The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
Show Content

Quote:>Adler: use Foxspell by StRenard, hoping to appeal to Rebecca's thing for spells and witchery
>Adler: You should give her 'Foxspell of Saint Reynard' since his book puts a lot of focus on also being Seelie. If she takes to it you can can give her the other as supplementary reading. Now then, try out your new ability to summon things without knowing where they are.
>Vernier: Remind Adler that it worked when he displayed a heightened focus.

I quickly decided on the Foxspell since it focused on being Seelie and honoring Fuma, but then I realized - where could I find a copy? I doubted it would be in the scry-tower library, but I pulled a few books from there anyway just in case.

"Nope, nope, nope, that's not it either," I muttered while apporting books. "I'm pretty sure they had several copies in the Vulpitanian Embassy, but I'm not sure where exactly they would be."

"How impressive, My Lord," Rebecca exclaimed. "To produce Forbidden Books from nowhere!"

"Shush," I shushed. "I need to concentrate on visualizing the Embassy in my mind. This is tough. The last time I was there, they had a huge pie fight going on and it was hard to keep track of the layout."

I apported two seltzer bottles and a clown shoe, so I knew I was getting close ... but no Foxspell.

"You do much better when you have heightened focus," Vernier reminded me.

"Back off, gal," Burnside snapped. "I got this."

0112burnswiles.gif

The raccoon femme sidled up, put her arms around me, and made a kissy face. "Oh darlin," she simpered. "Oh sweety pie, I sure would be obliged if you could pull a copy o' the, uh, which book did you decide on again?"

"The Foxspell of Saint Reynard," I explained. "And knock it off. I don't think you're helping."

"Are you and the Raccoon Monster a couple, My Lord?" Rebecca asked curiously.

Quote:>Adler: absolutely not looking at the weirder and more kinky parts of costumery drawn.
>Burnside: make any comments implying Dark Unseelie Demon Lords having harems as per whatever illustrations there may be in that book.

0112lewdbecca.gif

"HAW!" Burnside guffawed. "We've had venery a few times, but His Lordship ain't a one-femme kinda elf. He's royalty, you know. Usually they have a whole harem o' Floozies servin' their every desire."

"When will I be so honored, My Lord?" Rebecca asked in a strange, sultry voice. "The drawings on pages seventeen through twenty-three of my journal were not merely abstract symbolism. They depict what I hope are actual orgiastic rites. I'm ready anytime to pledge my devotion and surrender my body completely to your dark will. You implied earlier that you thought I was too young, but in Bunkirk I'm already past the prime marrying age."

"He's real good at ravishin' femmes," Burnside declared. "You just gotta earn it."

"Instruct me in what I must do," the rabbit femme murmured huskily.

Quote:>Adler: Eala! it worked! This is going to be so useful. You really wish you knew you could do this before, it would have helped you out of a lot of problems. This also means you don't need to keep having people bring you food.
>Rebecca: Bask in the dark powers your terrifying lord of the void displays as he conjures up a forbidden tome of forgotten daemoniac lore.
"Secret Cabal Knowledge" by a Dark Fox Saint.
>Adler: Okay yeah, she needs to start reading this immediately.

"EALA!" I exclaimed, with the book suddenly in my hand. "Behold, the Foxspell according to Saint Reynard!"

"A dark incunabulum of incalculable evil?" Rebecca gushed excitedly. "For ME??"

"No," I protested. "It's a fun, lighthearted romp through primitive Mephitist theology with an emphasis on mischief and maintaining a Seelie attitude, written by a Vulpitanian saint."

"Was he an elf?"

"Yes, and allegedly a consort of the goddess Fuma."

"Elves are pagan nature spirits and any deity aside from the Blessed Baby Bunny and his father, the Cosmic Ram, is a devil," Rebecca stated confidently.

"Just read the thing," I insisted, handing it to her.

0112darkpower.gif

"MY BEAUTIFUL DAEMONIAC LORD!" Rebecca cackled. "You have honored me this day by bestowing upon me a sinister tome summoned forth from the very depths of the netherworld! I shall prove myself worthy of this great trust!" She started flipping through it. "AHA! It contains the Overspell! The ultimate evil! The complete text, with passages that are missing from other grimoires! Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet! Consectetur adipiscing elit! Sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt..."

"Stop! Stop!" I yelled with dismay. "That just means you're not ready for that passage!"

"You're right, My Lord," she said, visibly mortified. "I'm not initiated or anything! You have not yet placed your desecrating Mark upon my body. Imagine a novice like me reciting the Overspell and calling the wrath of heaven and hell down upon myself! I got carried away in my excitement. Thank you for stopping me. I owe you my life."
The Ballad of Adler Young: Silly furry elf adventure. Read the RECAP: https://adleryoung.tumblr.com
Steampup: Surreal dog-headed Victorian adventure.  Winterbough Saga Wiki:  Everything we know about Faerie, its history & inhabitants.
See an edited recap of Zandar's Saga, and new pages at my Patreon.  Peruse original music at Bandcamp.
*Adorable plum-munching Mavis avatar by the incomparable Tronn.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 08-22-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-08-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-30-2016, 04:05 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by tegerioreo - 01-13-2022, 04:01 AM