The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]

The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 1: The Labyrinth Field!]
Originally posted on MSPA by Schazer.

Vyrm'n cast away the last soul, Omega; and backed away from the precipice. The memory of its callous ravenousness faded from the Faceless' mind as it glanced about the field.

It didn't feel commanding or triumphant or even murderous; it was simply tired and perhaps sickened with itself, though it did not understand where the sensation sprung from. Vyrm'n had never regretted before, neither with the gore of its victims dripping from its form, nor in retrospect.

Vyrm'n did another thing it never had before; it justified itself in its own mind. This is for the better. I destroyed them without looking for gain; and to prevent another from twisting their existences into a mockery of the nurturing, gentle spirits they were.

Besides, Maxwell said it was a figment; a copy; not the original. Really, I am fit to do as I please here.

At that point, Gestalt reappeared and hurled Maxwell away. Vyrm'n was about to leap to its partner's aid, but something stopped it. Knowing the forces required to dash a human's head against a surface; Vyrm'n assumed Gestalt would have been more than capable to open Maxwell's mind to the rest of the field. Yet, it did not; simply content to toss him roughly but not forcibly aside.

Vyrm'n stared at the pile of boxes, trying to ascertain what was going on. Some...thing materialised, Vyrm'n saw it not as a physical manifestation; but rather a whole extra row of strings being added to Gestalt's orchestra, if you will.

Nu-Gestalt screamed soundlessly at Vyrm'n; it caused no physical pain for the Faceless but nonetheless discomforted it.

Eventually, Vyrm'n had enough of not being able to respond. It redefined itself so everything about it commanded Nu-Gestalt to STOP. The duality halted , though not in its constant stream of misery and pain. Vyrm'n pulled out the knife it had kept of Gestalt's; once the golem saw it and reclaimed it as its own Vyrm'n was able to speak more directly to Nu-Gestalt.

Yes, I consigned the guardians to the void.

No, I cannot bring them back. I destroyed them because - because they are fated to die. Not necessarily by my role, but they are. This plane, and the other, are both a simple figment; a copy of a construct imagined up by the Observer.

He brought you into being; and if the eight of us had departed without affecting any of you, he would have shut off the light of this world without second thought or remorse. We are all his playthings, simply your kin had the burden of thinking you were sacred; that your place here was hallowed and indelible.

You are wrong. I would have let you be; but you became the playthings of us, the Observer's playthings again. Thus I destroyed you all to prevent one amongst us from growing powerful enough to wreak more havoc on the next world we are sent to.

I know it must seem like selfishness and self-preservation on my part; and I know these last words of mine simply encroach on your goodwill; but please at least take them in.

If your death was inevitable, at the very least my path prevented you from causing more harm; more pain.
Nu-Gestalt made no reply, Vyrm'n loosened its hold on Gestalt's knife. Perhaps I was... too swift to judge your character, and it is still no justification of my act... but I thought... you would have preferred your final role to be to save lives; not destroy them.

Vyrm'n dropped the knife with an inert clatter at its base; and said no more.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by btp - 10-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Sruixan - 10-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Schazer - 10-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 1: The Labyrinth Field!] - by Schazer - 10-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!] - by GBCE - 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM