One thousand ugly free-user watermarks - Game Maker thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One thousand ugly free-user watermarks - Game Maker thread
RE: One thousand ugly free-user watermarks - Game Maker thread
(03-30-2013, 10:23 PM)Ed Wrote: »So, guys, can anyone instruct me about what resolutions work best for gm? I've read some things about the screen not stretching properly or the game running too slow. Also spirte sizes, can i go crazy and make objects the size of the screen? Should i use only even numbers so they re-scale properly?

There's a screen resolution fix that 95% works for the GM 7 and 8 series by ChevyRay that deals with surfaces on TIGsource I believe. I've personally implemented it into my RPG just fine and if I'm not mistaken, you can see it put into action with the original Spelunky. The only thing is any view actions that you would normally control in the Room interface no longer function normally (i.e. view scaling and object following). However, these can be pretty easily programmed into the game.

The other "5%" depends on whether or not a computer can handle surfaces. Most after-y2k computers can, but if not, I think there's a built in option to turn surfaces off?

The tutorial and code is over here:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=3142.0

There are a variety of other super useful tutorials in that link. It's worth checking out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: One thousand ugly free-user watermarks - Game Maker thread - by amosmyn - 05-01-2013, 03:14 AM