The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Six: Eddelin City]

The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Six: Eddelin City]
Re: The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round One: Alpha Complex!]
Originally posted on MSPA by Schazer.

Xadrez's first thought was, oh. Decanting. Right. Then he finally consciously processed the implications of the contents in the rows upon rows of tanks that loomed overhead, and hoped things had finally gotten screwy enough to upset Kracht.

Then Weo|3, confused but enthusiastic, swung a scaly claw at Xadrez's pieces.

The tactician whipped out his knife with frightening speed, jabbing at the Rillian's throat. Xadrez made no attempt to even chance stabbing him, lest his weapon's main flaw be revealed. The moment for sardonic replies was shattered by Maxwell's agonized snarl as Sikarius decided he'd had enough of playing nice and weaponized the boy's arm.

Kracht sighed as he heard a cloning tank pierced by the bone arm, followed by a "FUCK YEAH, WHOOOO! DEATH LEOPARD!" and Jen's barked warning as Sikarius burst out and tried to rip her to shreds. Things were about to get messy, and he was almost tempted to just sit it out here in the corridor and wait for Jen and Weo|1 to snuff it in the ensuing violence. That uptight ghoul could get really riled up if someone messed with his board, and it was astounding how much blunt-force trauma one could inflict with a dagger, even if it couldn't pierce flesh.

The dagger. Recalling one rather explosive iteration, Kracht saw a chance to sabotage Xadrez. Warning Arkal to "stay out here, things will get messy", the mineral snatched Arkal's laser gun from his box, strolled in with his own, and fired a casual shot above the doorway. There was a squeal, some smoke, and the automatic door ground to a three-quarters closed halt behind him.

"Weo, leave his board alone. It'll only make him angry, and even if his knife can only cut the inorganic he could probably bludgeon you to death with it." Kracht then trained his gun on Maxwell, a third sprouting arm extracting a disc which made Weo start with familiarity.

"By rights, Xadrez, with that mission you received you should be doing this," Kracht intoned as he logged into the Blue terminal with a well-practiced tempo rapping at the keys. His two original limbs still had the pistols pointing at Maxwell and Weo|1. "Keleth, are you about? Would you please open that bottle, read the note tucked in the cap nice and loudly so we can all hear it, and then quench your thirst with its delicious New! Improved! Flavour? Alright," chuckled the mineral, more to Xadrez's frozen figure than anyone else, "that last bit isn't necessary, I'll concede. Keleth?"

The shapeshifter had been trying to make himself inconspicuous behind a neon tank with another clone of Weo in it, but peeked out at Kracht's orders. Searching his pockets for the offending bottle, he unscrewed it with a ksssht and unfolded the sticky piece of paper.

"We of the Yes Verses Bore would like to assist you with escape and to restore order. Simply take this disc to your final location, insert it into the computer, and follow these instructions-"

"Yes, yes," Kracht interrupted, impatient. Firing a warning shot at Sikarius' scaly, marauding head, the mineral rapped away for a few more tense moments before finally whacking 'Enter' with a vicious satisfaction. He turned to Maxwell, who was doubled over with the effort of fighting his parasite's influence.

"As loyalty officer, I realise by rights you should report me as a RED for accessing this BLUE terminal. Still, what Friend Computer knows won't hurt him, will it?" A nasty smirk tainting his crystal voice, Kracht loosed another shot over the shoulder just as Weo|3 leapt at Xadrez. The tactician, still brutally dejected by his inability to throw off Kracht, didn't or couldn't move to divest his board of the dead Rillian.

"No," Kracht sighed, really enjoying the theatrics by this point as the terminal gave a delightful little beep indicating the program had completed, "I guess what the Computer knows, will hurt you, instead."

"INITIALISING CONTAINED SYSTEMS REBOOT IN SECTOR BSV. FETCHING MAPS... MAP DATA COMPROMISED. RESTORING MAPS PRIOR TO SYSTEMS COMPROMISE. MAPS SUCCESSFULLY FETCHED. GOOD DOG, BEST FRIEND COMPUTER. FETCHING MISSION LO-HEY HEY HEY HEY WAIT WHAT ARE YOU SCHMUCKS DOING IN HERE? THIS AIN'T NO IIIIIIIIIINFORMATION ABOVE YOUR CLEARANCE LEVELELELELELELEL FOR A BUNCH OF REDS LIKE YOURSELF."

"The Team Leader takes full responsibility for entering this restricted area, after following the directions of Clone Xadrez, Officer of Stupid Ga-"

"YEAH, CLONE KRACHT, THAT'S JUST SPIFFING, BUT JUST GIMME A MINUTECYCLE. YOUR IMPECCABLE WORK APPEARS TO HAVE FIXED UP WHATEVER I SENT YOU TO FIX IN THE FIRST PLACE, SO WELL DONE I GUESS. WE CAN GET ONTO INDIVIDUAL REPORTS ONCE I'VE RESTORED THE REST OF MY SUBROUTINES. AND I CAN ONLY ASSUME YOU'VE ALL BEEN A BUNCH OF TREASONOUS MUTANTS AND TRAITORS ON YOUR TRAVELS, SO JUST LET ME WARM UP SOME SENTRY TURRETS."

Kracht looked smug; Xadrez was seething so hard he was burning a hole in Arkal's pocket. The humans and Rillians quieted as a veritable spectrum of lasers descended and trained upon them, save for the gurgling of Weo|4 as he tried to screech his allegiance to Death Leopard while impaled on Maxwell's mutated arm.

"MISSION LOGS RETRIEVED... TROUBLESHOOTER FILES RESTORED... OK, LET'S GET THIS BLAME-GAME-VID-SHOW ON THE ROAD. ACCORDING TO MY RECORDS, A TEAM OF RED TROUBLESHOOTERS LED BY TEAM LEADER WEO WERE SENT TO FIX SOME PROBLEM IN MY SERVERS. USING AN UNAUTHORISED DISC PROVIDED BY A HIGHLY TREASONOUS SECRET SOCIETY, THE 'YES VERSES BORE', COMMS AND RECORDING OFFICER KRACHT RESTORED MY LOCALISED PROGRAMMING TO NORMAL. ON A BLUE TERMINAL." Nobody moved, awaiting the verdict. "YEAH, I DUNNO JUST HOW MUCH OTHER TREASON YOU MAGGOTS COMMITTED TRYING TO GET THAT DONE, BUT SEEING AS THE LOYALTY OFFICER'S GOT HIS FILTHY MUTATED ARM THROUGH ONE OF MY CLONING TANKS I'M JUST NOT IN A MOOD TO ASK."

Arkal's gruff voice was barely discernable over the hum of sentry turrets as he unsuccessfully tried to get his bulk through the half-closed door. "What the hell's going on in there?"

Arkal, find a device amongst your equipment that can distract the Computer's sight, and be ready to run.

"STILL," boomed the Computer, "WITH YOUR DIRTY DEXTEROUS DIGITS, KRACHT, YOU HELPED ALERT ME TO A PACK OF INTRUDERS MASQUERADING AS TROUBLESHOOTERS IN MY COMPLEX. SO AFTER I SUMMARILY EXECUTE YOU ALL I GUESS YOU GUYS ARE UP FOR PROMOTION OR SOMETHING."

"Excuse me?" Kracht asked pleasantly, completely unsurprised by this development.

"HOLY ME, YOU STUPID OR SOMETHING? YOU GUYS. INTRUDERS. MY LASERS. BLASTING HOLES IN YOU IN FIVE... FOUR... THREE..."

Arkal snuck his brawny arm into the gap and tossed what he thought was a smoke bomb. All hell broke loose.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round One: Alpha Complex!] - by Schazer - 07-12-2010, 04:56 AM