The thread for flipping shits (and tables)

The thread for flipping shits (and tables)
RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables)
Holy moly living in a foreign country is fucking confusing

Things I need to get done ASAP, but probably won't do before skipping town for a fortnight to go on holidays with the boif:

1) extricate old, broken washing machine from house, bring in probably-just-as-old, still-functional washing machine in its place.
Difficulty: manageable. Would take one weeknight where a friend can help me haul stuff around.

2) pass driving school exam on Saturday.
Difficulty: Apparently I'm gonna find this one a cakewalk. Apparently.

3) Actually get a license.
Difficulty: pain in the ass even if I do clear the driving exam tomorrow. I have to go to the Driving Centre in Miyazaki City and sit a written test, and if I pass the test I do a practical exam and get my license if I pass that. The Driving Centre is only open weekdays. The test is conducted in the morning. This entails catching a bus into town the night before, staying with friends, and commuting to the driving centre and hopefully not completely wasting my damn time. Because there are classes next week, I'm unlikely to do it before the vacation and it'll need done once I'm home again in early August.
Also, I'll need to take one of my limited days of paid leave.

4) Buy a car. I've already arranged to buy one off another ALT.
Difficulty: Do not try without expert supervision and better-than-middle-school level Japanese reading comprehension. I require six forms, from about three different locations, and it seems like for half of them I need to have the other ones first. They all require presenting at a different shitty institution that is also only found in Miyazaki City and probably only has weekday office hours, so there's an extra day's time off lost.

5) Set up internet, because thus far you've been splitting the bill with your neighbour and she's leaving start of August.
Difficulty: Why the fuck are you doing this now when you have a week before leaving the prefecture for a fortnight. Also, you don't own the property you live in so they're gonna call the head of property, so good on you for having a nice chat with the people in question in the office and appearing really genial and polite!

6) There's almost definitely a six, I just cannot fucking remember what it is right now because I have so much crap on my plate.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - by Schazer - 07-11-2014, 08:21 AM