Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
RE: Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Three: Forgotten Whispers]
[Image: darksun1.png]

(01-01-2014, 09:37 PM)Supernerd Wrote: »Selphy scans for a target with the heavy rifle. Failing to find an obvious place to shoot she instead fires the rifle at the back wall of the internal room. If Lucid were to be especially unlucky as well as actually being behind the wall at the time, the bullet would pierce through the wall and hit her.

Selphy would then go on to say "So... Anyone need a ride?"

You shoot the wall! The rocks groan a little, dust falling from the ceiling. No corpses mysteriously appear out of thin air. (hit 6+6 Vs Defense ??) Well, thats a shame, but atleast you seem to have acquired a number of passengers.

"Should i land, or will the stepladder do?" Torhald asks.

(01-01-2014, 11:44 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »Watson emerges from the smoke cloud, his sword having disappeared back into his hat where it belongs. He coughs a bit but ceases and dusts himself off. This is going to be tricky.

He sees a short woman who seems... otherworldly. Divine, if you will! Watson is utterly confused at this new woman's appearance. Is he supposed to know her for some reason? Oh! Of course! She's the scary young woman with an undoubtedly illegal, weaponized airship! He'll have to talk to her later.

"Why yes, we would! But pardon me, some things I must attend to", he says as he turns back around to speak to the rest of his fellow... where has everyone gone off to? He look

"Well... there does seem to be an undead assassin running loose! Wouldst one of you attend to..."

Watson confusedly gestures, waving his open hand in front of him.

"...him or her?"

He looks around.

"Bohw! You look to be in splendid condition to do so and not at all angry! Would you seek her out? I must... assist Nos."

Watson begrudgingly takes out his Vase and resumes the painstaking task of getting Nos the enchanted water he needs.

You feed Nos some more water, healing him for 100. He seems to be getting steadily better.

(01-04-2014, 04:10 PM)BlazerC Wrote: »Mayor looks suddenly more relaxed as Bohw regains control of her body. Briskly, he walks over to Nos and Savannah, both of them look as they are in terrible condition. Grabbing his Mayoral Sash for comfort, he prays for their health... no, he doesn't pray, he wishes, he wishes with all his soul that they will live.

Bohw suddenly breathes out sharply and raps on her forehead to focus herself. That time wasn't... too[i/] bad, she thinks to herself, letting herself willing lose control was reckless and she should of never done it, but in the end it was the only thing between Echo and...

She looks up and gauges the situation, the enemy has fled, people are hurt and that girl with the airship is here for no explicable reason. Taking control, Bohw gives out orders to hurry things along. "Mayor, gather Nos, Watson, Taran, standby on guard."

Bohw then turns to the Airship Pilot, she isn't about to forget a face like that, especially since this is the second time she's pulled them out of the fire. "And you, I am in one hell of a debt with you now." She smiles, a smug, yet grateful smile. "We need to get to the city as soon as possible, alright Selphy?"

As Mayor approaches Nos and Watson, the light from his sash dims, and Nos seems to be breathing remarkably easier now. He could probably wake any minute now, though how Mayor knows that he isnt really sure. He picks Nos up anyway, carrying him towards the airship.

Meanwhile Bohw gets to the business of shouting orders. Taran takes up position, watching the cloud of smoke in the center of the room for anyone emerging from it. Nobody does.

(01-04-2014, 04:37 PM)Frolic Wrote: »Myra steered right around to the doorway of this new room as soon as she caught sight of so much blood. After taking a moment to calm down, Myra sends out a telepathic message to all of her comrades, "[i]Hey, I followed that Echo person's magic, but it flared up and collapsed within itself in this room I'm currently in. All that appears to be left of her is a pool of blood with traces of her magic surrounding it. She may have been killed, but there are fresh Cultist corpses in here, too, so I'm going to check this room out. You guys should get a head-start on getting out of here; I'll catch up when I'm ready."

Having given the essential information to the others, the ravenfolk begins looking around the room for oddities, including magical traps, as well as any items that may be on or around the corpses. She especially looks around for something to contain what Myra can only assume to be Echo's blood. She may be able to use it for something, especially if that witch is still somehow alive. If all else fails, Myra will pluck some feathers of her own and soak them in the blood before storing them.

Looking closer, you see that the many different statues in the room appear to actually have moved around - they were probably animated. Judging from the positioning of many of the cultists and the sorry states the statues are in, you estimate that the cultists fought a battle here and won, but opted to leave their dead behind. Atleast, nothing living is moving around other than yourself.

Spotting a nearby stone shelf that has mostly collapsed in on itself, you see something shiny beneath a pile of rubble and a thick layer of dust. It turns out to be what is left of a golden goblet. It is missing the foot, and is badly crumpled. Though you dearly doubt that the thing is still capable of holding liquid, its the best you have so you give it a try. It turns out to be able to hold a small amount of liquid - anything more simply trickles out. A rather unwieldy solution, all in all.

(01-05-2014, 01:14 AM)SupahKiven Wrote: »Savannah huffs, slowly standing to her feet. "It's good everything's over, I suppose." Seeing that Watson is helping out Nos at the moment, she takes a step back and gingerly touches the spot where Lucid's knife struck her. Hissing in pain, she recoils and grabs her injured bicep, blowing air out of her nose as she waits for the stab of pain to die down. "Okay..." She stoops down and picks up her healing wand, firing off a charge into her arm and sighing. Savannah spies the knife that got her and picks it up vowing to return the favor if they saw that ninja bitch again. "...Now what?"

Surprisingly, as soon as Mayor walks past you, all your wounds are suddenly gone!

You're left dumbstruck for a moment. What even just happened.

---

Razan steps out into the grayed-out sunlight, casting a healing spell on himself. He looks up to Selphy, speaking.

"Please, We require transportation to the city of Nirthrid as quickly as possible. How fast can you bring us there, if you have the wind at your back?"

Stats
SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
RE: Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Three: Forgotten Whispers] - by chimericWilder - 01-05-2014, 04:24 PM