The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

Quote:>Rebecca: Oh! Magically enchanted text. That's... Actually pretty cool! Could you learn to do that?
>Adler: *Can lowfolk learn to do things like that? Do you know how to do that anyway?*

0223maybe.gif

"Wow," Rebecca exclaimed. "That's really neat. Can I learn to write magically enchanted secret text?"

"Maybe..." I mused. Could she? Was that something lowfolk could learn? I wasn't even sure how to do it myself. "That comes later. For now, you must continue studying the Foxspell until you are ready for more advanced material."

It was probably best not to teach this femme any secrets until I could be sure that she wouldn't just use them to turn people into frogs or something.

"Get back to reading, and I'll check on you in a while."

Quote:>Burnside: You are quietly sulking, you were hoping to finally have someone to share your hobbies with...

0223rassafrass.gif

I strolled across the clearing towards Vernier, and passed Burnside, who gave me a surly look.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked.

"Dagnabbit," the raccoon replied. "You're a corruptin' influence. That gal coulda been somebody I could finally share my hobbies with, and you done went all turnin' her Seelie. How come I ain't allowed to have any friends?"

"You would have more friends if you weren't so violent," I explained. "People don't like having to worry about whether you're going to cut them to pieces."

"That's their problem," Burnside sulked.

"Sounds to me like it's your problem. You're the one who's alone when you don't have to be. Try being nicer."

Quote:>Adler: Head to Vernier while Rebecca reads. Is there anything left you need to discuss? This has been a very productive, and very long, day.
>Vernier: You are earnestly smiling at Adler. You are very impressed and very pleased with the pep-talk he gave Rebecca.
>Adler: This compliment makes you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Approaching Vernier, I asked her "Is there any additional business we need to discuss? It's been quite a long and busy day."

0223welldone.gif

"That was well done, Sir," Vernier said to me with a smile. "The pep talk you gave Rebecca was exactly what she needed to hear, and you handled Miss Burnside very well too. You are actively helping change someone's life for the better. I feel sure that you will make an excellent Emperor one day."

"Durrr," I replied sagaciously.
The Ballad of Adler Young: Silly furry elf adventure. Read the RECAP: https://adleryoung.tumblr.com
Steampup: Surreal dog-headed Victorian adventure.  Winterbough Saga Wiki:  Everything we know about Faerie, its history & inhabitants.
See an edited recap of Zandar's Saga, and new pages at my Patreon.  Peruse original music at Bandcamp.
*Adorable plum-munching Mavis avatar by the incomparable Tronn.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 08-22-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-08-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-30-2016, 04:05 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by tegerioreo - 02-24-2022, 02:44 AM