The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]

The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 1: The Labyrinth Field!]
Originally posted on MSPA by Schazer.

Vyrm'n watched the two men talk like it wasn't there, like the Faceless was a thing, not worth their effort to consider as a being capable of some emotion. Again, its experiences, rather than its actual emotions, told it should be offended.

I am resentful, it thought to itself. Rights must be wronged, that is the way things are done. Satisfied with that train of thought, The Faceless continued to follow their conversation.
At the mention of the Sunset, Vyrm'n consciousness flicked in its direction, however it struggled to catch Samuel's words. The Faceless' decision was made. The two men would die, and Vyrm'n would see to it personally.

It turned its assessment to the greater field around. Sprinting towards their present location was a man with... a stick of bread? Along with many other odds and ends bumping and lurching behind him. Vyrm'n assessed the man's posture, his speed. That was not a man coming over to greet a rival, unless in his parts a "hello" was a knife between the ribs. Now where did that come from, Vyrm'n thought with some confusion. I don't even have ribs.

Either way, this man is either coming to kill me, or the two I have to kill. Unacceptable.
The Faceless still had some time before the man showed up, so it considered the best course of action. It would be easier to kill the two now, but Vyrm'n did not know what powers were manifest in the pair. Although the pillar of night no longer understood true yearning in its heart, the closest thing it had was that long-departed memory of its brethren it soared with along the edge of the universe. That was enough to make it think nothing was more valuable than its own survival; to win this "Game" and find a way home.

Well, it wasn't thinking of home, it only got as far as winning the "game", but that was enough. Its arm flowed out one more time and it extracted a fourth line of words from the earth, forcing the soil to relinquish the Faceless' thoughts.

<I WANT TO GO HOME>

That done, Vyrm'n rose, flowed over to the conjurer, and tapped him on a shoulder again. This time, he did not draw away his hand, but reformed the eyeless face and stared in the direction of the oncoming Professor.

"He doesn't look too friendly, does he?" Biting his lip, Cabaret glanced up at the motionless Faceless, and added, "Well, thanks for warning me-" Cabaret's words were caught in his mouth as Vyrm'n suddenly liquified and started flowing up the Conjurer's legs in splashy leaps, encasing him in darkness. The conjurer touched the flowing shadow experimentally, then exclaimed, "Oh! It's rock-solid. I see, you're trying to protect me! Good on you, Vyrm'n-" before breaking off uncertainly as the Facless slithered up his arm, locking it in place. "Hold on, I think that's far enough, I can't fight without my arms..." Vyrm'n ignored him, and slid up his chest.

Cabaret realised with horror this creature was thorough; every time he exhaled, it shifted a little closer, always encasing him perfectly. The logical thing here would've been to conserve his breath, but he paincked and started screaming at the top of his lungs. Vyrm'n took no heed and paused its ascent around Cabaret's neck, sliding the rest of its bulk around the cage to thicken it and stop Cabaret's struggling.

By the time Vyrm'n began the last dash, the conjurer had run out of breath, although he put in a good effort to stymie the Faceless' progress considering he was only mobile from the neck up. Avoiding the face and all its awkward holes, the Faceless slid up and over Cabaret's hair, over the chin, down over the eyes...

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by btp - 10-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Sruixan - 10-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Schazer - 10-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 1: The Labyrinth Field!] - by Schazer - 10-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!] - by GBCE - 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM