The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
>Adler: You set about rounding up some butterflies when a thought occurs to you. You remember something Rebecca said about the effects of butterflies; how when they flap their wings they cause storms and hurricanes on the other side of the world. If you were to gather too many of them together, the storm they unleash could be powerful enough to ravage the entire planet! But wait... Butterflies gather in huge numbers all the time. If the beating of their wings unleashed such destruction then logically the world would already be destroyed. Perhaps it is only done consciously, like if the butterflies will it. Yes, that makes sense. Then truly adding butterflies to your entrance would only make you look more powerful and awesome! To tame not only the "Raccoon Monster" but also bring an entire kaleidoscope of butterflies to heel! However, before you use these butterflies, you have to be sure.
>Adler: As a butterfly perches daintily on the tip of your finger, you glare at it and conjure up the most intimidating voice you can muster. "Alright butterfly, let me make one thing perfectly clear: you don't cause any trouble and I won't cause any trouble for you. If you do this for me, I can make it worth your while. You understand?"
>Butterfly: You say nothing as you are a butterfly.
>An Ixie: You alert your sire that the coven is drawing near, he should take his place now. Also, what is he doing?
>Adler: You take the butterfly's silence for compliance. You tell your ixie that you were just making sure that you all understand each other.
>Ixie: Uh... Okay...
>Adler: You gather everything you need and hop into your hiding place. You heart picks up, the last few times you tried making a grand entrance didn't work out so well. You need to make this one count. You steel your nerves and mentally prepare yourself as you hear them approach.
>Adler: You have to stifle a laugh as you hear them collectively gasp at the sight of Burnside standing guard. She says her lines and you hear the coven nervously shuffle forward into the circle. So far so good...

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 08-22-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-08-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-30-2016, 04:05 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by typeandkey - 11-23-2022, 02:46 PM