The Garrulous Urgency (Round 1: Rocky Falls)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Garrulous Urgency (Round 1: Rocky Falls)
RE: The Garrulous Urgency (Round 1: Rocky Falls)
WOW FUCK THAT GUY

"Auros?"

HE HAD THE GALL TO ORDER ME AROUND. I WILL MAKE HIM BOW TO ME BEFORE THIS IS OVER, MARK MY WORDS.

"Yes, O Great Auros! He will surely pay for this injustice!"

ONWARDS THEN.

"Where to?"

UM. IN THAT ONE CAVE OVER THERE. NO NOT THAT ONE. YES THAT ONE.

And so, Auros and the carriers went into a cave. Light poured out and filled the lower segment, causing ants to screech and run away.

HAHAHA SEE HOW ALL THESE POOR FOOLS RUN AT MY MIGHT.

They trudged through the tunnels, but it was slow going. Suddenly, a low rumbling started. The ceiling cracked, and pebbles fell on them. Fortunately, they were slowed down by Auros' field.

"Auros, we must turn back! You are increasing the mass of the rocks above us! This cave is going to collapse!"

NO.

"Auros, please forgive me for my insubordination, but if the cave collapses, we will all die, and you will be left alone, unable to move."

FFFFFFFFFFINE. LET US MOVE OUT. WE WILL SEARCH FOR A STURDIER ENTRANCE.

As they doubled back, the cave collapsed in an eerie slow-motion, speeding up as Auros left. The Carrier on the Back Right stumbled, her skin pelted with debris expelled from the cave-in. She was bleeding a sickly green ichor. But she took the pedestal on her shoulders and moved on. She would be strong. She had to, for Auros.

---

Auros and company trudged up a knoll to a rather large entrance that looked sturdy as well. The Carriers were having difficulty bringing Auros up due to the increased gravitation. Fortunately, however, Auros was being uncharacteristically patient. Silent, even. The Carrier on the Back Left, long since stripped of her name, chose this moment to contemplate Auros' situation. Now getting on in her years, she had known Auros the longest. They were in a battle to the death, huh? Normally, she would have absolute confidence Auros would win, but there were other powerful beings. She would have to temper Auros. Prepare him for what was to come. No more whimsical tasks. Someone had to take charge. She sighed.

---

The Carrier on the Front Right, also known as the Young One, was pissed. Damn that Beast! How dare he besmirch Auros' rightful place as Ruler of All That Ever Was and Will Ever Be! Front Right exerted his rage into lifting the pedestal up above a steep hill. His face drew back in a grimace, and he was close to tears. He would kill everyone who got in his way, no matter how "powerful" they claimed to be. No god would ever be able to stand up to the Great Auros.

"Young One, are you having difficulty? We can switch if you wish."

Front Left had one handle on his shoulder, looking confident and capable. His muscular shoulders bulged, easily handling the burden. It made him even more furious. Why did Front Left have to be so much better and stronger than him? He was the rightful leader of the Carriers, not this smug asshole. He glared.

"No. I can handle this, thank you."

"What's wrong? You seem angry."

"Oh, really? Maybe it's because we're in the middle of some random land, with false gods threatening the might of Our Auros!"

"Be quiet. That's an order. And calm down. Auros will be able to beat them, and we will be there to help him. But you won't be able to help him like that. Let me take over."

Grumbling, Front Right stepped aside.

---

Auros was deep in thought. Which was unusual for him, he had to admit. But those caves. The way his light trickled over the stalactites, creating deep shadows. It had reminded him of that place, way back on Araes. That place where he was... born? He didn't know a better word for it, but the organic equivalent of life-creation would have to do. He remembered nothing before. He had thought he was alone. That made him the strongest entity around, and he was pleased. But this Beast brought him to this strange place, and proved him otherwise. There were many strange beings. Several looked like wimpy tiny versions of the Agrons. They would prove no problem. But, there was Urur. The sky.

The first time he saw the sky, dark as it was, he felt free. Agrons had scurried around him in a frenzy almost too fast for his immortal mind to follow. He looked down on them, and he breathed. Light poured out across the wide expanse, and they bowed down in worship. He was not alone. He would spread the light.

He looked up. The sky was very different here. It was a light blue, with fluffy white clouds swimming across it. It was so alien to him. And he didn't like it. He would have to kill it.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Garrulous Urgency (Round 1: Rocky Falls) - by Gatr - 07-21-2013, 03:29 AM