The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

Quote:>Adler: Irritation and disappointment well up in side you. It seems you were giving Burnside too much credit. You really don't want to deal with this now.
>Burnside: Continue your attempts to seduce Adler over to the dark side using the dark side. Pain, darkness, atrophy... What does 'atrophy' even mean anyway?

0427sweetums.gif

"Roses are red," Burnside began reciting. "Violets are purple -"

"Don't finish that," I warned her.

"Aw come on, my dark wicked darlin," she protested. "Let's have some dark wicked fun! We can whip up a potion o' lizard eyeballs and venery magick to bring storms an' blight the crops for miles around! We can stand entwined atop yonder dolmen an' gaze balefully out at the forest, so if anybody happens along, the first thing they'll think of is Pain an' Darkness an' uh ... Atrophy? Is that the right word?"

"I don't think it is," I grumbled. "Get off of me."

"Nuh uh," Burnside giggled. "You an' me are soulmates. We gotta cling to each other as our only solace in this here world o' misery an' despair. Violets are violet an' roses are crimson -"

"No Sartorian poetry!" I warned.

Quote:>Rebecca: Burnside's shamefully, clumsy attempt at being witchy is starting to make you feel self-conscious. Is that really how people see you?

0427thatsawful.gif

"Is ... is that the way I acted?" Rebecca murmured as she watched Burnside's cringy antics. "Is that what the whole Dark Witchy thing looks like from the outside? Please tell me I wasn't that pathetic and annoying!"

Quote:>Adler: Your attempts to shoo her away aren't working, she isn't letting up! Vernier is looking at you! Quickly think of something.
>Burnside: Whaaa- stops moving.

"Sir," Vernier interjected. "Are you and the Raccoon Monster ... lovers? I'm not jealous. In fact, this makes things a lot simpler."

0427hushnow.gif

"No, confound it!" I exclaimed. I quickly turned and gave Burnside a hefty dose of my Orgasmic Touch. "That's enough out of you! Be quiet now."
The Ballad of Adler Young: Silly furry elf adventure. Read the RECAP: https://adleryoung.tumblr.com
Steampup: Surreal dog-headed Victorian adventure.  Winterbough Saga Wiki:  Everything we know about Faerie, its history & inhabitants.
See an edited recap of Zandar's Saga, and new pages at my Patreon.  Peruse original music at Bandcamp.
*Adorable plum-munching Mavis avatar by the incomparable Tronn.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 08-22-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-08-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-30-2016, 04:05 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by tegerioreo - 04-28-2022, 02:12 AM