn it i spent like 10 minutes on it
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
(01-01-2018, 04:28 PM)Myeth Wrote: »...

I think Marzu doesnt have many qualms against us, so im sure we'd be able to convince them as well (though with more difficulty), but my main concern is Grind.

Honestly dont know what to do with that dude, seems like the type who wouldn't listen, but would also want to see proof as well :y

Well, for the purpose of still getting out of here with an alliance, there's no need to convince both Grind and Rein.
wait crap, yer probs right, but best to get off on the right foot just in case we somehow win and have to see em again in another game, right? While yeah, we only need to ally with one of em, we'd still need to be on good terms with the other (being Grind).
SpoilerShow
So, I have an idea....
If all we've heard about Spit is hearsay, why don't we just google Spit?
Tubes can go into an 'Ascended form' to connect to the internet. IDK what will happen, but we could just google Spit and find out ourselves what happened, from primary sources.
(edit: though uh, we've heard from three separate gods that Spit murdered two other gods, viciously, and that it was a major thing that was bad. in a legal court it is hearsay, but, there's probably a reason nobody is comfortable with Spit.)

Aside from that, 2v 2,2; 3v3 or 3v3; 4v2 or 4v2, 3 v2,1; etc, trying to get teams to go rogue (and now everyone will have teams since the limit is at max), Prophet, politicking, trying to keep the kitties safe and not endanger them, etc etc. It's a lot of stuff we need to consider, and at the end of the day one person refuses to cooperate with others, and all sides say that their hard decisions are the right ones. Even Wax is saying that this game is meant to teach how to make hard choices as a god. What I'm assuming that means is that as a god we have people underneath us in a hierarchy, and it is our duty to both give them their orders, and to do what we can to make sure they have the best life in return.
Wouldn't googling spit just turn up stuff about, well, spit? Like how googling macaron would turn up stuff about the meringue.
i slide in carrying forbidden knowledge
(aka kitet has given me the okay to start sharing some concepts/references that i do on other social media (or other places))

here's the official concepts for wane + wax, wane still needs colors and i forgot to include heights for them on the sheet, mainly because i don't want to figure out how fucking big they are on a numbers standpoint
SpoilerShow
(Hey guys do we know if Wane is apart of the story yet? I cant find anything about her, but i'm probably just being blind.)
SpoilerShow
Wane was one of Spit's victims and thus is dead and doesn't have any effect on the story apart from that Grind's vendetta against Rein is based on Rein's relationship with Spit.
Well if that's the case then it actually seems possible for Spit to actually of cannibalized Wane and Velvet in self defense, because, you know, Wane seems pretty violent, but probably not.
SpoilerShow
okay i'm gonna go whip up refs for the whole taverne pantheon here because i think we need to uh, elaborate on some things
Woaaaah, thats really cool!!
SpoilerShow
I think y'all should probably reread the Rein convo. Spit's being a bad person isn't in question, the debate is over how to deal with that. Unless we're thinking that every other god is misinformed or lying, even then though, I'm not sure how we'd act on that.
Well even if it does turn out to be an unsolved murder mystery it isn't something that we will have to deal with until/if we actually become a god of the pantheon and if kitet actually decides to continue the adventure after the game finishes anyway.
SpoilerShow
(01-01-2018, 11:33 PM)mortis Wrote: »okay i'm gonna go whip up refs for the whole taverne pantheon here because i think we need to uh, elaborate on some things

I'm also gonna start working on, uhhh... a sort of "recap" post listing all the things we've made, taught, and been told. I need to update my own notes, anyway.
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
(01-01-2018, 11:36 PM)Kanelel Wrote: »I think y'all should probably reread the Rein convo. Spit's being a bad person isn't in question, the debate is over how to deal with that. Unless we're thinking that every other god is misinformed or lying, even then though, I'm not sure how we'd act on that.

Yeah I don't know where this line of thought came from, even Rein thinks that Spit did some really bad shit.
My understanding was that Rein is of the opinion that Spit can be coached into not being awful, whereas Grind just thinks we'd be better off rid of them. Nobody thinks that Spit isn't awful.

But as Spit isn't in this game they aren't going to be hugely materially affected either way, unless the reward (is there even one?) for winning if you are already a God is much greater than I imagined.
here's velvet, RIP sweet bean

SpoilerShow

(gonna be posting these as i make em bc theyll take a bit, but expect a height lineup when they're done)
Tiny Cat People Stream Sesssion Part 1: Good Boss

A brand new session, with a brand new attitude

(but you still have to catch them all)

and be the best that you can be
another taverne greater god: alloy

SpoilerShow