The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]

The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 1: The Labyrinth Field!]
Originally posted on MSPA by Schazer.

Show Content

Vyrm'n stretched out an arm again, so Maxwell could catch his thoughts.

I suppose... you must be right. Reccxer is human; I presume... yet he defies the laws of your own universe. The magician, Samuel, Galus... they are all your species also; yet their existance and circumstance is inconsistent with your comprehension of the universe. Vyrm'n paused, thinking harder than it'd ever really bothered to before. Five "humans"... and three very different constructs. What made the... Observer choose five of your kind, then three amongst all the others that must exist amongst all the universes. That would mean... uh... hmm...

Maxwell may have tired himself out again, but he had almost heard the crunch with which the Faceless' train of thought had ground to a halt. "Either there are far more universes with humans; or... the Observer has a certain favouritism."

Maxwell sensed Vyrm'n getting pensive. If it is... favouritism, as you say; would that mean...

"He's human? Somehow, I doubt it. Well, actually... perhaps. Maybe a long time ago... cripes, this is too much to have to think about... Anyway, doubtless he's far transcended that definition by now."

So... is he a god, then? The silence that followed that question fell like a great, thick, choking cloth over the two of them. Maxwell decided it was best not to think about it, for now.

"Well, what do you think of... this, then?"

It is a circle of resurrection brought by the promise of pain and sacrifice.

"Um, I meant the fact the symbols are from my universe, but not my time."

Oh. Vyrm'n stoppepd to think about it. Do you recall what the Observer told us in the void?

"Um, *turns to the page he'd written it down in his notebook* 'We've been entered in a fight to the death/ I must admit, this isn't the most original idea, but it was too good an opportunity to pass up/ Here's how it's going to go/ There's going to be a number of rounds/ Every round one of you will die, and I'll give you a new change in scenery. Sound good/ Any objections/ Too bad/ You get no choice'...
That's all on this page, was that what you wanted? Hold on... 'the most original...'
Oh, well that makes sense now." Maxwell put his notebook away.

How so?

Maxwell tried smiling a little at his own epiphany, but the truth was cold comfort. "A battle of this nature has been done before; and now the Observer is trying it for himself. See, 'I must admit'... He makes no excuses for unoriginalities; this is pure sport for him. Doubtless this world-" Maxwell waved an arm around "-is the creation of some, most probably human, mind. The Observer saw fit to pilfer it as the first act of our tragedy."

Maxwell suddenly experienced the strangest sensation of darkness slipping quietly and intangibly through his mind; before the feeling disappeared just as quickly and Vyrm'n gave off a feeling of satisfaction. "Was... that you?" Vyrm'n agreed.

I found the word you were thinking of... I believe is was "clusterfuck".

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by btp - 10-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Sruixan - 10-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Schazer - 10-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 1: The Labyrinth Field!] - by Schazer - 10-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!] - by GBCE - 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM