The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]

The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 6:Doomish Temple!]
Originally posted on MSPA by Schazer.

While the Organizer gave Gestalt a tour of one side of the chamber, Vyrm'n gazed, as far as it was possible for her to, absently at the opposite wall. Gestalt had understandably been more preoccupied, but sensed the Faceless radiating a silent plea for attention and passed the speaker over.

Vyrm'n clutched it in a pseudopod, recalling the last time she'd spoken through one of these. What she'd asked. Whose permission she'd asked for. Vaguely aware that Gestalt still had a hold on the speaker, the shadow shifted on the spot a little.

"Show me your battle." Unlike Gestalt's synthesised, inconsistent voice, Vyrm'n's was flat. Distant, too, and not just in her recent gloomily distracted tones - the source of the voice sounded strained and staticky, like a message from beyond the stars.

Although Gestalt couldn't help but hope Vyrm'n wasn't going to say much more through it, the Grandmaster was not similarly affected. The Organizer cocked Clara's head to one side.

"Did you mean... my conduit's?"

The schrotgolem couldn't fail to immediately see the implication of this query; it took most of its effort to not relieve the inscrutable, hopefully deliberating Vyrm'n of the speaker. There was a long pause, by Gestalt's reckoning anyway, before the silence was broken by a quietly emphatic "no."

Clara grinned, followed by a burst of excited applause as she made for the doorway back to the central chamber.

"I thought you'd never ask! Still, if I do say so myself, my one's far more exciting than the one this lady and weapon guy's friend are in. Right this way, am I right?"

Vyrm'n made some kind of spasmodic twitch which was enough of a nod in the Organizer's eyes. The nun strode off with a spring in her step, a scrap of cloth mentally prodding the Faceless as they trailed behind.

How did you know?

Know what?

Gestalt would've stopped in its tracks at this point, were it human. Instead, it mulled over Vyrm'n's reply, conceding that it seemed genuine.

That whatever... deity Clara is channeling is one of these battles' orchestrators?

This time, Vyrm'n actually stopped in her shuffling tracks, though considering their guide had halted in the narrow passageway, taking in the desecration which was the sixth chamber, it was understandable.

"Did you two do this?"

"No," Gestalt replied, hastily snatching the voice modulator off the still-ruminating Faceless, "though Vyrm'n sensed it occurred after our arrival. Perhaps if we knew what was-"

"already on it," chirped Clara, picking up an indiscriminate chunk of rock and contemplating it, stroking her chin, as it spun slowly in midair. For now, Gestalt was more interested in Vyrm'n, and motioned for her to say whatever was on her mind.

The Faceless was trembling a little with the effort required to keep herself coherent; though Gestalt was vaguely aware of the semisentient energy permeating the temple it couldn't appreciate the pulse and flow of it, which was presently drowning out and making a mess of Vyrm'n's flow of thought.

I guess that makes sense. I didn't think about it then. But 'no' just seemed like the better answer.

With a snap of an ever-listening mind shutting out the world, the schrotgolem was dismissed. It seemed if it wanted Vyrm'n's attention, it wouldn't be for long stretches of time. A quiet chuckle prompted the crates to reorient, and enter the ruined chamber. Clara, surrounded by a veritable shield of floating rubble, dropped it with a clatter at Gestalt's entrance.

"Did you-"

"Oh, yes." Clara looked jubilant. "This is just all kinds of schemery... why, it's almost war! I- I think. But this'd almost certainly upset the Director, if only he knew! Do you think I should tell him?"

"I-"

"Or is it poor scheming to ruin someone else's scheming?" Clara frowned, thinking over the quandary for longer than Gestalt thought strictly necessary, before perking up and fixing the spirit with another smile. "That's hardly your problem, though. Did you want to see my battle?"

"I... certainly," conceded Gestalt.

"Excellent!"

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by btp - 10-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Sruixan - 10-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Schazer - 10-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 6:Doomish Temple!] - by Schazer - 10-21-2010, 07:00 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!] - by GBCE - 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM