We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
Yeah, I phrased my point badly. I'm not using different background levels of societally ingrained homophobia in two different countries as a justification for why you can get same-sex marriage on the Sims but not on Tomodachi Life; it's an [i]explanation[/u] as to why we see what we see in the finished products. It's an explanation and it's a shitty one that results in a shitty outcome.

Sometimes you get a "why" and you need to look at it and ask "is this bullshit". If yes, then it's necessary to point out that it's bullshit so people don't use it as precedent when trying to twist an explanation into a justification?

And yeah, I know that grumbling about how it's only "socially palatable" progress that gets to enjoy progress is somewhat tangential, and I was really only interjecting there in particular because I fundamentally agree with the opinion that Nintendo (somewhat unsurprisingly, very disappointingly) dropped the ball and for some reason I wanted to stick my oar in. Kind of in the same vein, I shouldn't shit on progress when it happens (non-heterosexual orientations in the Sims) but I should be allowed to point out "here's another subtle, insidious bias at work"?

I dunno, I probably shouldn't be nitpicking when I do, at the core, agree with most everyone else about this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - by Schazer - 06-22-2014, 09:42 AM