The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5

The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5
>Rebecca: As Burnside begins the tear through the gloves, inspiration hits you. What if you could artificially make clothes look more worn. More wear and tear added on, faded colors, rips and tears here and there. It's brilliant! If you make a shop to sell it all in you could call it "Cold Topic".
>Burnside: Hey! You helped with the idea so you get half the profits! You shout this between bites.
>Vernier: Why is everyone so easily distracted...
>Adler: Tune them out, you're about to go into delicate negotiations.
>Adler: So far, your performance review of Ash does not look promising. The original agreement was that Ash would supply you with information on this Zandar character, look for her, and spread stories of your deeds to build up a following. Instead, he blinded you to the outside world and helped run off the followers you already had.
>Ash: That's not entirely true, you did in fact pursue the tasks that were actually stated. The thing is, Adler's closing statement was very vague and open ended. "I don't want to know what you could do." The way Adler worded your first negations made it seem like he was giving you leave to pursue whatever you saw necessary however you saw fit. Adler may not see it, but the current situation he's in is very necessary for the both of you. Plus, you were not under any official obligations, there was no contract signed, no pact agreed upon, nor any oath sworn. As it stands, what you have been doing for Adler thus far is just a few favors rather than anything official.
>Adler: Again with this. What is Ash's obsession with contracts and oaths?
>Ash: One thing his highness really needs to get through his head, is to keep his "allies" on a short leash. You mentioned earlier that Adler never actually told you not to betray him. First rule of negations, "In my service, never act against me."

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 08-22-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-08-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by a52 - 09-30-2016, 04:05 AM
RE: The Ballad of Adler Young, Canto 2.5 - by typeandkey - 11-16-2021, 11:08 PM