The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Six: Eddelin City]

The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round Six: Eddelin City]
Re: The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round One: Alpha Complex!]
Originally posted on MSPA by Schazer.

The disc did not turn, but the spirit above it deigned to spin slowly, blank eyes appraising Kracht. The Observer said he has won this competition many times over. Perpetuation; ignoring the chronological flow. Or transcending it. The comes as no surprise to the Observer; he implies that breaking the loop is possible, yet this Kracht believes it to be not. Mineral. Inorganic. Xadrez did not take the proffered monarch, matter-of-factly adding to his mental dossier Confident. Depending on whether his claims hold true, arrogant; Delusional. Postulating truth in his perpetuity, he knows what I will do next. There was no malice in these thoughts; it was simply how Xadrez saw everything. The stern-faced warlord trembled a little in Kracht's hand, and for a moment nothing happened. Kracht's crystalline features twitched a little as the spirit's dispassionate, measured voice filled his head.

You already know my response to your jibe

The ageless one shook his head, no surprise registering.
"Nope. You've told me that every damn time, wouldn't you believe it." Xadrez didn't. "Come on, chessmaster, loosen up. You know that I know you won't remain all lofty and objective forever." There was another long pause, by which point several other contestants had stumbled out of the smoke-filled room. Kracht shrugged, and walked around the black disc, which idly trailed after him. With his back to Xadrez, holding the king up to his face to better examine its now-tediously familiar features, Kracht declared, "That's quite all right. You almost never believed at this point before - but it generally brought you round faster when I did. Can't blame me for wanting to get this show on the road, can you?"

Xadrez said nothing, still paralysed with speculation on the ramifications of opening his mouth. Kracht turned to look up at the inscrutable spirit, chuckling with sympathy garnered from dozens of repetitions of this exchange. "You poor thing. You poor, fallacious thing." Xadrez's response (or lack of it) finally made the stone features quirk with something resembling surprise. "Hm. That actually worked, last time." Shrugging unconcernedly again, the pair made their way up to a junction; Kracht turning right, Xadrez deliberately and wordlessly floating straight ahead.

"Briefing room's this way, Troubleshooter! Don't want to be late to your first mission!" Kracht received only a breaking of the tactician's telepathic hold on the king. Tossing the piece over his shoulder, the immortal hummed a loyalty anthem as he strolled to the briefing room.

Xadrez had a headache.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle S2G1! [Round One: Alpha Complex!] - by Schazer - 05-23-2010, 05:42 PM