The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

Quote:>Adler: It's getting time to bring this long day to a close. Let Vernier compose herself while you guide your student, then you can see about sending the two of them home.

"I need to give my disciple some guidance," I told Vernier. "Will you be all right?"

She nodded and dabbed at her nose, so I let go of her and headed toward where Rebecca was sitting.

Burnside was directly in my way.

Quote: >Adler: Burnside is being a real pest. Moreso than usual.. Try and say something that would terribly shock her and see if it freezes her again.
this headology psychowatsit stuff you learned from watching Vernier worked wonders on Rebecca, maybe you should try it on Burnside and see if you can get her head on straight.

I brushed aside the annoyance I immediately felt, and thought: Maybe Burnside is mean because everyone has been mean to her. What if I used gentle techniques of low-level Wiles and polite positivity, like I had seen Vernier use to get people to agree? It couldn't hurt.

0330gggosh.gif

"You know that ridiculous outfit Rebecca designed for you?" I asked.

"What about it?" Burnside shot back.

"I laughed at first because it was so silly, but you actually looked strangely attractive in it."

"G - g - g - gosh," she stammered, obviously surprised. "You really think so?"

"Elves don't lie," I remarked, and strode casually past her.

Quote:>Rebecca: You are starting to approach things from the right mindset, but you are still new to not seeing everything from the perspective of a cackling loon. Point out where you are stuck and let your infallible mentor guide you.
>Adler: Bestow the most wisdomyest wisdom you have ever bestowed.

I crouched down next to Rebecca and put on my most thoughtful and scholarly expression. I tried to imagine how Adoyret Sam would handle this.

"Gotten where to, have you?" I asked, exuding wisdom from every pore.

0330inthebook.gif

"I think I'm starting to develop some appreciation for the Seelie way, My Lord," Rebecca replied, tilting the book toward me so I could see it. "The Overspell text appears here, right after this long section about honoring the Lady."

"Indeed," I sagely remarked.

"I heard what you said to the Raccoon Monster, My Lord," she whispered. "I'm wearing the same outfit. Do you also find me strangely attractive? If I am worthy, would you do me the honor of honoring the Lady together with me?"

"Ahem," I stated in as professorial a tone as I could muster. I looked at the next paragraph and realized it was one of Reynard's famous erotic poems, composed after his first night of divine passion with Fuma. Perhaps I should not have started Rebecca off with the Foxspell after all...
The Ballad of Adler Young: Silly furry elf adventure. Read the RECAP: https://adleryoung.tumblr.com
Steampup: Surreal dog-headed Victorian adventure.  Winterbough Saga Wiki:  Everything we know about Faerie, its history & inhabitants.
See an edited recap of Zandar's Saga, and new pages at my Patreon.  Peruse original music at Bandcamp.
*Adorable plum-munching Mavis avatar by the incomparable Tronn.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 08-22-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-08-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-30-2016, 04:05 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by tegerioreo - 03-31-2022, 01:49 AM