Murder By The Book - Ender's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 1: Murder on the Disoriented Express
I think, all things considered, I'd be somewhat ok with "randa"lynching the Amos-slot.

---

Susan assures Anona the horses in her works are merely window dressing, figures of speech. Painting pictures with words and the like, before sighing at Ms. Bryant's spitting match with one of the luminaries. Honestly, Susan appreciates a brave face as much as anyone would in a situation like this, but there's the cool optimism that instinct will hammer the instigators in rapid succession, then there's healthy scepticism, then..... whatever this is.
She perks up at the talk of Gargle-Blasters, though.

(@donut) "Mr.... Adams? Unless I'm terribly mistaken? I'm curious, if you wanted either of the two "Probably [...] Looked At", what would that entail? Would you want one lynched?"

She's perusing Anona's notes all the while, yawning a little. "'scuse me. I was expecting to doze off listening to some of you regaling me about your latest works, not staying up until the small hours figuring out who among us is trying to kill us all.

I mean, I personally agree with [Slorange] in principle! My limited experience with murder mysteries - oh don't look at me like that, we've likely all read them before - tells me that written well, in the preamble anyone could be the culprit! It's only once a few facts get established that we can narrow things down, ask the right people the right questions."

The novelist falters a bit here. "Granted, how these affairs tend to go is that someone dies tonight, but I won't deny I'd rather not contribute to the death of innocents. It comes down to an ethics debate, obviously, whether inaction makes me as large a culprit as willingly contributing to lynch someone who turns up innocent."

"I'm not seeing any behaviour from anyone to date to warrant stringing them up, so I'll Vote to No Lynch and retire for the evening."

---

Final note: If Eberron flips mafia, I want Sotek looked at. I think we all feel like the day's not leading anywhere, so that vote of Sotek's feels like something that they could use later to implicate their "innocence" if Eberron is mafia and is revealed.

(For the newer folks: Putting votes on scumfriends when they're not liable to get lynched is a thing scum can and will do! If they put a vote on and otherwise progress the lynch enough that the scumfriend gets lynched, that's "throwing them under the bus" or "bussing". Mafia trying to look like town may have to do that if their scumfriend is doing a bad job at not looking evil, because ignoring an obviously scummy dude isn't a town-friendly thing to do.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by Sotek - 03-07-2014, 06:57 AM
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by Akumu - 03-08-2014, 03:38 AM
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by seedy - 03-09-2014, 06:04 AM
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by Nova - 03-09-2014, 10:17 PM
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by Gatr - 03-11-2014, 01:30 AM
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by Gnauga - 03-13-2014, 02:26 AM
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by Nova - 03-13-2014, 03:34 AM
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 1: Murder on the Disoriented Express - by Schazer - 03-21-2014, 02:07 PM
I AM THE HEADER KING - by Nova - 04-03-2014, 01:58 AM
RE: Murder By The Book - Ender's Game - by Sotek - 06-17-2014, 04:53 PM
RE: Murder By The Book - Ender's Game - by Sotek - 06-17-2014, 05:10 PM