"Seriously brain, what the hell?" A Thread For Weird Dreams and Nightmares

"Seriously brain, what the hell?" A Thread For Weird Dreams and Nightmares
RE: "Seriously brain, what the hell?" A Thread For Weird Dreams and Nightmares
Went somewhere pretty interesting on my last sleep cycle before I woke up yesterday morning.

Down in the lowland meadows of a rather hilly island, along with my extended family. We were doing chores in a vaguely-Japanese-style lodge house at the bottom of the hill, and a track led up to what was ostensibly the God of Doors' house which overlooked a ford on a wide riverbed. The river had a cliff on one side and flowed out of a hugeass tunnel. This river also went pouring off a cliff just below the ford. I think we were holding a marriage ceremony in the riverbed, which meant the constant waterflow was really problematic.

I was looking for the God of Doors, so went into his house. It was composed of two small square rooms attached kind of askew to each other, the front one was wood-panelled and low-ceilinged and full of glass cabinets with little silver animal skulls and glass bottles and keys and feathers and other weird curiosities laid out in 'em. The back room (accessible via sliding door in the wall opposite the front door, there might've been a corridor lined with bookshelves I forget had a sauna room except with more bookshelves in. My uncle and aunt were in there and I was definitely embarrassed to have walked in on them, even though I had no real reason to be.

I go outside to the riverbed and I'm told that I have to ask the river's local goddess to do us a steady. I have to beseech her in Japanese, which seems to satisfy her as I'm reciting her praises and the riverbed dries up. Some kind of maintenance worker starts driving along the dry riverbed, up against the cliff face, putting down cones like it's a hazardous area and we have to stay a certain distance from the wall. This somehow opens up the area above the riverbed, which is now a natural staircase to the upper part of the island.

There are white hotels here, and really lush lawns. I can't name architectural styles for beans but I guess these buildings were Spanish Colonial. Smooth white walls, red trim around oddly-shaped windows and planter boxes. My brain must've registered that reality was getting screwy, because I ignored whichever direction my family was heading and tried to make my way back down the river to the old wooden lodges.

This is kind of what the God of Doors' house, and the riverbed where we were supposed to have the ceremony looked like. Everything was a heck of a lot sunnier-looking, though. Also natural earth colours rather than whatever the fuck I've drawn.

SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Seriously brain, what the hell?" A Thread For Weird Dreams and Nightmares - by Schazer - 06-22-2013, 01:23 PM