The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

Quote:>Adler: Going back to a concern Vernier brought up, she needn't worry about aging and dying while you stay young. You are reasonably sure that you can transmogifry her to keep her potentially young forever. Similar with what happened with Oak.
>Vernier: Reasonably sure?
>Adler: She need not worry herself. You are experienced at this kind of thing. Also, with the hyper-focused personality that you adopted mere moments ago, you feel confident that absolutely nothing can go wrong.

"I'd like to touch on something you said earlier," I declared. "You expressed concern that you would grow old at your accelerated lowfolk pace while I remained ageless in elfly constancy. You needn't worry about this. I am reasonably confident that I can transmogrify you to be younger, and potentially extend your life span indefinitely."

"Reasonably confident?" Vernier asked skeptically.

0601yesbut.gif

"It worked on Oak Marten," I replied. "He was a full-grown adult, and I transmogrified him into a little girl, after which he experienced a second adolescence and blossomed into a lovely young femme. I feel sure it would work again. What could possibly go wrong? It's so simple."

"Well at least YOU'RE sure about it," Vernier retorted in a tone that implied doubt. "But even if you could make me live forever, what about when your Noblefemme steps in? Wouldn't she be upset seeing her betrothed emperor-to-be already with someone? It's bound to be awkward at the very least."

Was she blushing? Was she actually attracted to this focused, confident type of personality? How interesting ... NO! Never mind that! I needed to stay focused!

"Ahem," I coughed, clearing my head of distracting thoughts. "You are forgetting the royal tradition of Floozies and concubines. Edessa did not seem to be deterred by all the other femmes hanging onto my brother Estmere. These elvish noblefemmes know the score. But even if Zandar is jealous, so what? She doesn't have to stick around, and frankly it might be best if she didn't. Lysander described her as 'Not marriage material' based on his research. I only need her to crown me Emperor, then she's free to go."

"It seems cruel to use someone like that," Vernier sighed. "Plus, if she's mad, she might just refuse to crown you."

0601musings.gif

Hmm. Obviously I was not going to convince Vernier at this point, but ... she thought I was charming and admitted to having "feelings" for me, and I wasn't even using Wiles! All I had to do now was keep doing what I was doing and she would have to eventually come around. That wasn't Unseelie, was it? No, it couldn't be. My intentions were noble and it was necessary for the good of Faerie that I ... hmm ... that I be crowned, but surely having a lowfolk consort would fit into that picture somehow ...
The Ballad of Adler Young: Silly furry elf adventure. Read the RECAP: https://adleryoung.tumblr.com
Steampup: Surreal dog-headed Victorian adventure.  Winterbough Saga Wiki:  Everything we know about Faerie, its history & inhabitants.
See an edited recap of Zandar's Saga, and new pages at my Patreon.  Peruse original music at Bandcamp.
*Adorable plum-munching Mavis avatar by the incomparable Tronn.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 08-22-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-08-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-30-2016, 04:05 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by tegerioreo - 06-02-2022, 01:42 AM