The Battle Royale S2 [Round 4: Burnination Studios]

The Battle Royale S2 [Round 4: Burnination Studios]
Re: The Battle Royale S2 [Round 3: Endymion]
Originally posted on MSPA by Schazer.

“Suppose it’s just the two of us, then, darling?”

The Charlatan grinned his brazen grin to the deserted control room, knowing full well the Composer hadn’t followed him. Without missing a beat, the green-clad Grandmaster sidled to the nearest keyboard, smacked a few keys, frowned, and tossed the banks of monitors into the emptiness above with a flourish.

The Charlatan had just got them all gracefully suspended in mid-air around him, when his co-host’s arrival was heralded with the creep of bone-chilling, unblinkered, universal loathing. Mustering a grin beneath to match the one on his mask, the Charlatan turned.

“Hah. And I thought I’d escaped your frigid clutches.”

The Composer just glared past, attempted to scorch a scornful gaze through, or (on mere principle) disapproved of, the Charlatan. Behind him, a screen flicked spasmodically between a hazy desert and a burnished metal moon.

-----

“Welcome to Endymion. An artificial moon, it was created as a futile quest by a legion of arrogant mortals, who attempted to defy the laws of their universe and assemble here a perpetual motion device.

They were ultimately unsuccessful. Their desire, devolving to obsession, to personally maintain the machine-planet’s workings blinded them to the original intents of their project. The Sons of Endymion were forsaken by their kin, left to fend for themselves on their tiny world.

Abandoned, the inhabitants persevered until stability was reached. Its purpose; shifted wildly from the device they originally strived for – yet between the sun and the stars and the planet it danced around, Endymion, its machinery, and its children found balance. Perpetuity."

"I have now torn this planet from the perfect needle’s point it spun upon, and sequestered it in a dimension of its own. The systems making this place habitable for humans will shut down in due time as a consequence. You have until then, at the latest, for the round to end.”

Show Content

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Battle Royale S2 [Round 3: Endymion] - by Schazer - 05-14-2011, 10:14 AM
[No subject] - by Dragon Fogel - 12-12-2012, 02:38 AM