The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)

The Battle Majestic (Round 4 - Magpie Skies)
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe)
Originally posted on MSPA by Schazer.

SpoilerShow

Sen had little comprehension of Wolf's words, but the reaction to his researcher-given name was evident. Head cocked to one side, the Tender gave enough movement to let Wolf relax a little. Recalling something about the niceties of civil introductions, Wolf continued.

"Good! I-I'm... uh..." Wolf was unable to find an adequate end to that; he finished rather unsatisfactorily, "Wolf." That'll do, I suppose...

The Tender's only response was a inscrutable twitch of the head; Wolf had no idea whether it was a tic or an acknowledgment. He tried again, simplifying a little. "Sen," he murmured, pointing at the Tender with a flick of his snout. "Wolf," he followed, motioning at himself.

Hrruuuf, Sen purred. It was a reasonable effort on his part.

"Y-yes, that's right, Wolf!" Wolf's tail waved a little as he felt cheered on by this development. "Sso, Sen, whu-what do you th-think... of thiss... uh... co-compuh-battle?"

A blank stare, followed by; Hrruuuf. Sen walked off. Wolf deliberated for a moment, then decided to follow the green beast, through the town hall, down the stairs, into the square. The canine couldn't help but notice the bite taken from one of the trees; he glanced with some trepidation towards the long-limbed creature walking ahead of him.

Sen cast his eye up and around, studying the layout of the colony planet, looking for something. Opposite from the pylon from which the fake sun was suspended, the Tender spotted a large region of green; segregated tidily off from the buildings around it. The fact its ground was a 90-degree angle to that which Sen and Wolf currently stood on did not particularly phase the Tender. Turning to stare meaningfully at Wolf, then up at the patch of green, Sen's posture changed imperceptibly as he launched into a tidy trot, leaving the town square and heading for the large park.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Majestic (Round 1 - Bubble Universe) - by Schazer - 01-20-2010, 08:44 PM
[No subject] - by Ixcaliber - 03-10-2013, 04:51 AM