The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Six: Eddelin City]

The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Six: Eddelin City]
Re: The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Three: Water...place!]
Originally posted on MSPA by Schazer.

One of the babes uttered a trill, like the wings being simultaneously torn off one million butterflies. The Queen bid her hush, wiping off a splash of bile that had landed on its wing, and advanced on the weakly protesting Kracht. Something arced over his head, and Kath caught it despite herself.

It was a stone figurine, thrumming with impotent, indignant rage. Kath heard the sound of one beige hand clapping.

Congratulations

your majesty

An gaunt silhouette of a man, with a tan knife for a left hand and a big black disk where his tail should've been halted its applause, bid Arkal wait on the ship, and bowed.

I apologise for interrupting your moment of triumph with administrative matters

but I assure you it is sufficiently urgent

seeing as I intend to resign from my post shortly

"You're..."

Xadrez placed an Ovoid hand on Kracht's shoulder, so everyone could hear it. General Xadrez

Supreme commander of the armed forces of the Place

He bowed again. A dangerous flicker of recognition seemed to cross Kracht's face, or it might've been a mineral equivalent of nausea. Kath scrutinised the chess piece's face, idly wondering why stomping it into the bile underfoot felt so appealing.

"Why the resignation?"

Appointed without my knowledge by your predecessor, your highness

Tasked with oddly enough destroying this city we stand in

I assure you it is nothing personal with your majesty

"Nothing personal? What's stopping you from serving under me, then? Hmm?" There was a sting of Green to it that shouldn't have caught Xadrez by surprise. He took a moment to compose himself.

Be

Because there is no life debt, your majesty

The Queen laughed.
"Oh, that's easy! I just spare your life here and now-"

No

I mean

the laws decree you must save a life your majesty

one of my choosing

If you would consent to this your highness I suggest we expede the matter with your newfound talents

first I would require Sikarius find a new host in the hydra

The Bio-Wyrm in question had finally risen to what could be tenuously described as its feet. It was mad and furious and a little bit confused about whose orders it was meant to be disobeying on principle or disobeying out of spite, but had digested the discussion through the chess piece still lodged somewhere amongst some ribs. Fanthalion said nothing, in case it tipped her senile compatriot's decision in the wrong direction. Whichever way that happened to be.

"Go on," Kath urged him, with the tone one might dismiss a dog you'd been forbidden from keeping, but not one you'd quite yet fallen head over heels for. Sikarius stared the Queen and the General down in turn with his loathsome excuse for a face.

"I'll be rid of the lot of you?"

The Ovoid will repair the septum before departure, nodded Xadrez.

"Deal."

Fanthalion spasmed, before a dart of data snicked between her tusks and fired itself into the floor; the abomination crumbling away to reveal a Maxwell just past the verge of collapse. With a twitch from Xadrez, the Ovoid started doing something to the still-dripping roof.

"The beige... uh... thing. That's yours?"

I have an alliance with it as an interim measure

Now your majesty

please use the green to expunge the spirit trapped in that chess piece

transplanting it into
that vessel

"Wait... what?"

Kath barely paid Maxwell a glance, instead watching the way one of her green little charges wrapped its curious mandibles round the rock.

"Necromancy, hm? That's a first for me, but sure. I think I can do it. And once I've saved this ghost, you agree to serve on as my general?"

Once the formalities have been completed over There-
Xadrez motioned to the still-paralysed Kracht- then yes

The life debt forged I will be yours to command

"Hah. Ok, then. I'll resurrect your ghost-girlfriend for you. General."

Comprehension suddenly hit Maxwell, but his limbs didn't seem to be repairing themselves. He looked over one shoulder, then the other, and found a hazy presence of an entirely wrong colour. I'm sorry

The Queen was coming his way, the bile flashing green as it swirled round her feet. She took Jen, touched her against her sword, drawing it with an anticipatory verdant gasp. He couldn't move, Jen glinting wicked sharp in her Majesty's hand as they stood over the boy. She seemed to be searching for a human form amidst the wreckage Sik had wrought, then quit dithering and tapped her sword lightly on each of his shoulders. Maxwell stared Jen down, her point shining like angel with a halo of red and green.

Kath stabbed down sharply, driving the ghost-tinted sword right through to the hilt. Her abominations leapt off her at the sudden movement, but settled again as she stood, drawing the sword that wasn't Jen out with her. She gave the body one last look, then marched back to Xadrez.
"I think that did it."

Did it? asked Xadrez, of the Bio-Wyrm still attached. Fanthalion tore her gaze from MaxwJen's face, remodelling already in progress, and coiled around the chess piece.

... yes. Xadrez nodded, and bowed to the queen again.

Thank you your highness

I apologise again for the dalliance

"No worries, General," smiled Kath. She pocketed Jen's old chess piece, fixed her coat of beautiful little horrors, and headed for the door. The tactician shivered.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Three: Water...place!] - by Schazer - 06-05-2011, 12:39 AM