The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]

The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 2: Destructo World!]
Originally posted on MSPA by Schazer.

Vyrm'n simply stood there mutely as it consented to let Gestalt seek out the bellowing impurities from the darkness and siphon them away, out of sight, out of mind. When the golem's task was completed, the Faceless merely replied, thank you. Every single particle of its being said it, and Gestalt acknowledged it.

The Sunset is requesting your assistance, Vyrm'n. I suggest you listen.

The Faceless refocussed on what the Sunset was saying. Now that it was in a much better state of mind, free of the taint of erroneous matter, it was able to much better consider the Balancer's words.
To be truthful, Vyrm'n had been simply been borrowing words from the Balancer's mind in its desperate bid for survival. Although it knew the Karmist was a formidable foe; its true present, and only, motivation for action was to depart in one piece from this world, into the (hopefully mercifully simpler) next.
To the Faceless, Samuel was a lesser consideration. Still, it was starting to get rather tied down with all of its obligations. It still had its vow to make sure Maxwell survived this; anybody else was peripheral to this goal. The Faceless decided to seek out Gestalt's counsel. Do we help him?

We? Our alliance is for the purposes of mutually assuring the other's survival, and for me to assist you in eliminating the conjurer. My only goals are survival, and discovery. As fascinating as it would be to observe a fight between two beings whose power is obviously highly disparate, I fear that act of discovery would jeopardise the execution of my other goal.

Oh. The Faceless processed that. So that would be a no for fighting the Observer?

Unequivocally. Gestalt seemed to be tossing up saying something else, then spat it out. I would recommend, if you are interested in your own survival, Vyrm'n, that you would be in accordance with me.

Very well, replied the Faceless. After a pause, how about Samuel?

If the schrotgolem was getting irritated by Vyrm'n's lack of initiative, it did a good job of hiding it.

Between the two of us, Gestalt mused, I believe - I believe we are doing reasonably well at stymieing his attempts at procuring power. As long as we keep him distanced from death, his powers are limited, correct? Vyrm'n agreed. Then, again, there is no need to engage in a deliberate attack. We may be sympathetic to the Sunset's goals, but we will not lay our lives on the line for them. Gestalt immediately amended that as Vyrm'n's consciousness conjured up the pair of them on some sort of void-breaching tightrope-That is to say, we are not willing to risk our lives in fighting him actively.

Vyrm'n seemed satisfied with that, and requested the schrotgolem pass the Balancer a string bracelet; which wrapped around one of the iron fingers and made contact with the super-gripping palm, before tying itself into a ring with invisible hands which went over and under and through.

With some audibility issues, Vyrm'n answered the Sunset through Gestalt, so the golem could hear:
We will not risk our lives to take down your foes, though we will support you in other matters. My ally Maxwell may provide an explanation as to how I am able to prolong your life; and Gestalt and myself seem well capable of causing Samuel plenty of grief.

The Sunset seethed within with frustration; it wanted nothing more than for Vyrm'n to join its cause, and thought the golem must have swayed Vyrm'n's opinion. As the ally of its potential ally, though, the Balancer could do little about Gestalt. Still, the genius being able to unlock the mystery of the Faceless' void; and prolonging the Sunset's life enough to hopefully defeat Samuel, at least, was some consolation.

The Sunset declared, "VERY WELL. I HOPE YOU RECONSIDER AT A LATER DATE," as the Faceless brushed off Gestalt's link and reached out directly for a one-on-one with the Balancer. He raised his gun a little as the dark hand stretched out, but let it rest upon the mess of coils and purple which was the core of the Sunset. Its voice flowed through the suit again; cool, but with no trace of that desolate emptiness which held in it somewhere the promise of new life for the Balancer.

Sunset the Balancer, I... do not understand why… your song alone, sings ever more stridently, in sight of the void. I thought I heard from you… but perhaps I was wrong… a homecoming. An ancestral cry. The hand slipped away, one finger remaining gently to let one last thought slip through, before it too receded into the dark. A smile accompanied it.
Perhaps I misheard that, but, regardless… I hear me singing for your victory. This, my kin, I cannot mishear.

Vyrm'n then gathered up the repacking boxes and their contents, encasing them in darkness, before sliding fluidly through the hole in the floor and landing below safely with its contents. The Sunset watched through a blast-induced window as the boxes extricated themselves from the darkness and the two beings exited the funhouse, heading for Cabaret.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by btp - 10-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Sruixan - 10-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Schazer - 10-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 2: Destructo World!] - by Schazer - 10-16-2009, 02:50 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!] - by GBCE - 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM