Murder By The Book - Ender's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 8: The Seven Habits Of Highly Dead People

Ok y'all have some tunes to vibe out while I rant for a bit

This is just excruciating/exasperating so here we go, laying stuff out for everyone's benefit. At this stage, there is a lot of stuff that I am extremely paranoid has reached the mafia's attention, and they aren't wanting to bring it up further so they can use it to their advantage/D9 victory.

I am Susan X. XXXX, the LOVE DOCTOR. I write the full gamut of works pertaining to love. Loving yourself, relationship advice, sex tips, whatever. It's all my jam. I can keep someone up aaaall night Winky (with my writing, you deviants), keeping them bright and perky and alert to any threats which might swing their way.

---

But enough about me, let's talk about the game! We're currently at 8 alive and in some kind of situation which isn't MYLO or LYLO, but a mislynch will toss us into a N8 where town could emerge in deep shit. We know for a fact that situation isn't three scum alive, because that's just straight-up MYLO. The most plausible explanation then is two scum and a survivor. In the event of a mislynch today and a nightkill tonight, that leaves six alive on D9. Assuming that the Survivor is not being a douchebag and is playing to win, hard-numbers wise they've got an obligation to side with the two scum, hang the vote, let the clock run out, and let scum kill a townie and win on D10.

The town could, at the D9 MYLO juncture, beg the survivor to work with them, but that means the Survivor has to help hammer one of the scum, whose partner is then well and truly justified in killing the survivor N9 out of spite. Also, as a player who was scum in Quarantine, that's a really dick move on a Survivor's part when victory is technically available following a D9 mislynch.

--

Sotek, Sotek, what the hell were you thinking Sotek? I mean, from your limited perspective of not knowing there was potentially a survivor (which, fair guff, I hadn't considered either), when you heard at day8start about the weird gamestate, you and your lover being the cause of it was the obvious conclusion. You wouldn't have been concerned about the implication for town if you had any doubt your lover was scum, and if you were scum it wasn't even worth mentioning because you'd never let your townfriend die. That's how I figured you were town. However! Whether it's six alive or five alive D9, three scum is still too many and two scum on their own is too few. The presence of a lover pair is actually irrelevant assuming best Survivor play. The only difference is that with regular death, it's a N9 scum+survivor victory, and with a lovers' death, it's a D9 scum+survivor victory.

---

Right now, D8, if the survivor doesn't reveal and we get a mislynch, the survivor's more or less won provided the scum don't accidentally shoot them tonight. My suggestion is this: Survivor please reveal, help us lynch scum today, I protect Sotek (sorry, I am still town) and eat the kill, and y'all can lynch the last mafia tomorrow.

All things considered, I think this causes the least confusion and gives town the best game plan leading into tomorrow.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by Sotek - 03-07-2014, 06:57 AM
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by Akumu - 03-08-2014, 03:38 AM
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by seedy - 03-09-2014, 06:04 AM
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by Nova - 03-09-2014, 10:17 PM
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by Gatr - 03-11-2014, 01:30 AM
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by Gnauga - 03-13-2014, 02:26 AM
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by Nova - 03-13-2014, 03:34 AM
I AM THE HEADER KING - by Nova - 04-03-2014, 01:58 AM
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 8: The Seven Habits Of Highly Dead People - by Schazer - 06-01-2014, 12:52 AM
RE: Murder By The Book - Ender's Game - by Sotek - 06-17-2014, 04:53 PM
RE: Murder By The Book - Ender's Game - by Sotek - 06-17-2014, 05:10 PM