The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

"You still need to work on how to talk to femmes," Vernier observed, "but I feel very sure that you're on the right path this time. You know, you are actually quite charming in a very clumsy sort of way. If only... No, it wouldn't be right."

Quote:>Adler: Durrrrrr- * Wait, what did she just say?

0302umeanit.gif

"Charming?" I blurted, cutting straight to the heart of her argument. "You really think so? Do go on!"

"No," she demurred. "It's nothing worth pursuing, honest. It was a selfish thought to begin with. I promised I would help you, not take advantage of you."

Quote:>Adler: She said you were charming? She thinks you're charming and you weren't even using wiles! *You have the biggest dopey grin on your face.*
>Burnside: *Quietly* Why doesn't he ever act that way around you? Are you really that repulsive? Is it your height? Are you not pretty enough? Maybe your (lowfolk) Pa was right...

0302panorama.gif

"You can take advantage a little bit," I pointed out. "I won't mind."

"Sir, we need to keep this professional," Vernier insisted. "Forget I said anything."

"How can I ever forget?" I sighed. "You think I'm charming and I wasn't even using Wiles!"

"Why don't he act that way around me?" Burnside muttered somewhere behind me. "Is it my breath? Ain't I purty enough? Was Pa right all along?"

Quote:>Vernier: Desperately try to get Adler to focus on business. You stutter clumsily as you try to redirect the conversation.
>Adler: Hurrrr Durrrr, she said you were charming!

"No no no," Vernier stammered. "Everyone, listen! Let's get back on track. I momentarily forgot myself, and I apologize."

"I forgive you," I sighed. "But only for the crime of not sharing your feelings sooner!"

"Sir, please. I think you should talk to Oak Marten."

"Why? Does she think I'm charming too?"

"I have no idea," Vernier shrugged. "If I had to guess, I'd say probably not, but that's not important! You need to talk to her to get the Marten family's side of the story. She can provide more information on Ash and maybe even convince the Marten family to support your further ventures, like they did with the hair salons. That's assuming they've managed to recoup their losses from ... on second thought, it might be best not to bring that up."

"I'd rather talk to you," I purred. "You're quite charming, yourself. Much more so than Oak."

Quote:>Vernier: Rub your temples. Yes, Adler can be charming, and he can also be *VERY* frustrating...

0302headache.gif

"Argh," Vernier groaned as she rubbed her temples. "I really regret letting that slip."
The Ballad of Adler Young: Silly furry elf adventure. Read the RECAP: https://adleryoung.tumblr.com
Steampup: Surreal dog-headed Victorian adventure.  Winterbough Saga Wiki:  Everything we know about Faerie, its history & inhabitants.
See an edited recap of Zandar's Saga, and new pages at my Patreon.  Peruse original music at Bandcamp.
*Adorable plum-munching Mavis avatar by the incomparable Tronn.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 08-22-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-08-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-30-2016, 04:05 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by tegerioreo - 03-03-2022, 03:16 AM