"Seriously brain, what the hell?" A Thread For Weird Dreams and Nightmares

"Seriously brain, what the hell?" A Thread For Weird Dreams and Nightmares
RE: "Seriously brain, what the hell?" A Thread For Weird Dreams and Nightmares
I had a neat one just before I woke up this morning. It started out with the conceit that I was reading a webcomic for the first time; the story was about a gang of kids and teens who live in an abnormally huge truck, the general dress style was "90's kid pirate-punk" and really it was more like a giant housebus interior elevated up on a hugeass truck.

Anyway, perspective shifted and I was a Typical White Bread Male Protagonist who'd just clambered aboard this thing, and for some reason the captain (badass seventeen-year old lady with dreads and a mercenary attitude) had to offload everyone. For some reason. And drive off even though these kids, her family, were chasing after her and giving up. I was in the passenger seat and had weird cognitive internal-dream-logic dissonance because I recalled that I was reading a webcomic and I always cry at sad shit in fiction, but I was also in said story? Either way, I was crying because this was a hard and painful decision for everyone.

Cast summarily trimmed, we drove aimlessly around streets that were definitely inspired by north-west Christchurch suburban streets until we pulled into a convenience store car park, where a few of the captain's lieutenants managed to catch up and pile in. This truck is huge, by the way. I climbed into the cab and it must've been two and a half metres up.

We then drove south through what was definitely Christchurch; on reflection it was the same road through Ilam the Orbiter bus takes when going anticlockwise from Burnside High to Canterbury University (Plaid'll know what I'm on about). We dodged around a lot of traffic that the hugeass truck definitely could've ploughed through (except for one Giga-Hummer who was driving on the wrong side of the road). As we approached the university, we drove on the wrong side of the road because there were giant tubes of paint emerging from the middle of the road, we swerved to avoid a massive glob of paint falling on us, and ended up on the wrong side. We ended up running over identical pedestrians but I think they were a gang?

Then we were driving through the actual university (which is bisected in real life by a main road) and the main administrative building was at the end of this road at a t-intersection. Captain Badass Driver Girl was yelling happily about the fact that "we're off the rails, so we're going to have to drive straight through it", which makes no sense, we're a truck not a train. The centrepiece of said administrative building (which does not exist in real life) was a revolving glass doorway big enough for our truck to pass through, so we did. Lots of breaking glass and then wondering "how long would it take for the cops to react to this and start chasing us", right before I woke up.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Seriously brain, what the hell?" A Thread For Weird Dreams and Nightmares - by Schazer - 02-20-2014, 02:23 AM