The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]

The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 1: The Labyrinth Field!]
Originally posted on MSPA by Schazer.

Vyrm'n - no, the Faceless held the last remnants of being that were Epsilon, Eta, Zeta, and Iota. Shutting off the world around it, the dark being fled to that eternal corner of itself; unreformable even after being cast through the crucible of its first contact and devouring of sentience. This unfathomable uber-night was the last remnant of the true Faceless - the one undefined by the petty abstractions placed upon it by sentience in an attempt to know it, and leave it dissected in front of them on the table; understood and dead inside and out.

Vyrm'n itself did not understand how this darkest corner of itself functioned, only that it posessed this duality within and to examine it too closely would be to invite the destruction of the fragile construct defined as Vyrm'n. As such, that facet of the Faceless simply commanded the shadow's physical being, closing the black fingers round the weakly crying souls; plunging them into a void which was so eternal and uncaringly boundless that the spirits scattered into a comparitive nothing.

It was painless, clinical, and despairing for the four guardians as even their physical existence collapsed into unimportance after staring into the Facless' emptiness.

And so it was for Vyrm'n. It saw no other way to swiftly destroy these beyond any hope of repair. It assumed that even Samuel could not encroach that void without losing the part that was Samuel. Vyrm'n's soul sighed, and restored its authority within the black. It turned to Maxwell tiredly, and plucked Kappa, Lamda, Mu, and Xi. As it absorbed the orbs into its darkness, Vyrm'n's consciousness flicked briefly against Maxwell's.

If you think I gain pleasure from this, you are wrong. The part of me which has this capability is a part incapable of pleasure as you experience it. It is... the piece not even humanity can take from me. I use it now... as a tool for my survival... and yours. Nothing more.

Vyrm'n leapt into the sky, climbing swiftly. Maxwell thought he heard the orbs wailing already, and was certain of it as Vyrm'n let gravity act upon them and they fell swiftly to the ground with a dopplerised scream and crunch. Vyrm'n gathered up the black souls within each, before standing by the orb-caked wall and wrenching the lid off the void again. There was a whimper, a star-speckled hand closing too tightly to contain anything in it; then all that remained was the ringing in ears of a remembered death.

Maxwell looked at the next four lining up for plunging into that void. Omicron, Pi, Rho, and Sigma. After them, Tau, Upsilon, Phi, and Chi.
Lastly, Omega.

Show Content

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by btp - 10-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Sruixan - 10-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Schazer - 10-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 1: The Labyrinth Field!] - by Schazer - 10-08-2009, 07:56 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!] - by GBCE - 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM